The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

connorryan92

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Nov 6, 2018
Sydney
Half way through my second read of fast lane. Love this book and the forum, both have completely altered my whole mindset for the better.

BelgianDude

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 6, 2019
I have read 'TMF '. When I first read the title, I thought this was one of the many "get rich quick" books and I skipped it. On reddit this book was often recommended and after reading a number of reviews I decided to purchase the book and give it a try. I like the underlying mindset and can fully agree with this. I especially liked the CENTS method. These are all logical things that people do not learn at school. No regrets that I purchased this book.

Leif Eric

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 1, 2019
Aachen, Germany
I've read the book, and loved it!
Seriously MJ, your tone in this masterpiece is on point, easy-to-read and full of precious value. I finished it last year and just remember lmao on "(..) is offering a 3-d-seminar for $50,000. Should I buy it? What? Are you smoking crack?(..)"
Serving value while being entertaining is an art.

And yes, I'd like to have this fancy badge please.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

repcop

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 31, 2019
I've read the book! And it changed my mind. Now I understand why my side business will never fly. It is not scalable, and I cannot separate turnover from my personal working time. Will have to find some different approach, and hope to find inspiration from this forum! Thanks MJ!

rynor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 15, 2019
Orlando, FL
Just finished the book and have to say it's one of the most eye-opening books I've ever read. I had at least 10 "aha moments" while reading it. So many good takeaways/golden nuggets that I will have to re-read parts of it.

Thank you MJ for taking the time to write this book. You provided a solution for a need and I'm sure it has paid in spades.

slickricky

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Feb 4, 2019
This book is a fantastic introduction to the world of entrepreneurship. Can't wait to begin my Fastlane journey!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It has changed my whole life.

Thank you!

As long as I'm moving forward in my working progress I can't fail. Like a shark who has to move to survive.

You can't fail, keep moving...

One of the best books on business out there.

Thank you!

left me asking "now what to read?"

Well, duh... Unscripted !

Surprised to see it in different languages in different countries.

Why is that? It's now in most major languages, except German.

Whew, it's about time!

After all this time on the forum, I just finished the book for the first time.

OMG, what took ya so long?!

Any other stories of your childhood entrepreneurship in action?

Yes, but all failures. And funny too, those stories are in Unscripted .

was driving on the slowlane saving up to 50 % of my income to put it in mutual funds.

Nothing wrong with saving! That 50% savings rate will be a great asset to have when you go from making $4K/mo to $40,000/mo.

Probably the best book on planet Earth !

but, I digress. 250,000 copies?!

Damn, Mars is next!!!

I was gifted this book from a good friend as a secret Santa gift.

Please tell 'em thank you!

lamborghini

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 31, 2019
Now that there are over 250,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ

read the book

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest921Y

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Apr 2, 2019

Sivage

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 22, 2019
I've read it as well. I find the reviews about people wanting a step by step process funny.

Mircea Toma

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Mar 2, 2019
Bucharest, Romania
I've read The Millionaire Fastlane , lovely book full of insights. Nowadays, when I buy new books I skim through them just because it's repetitive stuff I've seen in other books.

But this is a different story with TMF .

caromorgan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
May 24, 2011
South Africa
Now that there are over 250,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

I read it many years ago... but came across this quote today that hit me at just the right moment:

The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco
|
For example, if you buy an audio system that costs $4,000 and you make $10 per hour, what’s the real price? What is the weight of the poop? That price is 400 hours of your free time, since you must work 400 hours X $10 per hour to repay the debt. Add 10% interest and your final cost stacks up to 440 hours of your free time added to your weight burden.
So next time ya whip out the Visa, calculate the real cost. How much free time is this going to cost me? Everything we buy hasn’t one cost, but two: The actual dollar cost The free time transformed into indentured time.

Scalr

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Apr 3, 2019
Palo Alto, CA
I got the audiobook after hearing it getting recommended on a Tim Ferris Podcast (the one with the security guy).

There are few books that had such an impact on me and I am grateful that MJ DeMarco put it all down.
Currently listening to Unscripted but also taking action. Working on a web app idea that I had for a while.

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
Read it, then re-read it, then re-read it again. So much great advice, Now I'm going to actually execute. Been saving money up so I can quit my job since I first read it, put in my two week notice the other day.

David Price

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 5, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Hi MJ,

These books just tell it how it is. I actually had two audiobooks ready to listen to in my library, and I decided to choose the other book ahead of the Millionaire fast lane... Needless to say, when I finally got around to pressing play on the fast lane, I was roughly 7 hours or so behind (time it took to finish the previous book) as a result.

As the reader, you could pick apart any book for the most relatable topics but in the fast lane, there's nowhere to hide. MJ says it how it is and he's the proof in the pudding.

Love the books and can not recommend them more highly.

zackg1123

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Dec 6, 2012
Orlando, FL
What a ride it was reading TMF! Almost finished with Unscripted . I'll admit to being guilty of having joined this community back in 2012, then haven't done anything with it until now. Anyway, glad to be back and taking this seriously.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.