The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Read the book.
But I enjoy the audio even more.
Best all around takeaway for me was the realization of how scripted our society trains us to be.
Once the eyes are opened, it would be hard to ever be the same.

Owner2Millions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Feb 21, 2017
Chicago
I just read the book, going read it again after I have my first SAAS customer. MJ you have done it again......please continue to make more books on real business, economics and how to become wealthy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest92dX

I've read unscripted ! I enjoyed unscripted better than TMF . It's a much more thorough book. It does suffer from too much "technique". However, it encourages non-technique, which is also good. Maybe this was MJ being thorough and orderly.

I will definitely do a second go around of the book after I start my next venture.There's a 10 day countdown until start on the next venture. So, I'll probably be reading through every book again that's worth another read.

Also, my new framework is JIT learning just like JIT manufacturing.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Did you talk to Scott Thomas at all after the recorded the book? I am curious as to what his thought was on the book and its material. I have not listened to anything else that he has narrated, but based on the excellent job he has done this is something I am going to check out.

He said he really enjoyed it and it resonated with him. He is an entrepreneur as well, so transforming his work into passive income hopefully was eye-opening to him.

Doug Smith

Changing Lanes
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 27, 2016
Detroit, Mi
He said he really enjoyed it and it resonated with him. He is an entrepreneur as well, so transforming his work into passive income hopefully was eye-opening to him.

He narrates it so naturally that sometimes I forget it's someone other than MJ speaking.

Fid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 26, 2017
Wroclaw, Poland
[check] read Unscripted

nothing to say that has not been said earlier.
I first read the ebook and then ordered the paper version, just to have it tangible.

D

Deleted52158

Read it! It answered all my questions that came up after I've read TMF and "tried" to start a business. Now I'm just doing it and can't thank you enough. Let's see how everything develops from now on :D

cjsweeten101

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 31, 2018
Salt Lake City, UT
Just finished it about a week ago! I also really liked this book by MJ. Interestingly I felt at its best it superior to the MFL but at its worst it was inferior to any part in MFL.

I really enjoyed the later part of the book (or I guess it was the majority of it). A very detailed and in depth guide to what really is a path to self-fulfillment and self-realization through entrepreneurship.

The first part of the book almost turned me off to it honestly and I would have a harder time recommending it then MFL. It was just a bit too tin-foil hat/preachy for me. It could just be the tone of it doesn't jive with me, I think the message being conveyed is at times compelling, just presented in a way that seems a little extremist haha.

Merchant

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jan 31, 2018
California
By almost random happenstance a few buddy's and I got pulled into the office of a very well respected and intelligent gentleman who gave us a few minutes of his time discussing our futures and what he had learned. This book was his recommendation and if it hadn't been for meeting him and reading UNSCRIPTED I would be looking at a very different life path right now. Thank you MJ!

JohnD Realestate

New to Online retail
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Dec 23, 2017
Chappaqua
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE

Wowza. I’ve listened to UNSCRIPTED via Audible.

Need to read it on paper next.
It’s not hard to listen to but it’s packed....packed with ideas. Head is busting.

Thanks for another good one MJ.

Had me laughing about money mastery and the way it was pitched. Good call.
I was looking up Southern electric. Still in the 40’s.

Like the rules of rent. Those are keepers. I had a tenant that wanted a lease like that, so it really hit home.

No free rides on my money, very good point.

Bon Appetit

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jan 19, 2018
Paris, France
Hats off to MJ DeMarco for this book.

I just finish read it and his vision of today's society allow us to step back and think more critically. We are so into the SCRIPT since our birth that it's hard for anyone to think outside the box. We need maturity, critically thinking, it's not an easy task to become UNSCRIPTED by yourself, and this book give us a lot of food for thoughts.

After reading this book I felt like Jim Carrey in the movie The True Man Show, where the hero is manipulated since his birth and discover progressively that something is not right. Matrix comparaison brought by MJ in his book is very adequate also.

Thank you MJ DeMarco for this book, Great Value, Great Contribution.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Finished this afternoon , working on getting some bankroll going - first company was done on credit cards front to back , not a mistake to repeat.

Lots of utility and pragmatic stuff packed into the last quarter , ive read tons of this sort of thing though so maybe im a little jaded to to the "open your eyes , this is how the world works" parts earlier on.

I will say if I was making reccomendations this ones definitely on the list. Ive hammered through 3 of the 7 pages of gold threads this week so thats my next bit of homework now

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
Read it, loved it, and recommended it to a friend. Great stuff!

Moodswing

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 23, 2014
Netherlands
I've read unscripted ! Bought the book for a friend and bought the audible version so I can have it on repeat whenever I'm in the car. Really like the way the audible version is read!

Borregoed

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Aug 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Just finished Unscripted last week and I think the impact this book has had on me is immense.

The entrepreneurial framework, breaking down your biases and mental roadblocks so you can allow yourself succeed, were the biggest points I got out of it.

Great read. Will go over it again soon, so much!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.