The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

SiuLung

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Aug 13, 2019
France
I just finished reading Unscripted . Like TMF , I took a LOT of notes that I can go back to in case I drift away from the principles written in the book.

@MJ DeMarco, you did a great job at describing all the forces that are working daily to keep us away from freedom. Until then, I sensed those forces around me, but now I see them clearly and I see them for what they are and nothing more: strings keeping me from reaching my dream life.

The 2nd part of the book is also amazing, enumerating and explaining the keys to a successful fastlane business.

The hours spent reading Unscripted were not vain, as I now have a clear roadmap of what I need to do. If I do not apply it, this will be my own fault. I have the main tools, now it's time to use them and expand my set of tools.

SiuLung

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bigbearjoew

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 29, 2019
Omaha, NE
I’ve felt so much of this for years. It was so nice to find that I’m not the only one that thinks the go to school, get a job, save for decades life is ridiculous. Thanks for writing such an impactful book.

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona

Luck3R

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
386%
Aug 31, 2019
Read it, great book :) Found myself saying "exactly" and "right on" a lot of the time - the world view presented resonates with mine

Bjorn198

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 7, 2019
Belgium
Hi all,

Read this as my first book, next to TFM, both bought on paper and via Audible. Fantastic to listen to and mindblowing truth!

Thanks @MJ DeMarco to tell us your vision and stimulate peoples thoughts and way of living!

Cheers!
Bjorn

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Just finished the book last night. It took me a while because English is not my mother tongue, but it's definitely worth it. At first, I wondered that the book was too abstract because of the long mindset part (even if finally, the whole thing was really useful and refreshing) but when it come to TUNEF, whooom! Loads and loads of precious advices that can (I think, despite my lack of XP in entrepreneurship) make a difference. I think it would be harder to be more precise in the steps while staying transcendant.

Far from being a TMF remake, UnScripted is a real stand alone, more accomplished and mature than the original. My book is completely full of post-it.

@MJ DeMarco thank you for taking the time to build this forum, studying it, synthetize and then deliver us the real-world datas. Now this is education ! Dopeness.

(I'll do the Amazon review ;))

Bests from Belgium

Last edited:

Unfork Yours3lf

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 9, 2019
I read unscripted . I want to bring value to others. I just quite my job last week because f8ck you jobs, and started working for my self. I had great start results. I am trying to learn everything I can to bring value to as many people as I can! thanks!

mdmetelus

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 15, 2019
Queens, New York
I can't freaking believe you put this book together!

Frankly this is your magnum opus!!!

There is so much value/incite shared in this book and I'm so grateful that you chose to write it. I finish an MBA in mid march of this year and this book alone was more valuable thenTHE ENTIRE DEGREE... its not even close! Its amazing how you both expose the duplicity of the established Guru's, show step by step how they know better and what we should be doing to get what we really want.

I had trouble focusing on anything else once i started this book and needed to complete it to have any peace of mind ( I finished the audio book in 2 days). I have been reading books on business, investing, entrepreneurship, markets, and etc on & off for the past 15 years and this book, even more than your first, is the only book that matters. Not only does it lay out and effective broader context of the issues, but it also provides set by step systematic strategies to create fastlane entrepreneurship opportunities of every/any kind. If anyone takes to time to read and understand all of this book they will have no excuse for any lack of success.

Malcolm X's most famous and most misunderstood quote was "...by any means nessessary." What he said was to "Free your MINDS by any means necessary." One cannot be free when ones mind is not free. This book is the economic blueprint for me to do just that for myself and my loved ones.

This would not be possible without you!!! Thank You @MJ DeMarco

I'm not much for public declarations but I've listened to the audio book 2.5 time in less than a month since I purchased it. I also intent to listen to it at least once a month until I can build my own value creation company. I would suggest that anyone else who does not want to be a lifetime wage slave should also do the same. So much of this has to be covered many times for it to really sink in. It has taken a lifetime by many people to condition us all to the script. That process can take some time to undo.

I would also suggest systematically comparing any opportunities both past and present to the C.E.N.T.S. rules. They are priceless.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Since someone bumped it. I need the badge for this I've read it some time ago.

Il est très bon

Pardon my french

Manthe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Sep 9, 2019
After a recommendation from a friend, to read Unscripted last summer (2018), I bought the audio book from Amazon.
I think have must have listened to this book at least 10 times by now, and I still pick up new things every time I listen.

I think the narrator does a great job, and I am more or less laughing my way through the book every time.

I also bought The Millionaire Fastlane , and I think I must have listened to that book at least 10 times as well.

I think MJ does a great job telling the truth about how to get a successful business up and running, and at the same time make me do my own choices of how to go about it.

Learn and do, learn and do, learn and do

Cheers from Måns in Sweden

astr0

Grinding
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 3, 2017
Lviv, Ukraine
Read the book 3 times cause it's totally worth it.

I would say it's the guide to entrepreneurship. The essence of everything that's needed to become not just an entrepreneur, but a successful one in a single book. It's the closest to being a blueprint as I can imagine.

I'm pretty sure that no other book on the topic contains so much value. It's not heavily detailed, but that's probably deliberately. Otherwise, it wouldn't fit on 2000 pages or even in a single book (and probably would be boring too).

It won't tell you what business to start and the exact steps to follow, but once you read it you'll understand why it doesn't exist and no one needs one.

Oh, and Unscripted is probably the main reason my current business is going somewhere and even feels fun.

It definitely takes years to come to something similar to TUNEF on your own.

Thanks for everything, MJ!

P. S. Unfortunately only 4/10 people that I've gifted the books to have read them. Everyone learned something new and think it's a great book too! It definitely was full of mindset changing openings for my partner that hopefully would be lifechanging too soon.

Liandra

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Sep 12, 2019
I bought it on Audible and now I'm listening to it the second time and making notes.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.