The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fresco

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Feb 13, 2017
raleigh
Found the forum first then read the book, it provided new prospectives on things for me and also corroborated with some of my ideas. It did make me realize I've been going about things the wrong way although my ideas have been profitable most have lacked true value

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mgrowan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 12, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
As I was reading the first chapters, I kept laughing about the descriptions of Sidewalkers, and thought about how many of them I knew....Then I started reading about Slowlaners and in the first two pages you described my characteristics to perfection. My jaw dropped (I also dropped the book), looked over at my wife and exclaimed "OMG - this guy just destroyed my entire philosophy and what I was taught -- this is awesome".
I understand completely. I was definitely bought up slowlane, but it was nicely recognised that it does contain the fiscal responsibility practices required for successful sustainable fastlane.

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
Just finished the book yesterday, it was an excellent eye opener for me and I'm really excited to leave my current job in the Investment Banking world. The culture is really toxic and everyone is miserable but pretends to be happy. After seeing the light of what's possible, waking up and going to work is becoming harder and harder, which is a good thing to force change for me.

RulesForRebels

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Jan 2, 2017
Chicago, IL
Now that there are over 100,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ
Hey MJ, reading the book right now actually. I just finished part 7. I'm doing a book club on Youtube so were covering a "part" each Monday until we've read the book. Really enjoying it thus far. Thanks!!!

Tedd

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
304%
Jan 13, 2017
Thank you @MJ DeMarco!

I read the Kindle version of the book in January. So good it was that I decided to buy a hard copy and I'm reading it again. The book directed me to the forum and I'll write an introduction, which is long due.

logansmith

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 23, 2017
Philadelphia
I can't say that I read it, but I listened to the audiobook. Hope that counts!

The fact that MJ narrated the book himself really added another level to the experience. I recommend it to everyone that I talk to who wants to start their own business. I thought the book was full of great insights and useful information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
I'm only up to CH. 5 - but my gosh, it is so damn easy to read! I'll be posting here hopefully by the end of next week with that beautiful badge. After that I will be starting my own little adventure into the world of business, using what I've learned through the book.

Millenial_Kid5K1

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Feb 14, 2017
Atlanta
This book completely changed the way I look at money. I feel as though the veil has been lifted from my eyes; surely money is plentiful and easy to get, since 320,000,000 people in america alone spend their average $35,000 somewhere. Even the portion that goes to the government gets spent eventually. That's 11 trillion dollars getting spent somewhere every year! I'm gonna carve a piece of it for myself by building something those 320,000,000 people, and billions elsewhere, need!

Gamechanger

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Feb 10, 2017
Texas
This book completely changed the way I look at money. I feel as though the veil has been lifted from my eyes; surely money is plentiful and easy to get, since 320,000,000 people in america alone spend their average $35,000 somewhere. Even the portion that goes to the government gets spent eventually. That's 11 trillion dollars getting spent somewhere every year! I'm gonna carve a piece of it for myself by building something those 320,000,000 people, and billions elsewhere, need!
You said it! There is no shortage of money, and I feel as though my eyes have been opened to a whole world of possibilities!

DonGerardo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 26, 2016
Hey I listened to the book three times, and everytime I get new insights and want to think in that way...
bit by bit I read what I want to ponder and make notes so to keep improving on the way |I ought to think...

thanks Mj.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How did I never notice this thread? I read this book a while ago!

i still recommend it to anyone to cares to start a business

You mean you joined the forum and had no idea that TMF is parental to the forum?

greatlangley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Dec 11, 2016
Baltimore, MD
Read the millionaire fast lane. Liked the part where you talk about how long it would take for someone like a bar tender to make a million bucks.:)

ToySoldier

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 19, 2017
Toronto
This is the first (and one of the only) business books I've ever read. Can't believe I just discovered the forum after having read the book years ago!

Curtis Randolph

Determined Problem Solver
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Sep 25, 2016
Reno, NV
Read the book is kind of an understatement. Of course I have gone through the book repeatedly and will continue to do so. Audible is my current favorite way of "reading" books. I only get the unabridged versions. Yours being narrated by you is priceless. I am also going to get quantities of your book to give out.

I could go on and on about your book MJ but for me - it is on my all time favorites list, right at the top.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.