The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
374%
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton
Read it. Loved it. Now it's my responsibility (and yours) to utilise the information and spread the word to those willing to listen

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Templeton

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 25, 2019
Kraków, Poland
Hello MJ
Ive read the book, that changed my perceptions to think about future.
I was watching polish billionaire Robert Gryn, he was recommending some books and then I found fastlane, which I download for free, cause I was very sceptical about this type of books and other “business guides”. Previous that I read were awful. I felt, that it was not the right way. Those proposed roads were Slowlane. But having read fastlane, I bought it and I’m gonna read it again in future and follow this lane. The fastlane.

alord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 8, 2019
Read it and recommended, gifted it to my best friends! I read quite a lot, but I believe TMF it's the most genius book I've read in the last years. Thanks MJ

poepe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 19, 2019
Now that there are over 250,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ
I have read TMF and it gave me a great insight into the entrepreneurship world.
The most important point that caught my attention was the 5-2 trade off . Turns out I still don’t get the 2 because my employer has me working weekends to clean up a lot of paper work errors that has been there since I was still in the university. It’s a hard Knox life ‍♂️.
So right now I am in the ideas stage and once I have a solid idea which I’m sure to get soon by sticking around here , I’m firing my boss/employer and toiling at my business the same way have been made to toil at my job.
The trade-off is greater!

kb9nate

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
May 23, 2019
I read the Millionaire Fast Lane, well technically I listened to the Audible version of it. I really enjoyed it and like how MJ tells it how it is and doesn't tip toe around how he puts things. I recently just started listening to the audible version of Unscripted and am already on chapter 12 of it. I am set on making progress this year!

Anhop34

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 10, 2019
Now that there are over 250,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Thanks, MJ
Just finished listening to the Millionaire Fastlane on Audible (making good use of my driving time as suggested). I loved the no-nonsense approach and actionable advice. This book really helped shift my thinking to a truly entrepreneurial perspective. I now have a clearer vision of where I want to be and a solid roadmap to get there. Thank you MJ DeMarco for sharing your knowledge, insights and experience via this exceptional book!

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
I just finished the book! Great stuff and very motivational. I'm gonna check out the forums now and write my introduction post later.

devendra3583

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 10, 2019
Hi @MJ DeMarco , finished listening to the Millionaire Fastlane audio book on 9June2019. Thankyou so much for telling us how things work, and there is a hope for J.O.B. people to actually become a millionaire and quit 9-5. My next goal is to implement and execute as many things as I can, that I have learnt. Thanks again mate, you rock!!

Kylewillwin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 11, 2019

Thanks, MJ
Good Read, really an eye opener for a younger guy like myself

Lil bill34

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 8, 2019

Thanks, MJ
I have read the book.

BrawnyBrain

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 11, 2019
Listened to TMF on Audiobook, am about 1/3 of the way thru Unscripted . Love it, thanks for writing them MJ!

A little more:
Without realizing it, I had started to question the script about a year ago when I was going to invest in real estate (in my case, a perfect slowlane strategy) when instead by a stroke of luck/research/and mindset we decided to acquire a small local business that was mostly passive. I work a good job at a large tech corporation but am strongly considering quitting in favor of pouring more effort into the business to help it scale and grow. It is currently out-earning my tech-salary and i spend 45 hours per week on that work while only spending about 5-10 hours per week on my business and I haven't even helped it grow. WTF am I doing. Simple math has been making my head explode and this book was the nail in the coffin. The parlay we're looking at is a) selling our expensive dream house in favor of getting out of mortgage debt b) moving to a lower cost of living and either buying a house cash or a cheap rental and c) invest time in helping my business scale and also learn how to code so I can build a web development business.

markochoa

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jun 10, 2019

Thanks, MJ

This book opened my eyes to focusing on becoming a producer, someone who is selling as opposed to merely consuming.

markochoa

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jun 10, 2019

Thanks, MJ

I read this. It was great.

Jacob Frank

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 11, 2019

Thanks, MJ
Reading it. Already grateful.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
Last edited:

William B

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 29, 2018
Just finished the book. Great value, Thank You MJ!

Easily top 5 business books that I have ever read (among Rich Dad Poor Dad, 4 Hour Workweek, Effective Executive, and Mastery by George Leonard).

The only thing I disagree with, which I would love MJ to respond to if he can find the time, is the book's ideology surrounding happiness, purpose, and meaningful work. Much of the book preaches that "following your passion is foolhardy" and you'll be happier and have more meaningful work if you offer value to the world in the form of a product/service. While I agree that trying to be a musician or actor leads to crowded marketplaces, high competition, and slim chances for success; Demarco should have taken a chapter or 2 to clarify the value of building expertise in an industry. For example, if you love music, but want to be strategic about entrepreneurship in the music industry... you don't have to leave your passion to try to be an internet entrepreneur or inventor, you can take the fastlane business models Demarco outlines in his book and apply it to your industry of choice.

As the book and many other successful entrepreneurs say: it's about the journey more than the destination. Do you enjoy the process of your work? Are you obsessed with your industry and the customers you serve? If not, you'll likely get crushed by entrepreneurs who do because they aren't going to view work as "a grind to get cool stuff and have a better lifestyle", they'll just love the process.

MJ, if you get the time to read this please know I think you believe this too, I just would have liked to see a chapter or 2 highlight this because without it I think it can lead people astray.

Just my 2-cents.

JWB

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 13, 2019
Just finished the book in 2 days.

Some golden nuggets in there, especially when talking about the CENTS model of defining your Fastlane Business.

I could have done without the crass examples, but I love the no-holds-barred approach to building a business that builds wealth quickly.

Funny enough, though espousing that the Slowlane sucks, my business will be serving them directly (Financial Coaching/Courses, etc.). Even slowlaners need a plan that works

I hope to glean wisdom of those that have built, and contribute as I grow as well.

Glad to be here!

- Jake

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.