The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SRathwell

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Jun 26, 2017
Ontario Canada
I finished the book a couple weeks ago but just now getting here to reply. I read Unscripted first a few months ago and have been using its principals in our business. TMF was a good refresher and drove home many key point. I especially found value in the last few chapters which describe building a money system.

We just took the a big step and moved out of the home and garage shop/office and into our first building (while not pretty or huge, it is functional and will enable us to grow). These books are the first ones I am putting on the bookshelf in my office!

Aaron_S

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 1, 2018
USA
I loved this book. I'm going through it again now.

Henrykelek

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 31, 2018
I stumbled upon this masterpiece two years after i started my banking career last year, o boy! i read it like a holy grail, I almost resigned say for the two years bond I had previously signed with my employer.

Thank you for this masterpiece, i wish i had read it months earlier. I have started my own company and hope to do well for myself to have the freedom that guarantees happiness.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dogmeat

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 31, 2018
Done, I read both books a while back. I listen to audiobooks all the time, so I go through them quickly and most of them fade from memory in a hurry. But these two, especially Unscripted , have stuck in my mind.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I see opportunity everywhere, so much so that I lose nights of sleep. Lol. His materials should be studied and applied relentlessly!

Welcome to my world, opportunities everywhere!

Blew my mind. I've already given it to my wife and my boss. My life is about to change, and I am committed.

Thanks, hope they like it. Appreciate the recommendations.
I have had the absolute privilege of sharing it with some of my close friends and family members too.

Appreciate the recommendations again!

It is the best book I have read in my life

The impact it has had on my everyday thinking has scared me. I didn't know that a book could have such a profound effect on my thinking patterns.

Yahwooo!

If TMF rocked your world, Unscripted will tip it over.

Unscripted is not TMF 2.0. I found TMF completely worth the additional investment of time and money. It provides an interesting background into many of the concepts featured in Unscripted and delves deeper into some of these and other different subjects. I have gained additional value from MJ's experiences such as the pitfalls of being faux rich or thinking that you are rich before you actually are. It also has helped me to formulate a plan on how to see a good idea through from idea to great business. The book doesn't just provide a road map to business success but also one to happiness and a content life.

To those that have read TMF and don't know if they should read Unscripted . You certainly should. I have read a lot of books on the subject of business and lifestyle and Unscripted is by far my favourite. MJ's development as a writer in between the books is nearly as inspiring as the content. Buy it now.

Thank you for noticing. Unscripted was terribly difficult to write because I had 2 audiences to hit -- fans who read TMF and wanted more, and those who did not.

MJ - You crushed it, literally a life changer. Thank you so much.

Honestly one of the best business books I've ever read.

Read the book and it shook me to the core in a very good way.

but in my opinion UNSCRIPTED is in another dimension in terms of impact it can have on life.

Yahwooo!

Does the use of drop-shipping renders a loss of control and leaves us vulnerable to the actions of the driver?
I am a huge fan of @G_Alexander and love his thread:
GOLD - 24 Years old: QUIT six-figure Job, Launched two Businesses (btw we all are waiting for an update)
He used drop-shipping in achieving this milestone and clearly he is driving his business. If he doesn't like a distributor (offering drop-shipping) and their services, he simply stops the business with them.

Yes, it renders a loss of control and identifies a possible weak link in the business process.

That doesn't mean you can't succeed there or make money doing it. Plenty of people have 100% of their revenue coming from Amazon ... but it's still a loss of control and a risk. One third-party decision and it's over.

Told someone just this morning that it's in my Top 3 business books

Thank you!

Ricko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jul 20, 2018
London, United Kingdom
Thank you for noticing. Unscripted was terribly difficult to write because I had 2 audiences to hit -- fans who read TMF and wanted more, and those who did not.

Safe to say that you smashed it. The event is all that we see but I appreciate that the process of writing the book must have been extremely tough. A second non fiction book in the same genre within the same decade that is not only worth reading but individually excellent...… hats off.

In my opinion, you have become so successful because you embrace process and completely ignore event driven modality. Your faux painted wall in TMF is a tiny example of this but when applied to your life and amplified it just shows how far that attitude can take someone. You could have easily paid someone to paint the wall but didn't, saved money, learnt a skill , built the event in your image and obtained a sense of achievement. The same with your publishing company.

Do you have any plans to write any new books? Would your publishing company ever publish any third party books?

IWC

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 1, 2018
I got the book and spent all day yesterday reading it. Then I sent links to it to both my son and daughter. Being their own boss in the way that you describe..where their business and their money works for them is something I've tried to show them through living my life the way I do. They have grown up hearing me say that "in the morning, when I sit down to meditate, my money puts on it's hat and coat and goes out to work for me". I love the way you dispel the stories society has told us about the benefits of going to university as the only way to get ahead on the way to wealth...both my children have chosen to work and start their entrepreneurial journey alongside and they are still teenagers. It takes courage to be and do different when all around you, people want to blend in and be like everyone else. I want to thank you for sharing your experience through your books..I'm getting copies for some of their friends too!! It's way cooler, and more Effective the way you explain it as opposed to MUM saying it..again & again & again. Thank you @MJ DeMarco.

HowToBadass

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 1, 2018
Read it. Was intense. Seeing yourself slowly dying on the slow lane makes you think, cry and throw stuff at other peopler. Im ready for the fastlane. Thank you

Neos

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 2, 2018
Now that there are over 250,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ

Read the book and so excited to have found it and to be changing my life/belief system. Can’t wait for the future....CHOICE!

Aleph

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 1, 2018
I have read TFLM. Last time was while in web dev boot camp.

Would do well to reread it now, instead of banging my head against the walls. At least, I should bang it against a door as it would give better odds at opening up.

Scared shitless of losing my shirt while starting up. But then again, it probably is the only option if I don't want to "upgrade" from unemployed to factory XYZ.
That sounded far more negative then intended, but I'll keep it.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
I have read TFLM. Last time was while in web dev boot camp.

Would do well to reread it now, instead of banging my head against the walls. At least, I should bang it against a door as it would give better odds at opening up.

Scared sh*tless of losing my shirt while starting up. But then again, it probably is the only option if I don't want to "upgrade" from unemployed to factory XYZ.
That sounded far more negative then intended, but I'll keep it.
Just start taking action.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 6, 2018
I read the book when I was still in education and it was one of the primary reasons that I decided to leave and pursue an entrepreneurial opportunity that was presented to me. I wouldn't have it any other way and I can clearly point to the life-altering differences that this book has made.

Nannibal

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 20, 2015
Wisconsin
I read Millionaire Fastlane for the second time a few weeks ago. I am almost done with Unscripted . Grew up in a very entrepreneurial family but never had the drive to match the vision until now. There is infinitely more work ahead of me but I am proud to say that I have done more work toward making my dreams possible in the past month than I probably ever have.

Successful Steve

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Nov 3, 2018
Now that there are over 250,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Thanks, MJ

Hello MJ, I read the Millionaire Fastlane and have found it to be the most inspiring book out there on this subject.

fsromain

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Nov 4, 2018

Thanks, MJ

Hi MJ, I read few months ago this nugget, thanks a lot.

AlexDep89

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Feb 6, 2018
Belgium
I partly hate myself because I have known about your book for years. The title put me off. Only recently some people I respect advised me to read it and so I did. Great book, now time to take action on it.

Tom Cochrane

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 5, 2018
I finished the book last week, at the beginning of my desire to escape the rat race. Will reread book as it has drastically shifted my perspectives.

Woodie

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 15, 2017
Texas
I read TMFL last year and have listened to it may times since then but the question I continually ask myself, do I comprehend what MJ wrote in this book? Reading, understanding and comprehension have many times alluded me when it comes to books or messages with this kind of wisdom embedded in the words. I read the book when I was 50 years old, I cannot say if I had read the book as a younger man that I would understand the message MJ lays out before the reader. The wisdom in the book hit a nerve within me that I never understood existed. As I continually revisit the book I pickup new parts of interest or messages that strike a new cord in my thought process. After reading the book the first time I blasted this book to all of my kids and other family members hoping that it would impact their life in a positive way and they would understand something I could not at their age. It has changed my thought process in about every aspect of my life, thanks MJ!

Aleph

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 1, 2018
I read TMFL last year and have listened to it may times since then

Hey Woodie, good to have you on board.

You're dead right here. It's a book that deserves serveral re reading. Possibly bc one changes while applying it as well. So it makes sense that you pick up other pointers while you're changing yourself. Like the "placing a rock in the river" allegory.

I hope you have more success in getting family on the right path. There hasn't been much animo in mine and now I just shut up about it. Hoping they'll turn around when they see me change, grow and earn.

metrx1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Nov 5, 2018
I haven't read millionaire fastlane , i'm to busy listening to the book. :) All I can say is its giving me a headache as theres so much information to take in I need to write it all down and listen to the book again. So its time to get this thing going, get in the game and start my road to millionaire success. Can't wait to read unscripted .

Arno D

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 29, 2018
Edinburgh
Finished Milionaire Fastlane yesterday. Read it on kindle and marked a lot. Next step is to write a summery so I can keep the most important info at hand. Great read, very inspiring. I am a sound engineer and because I'm mainly working at night I started an e commerce business. Selling product mainly on Amazon, but trying to get my own webstore to get traffic. 45 minutes a day packing parcels and taking them to the post office. Got time to read amazing books like this one and really think about what I want.

quiggan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 6, 2018

Thanks, MJ
i have read the book many times and it has changed the way i see things, especially in this global market.THANKS MJ DeMarco FOR SUCH AN INSPIRING PIECE WHICH IS PRACTICAL.

Iggy Irianto

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Nov 6, 2018
Finished Fastlane about 3 hours ago. Definitely my top 3 books I have ever read.

I have read over 50 books this year and realized reading books and hoarding knowledge won't do much unless something is being done. Less inaction, more doing.

Thanks for sharing your story and proving that it IS possible. I am now excited waking up early every day. Looking forward to learn more from this forum!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.