The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Please make a Spanish version.

That would require a Spanish publisher. I've had offers for translation, but from entrepreneurs, not publishers. To be honest, I'm not interested in having a entrepreneurial newbie do it -- I've learned my lesson there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Apr 13, 2015
That would require a Spanish publisher. I've had offers for translation, but from entrepreneurs, not publishers. To be honest, I'm not interested in having a entrepreneurial newbie do it -- I've learned my lesson there.
I see. Well I guess when I gift your book I'll give a "Learn English" book too :)

shakyhands

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Feb 8, 2017
Maryland
Just finished on Valentines Day. I actually had the audiobook but I bought the ebook today so I can reference specific sections moving forward.

SvvyDO

Shooting til it hits
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 5, 2015
San Jose, CA
Read this book a long time ago! I finished it in a day. I'm probably going to re-read it again to have it refresh my mind. Thanks MJ!

joejohnson1984

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Feb 16, 2017
Australia
The most practical self help financial book I have ever read. All other financial books I've read have been wishy-washy and non specific. By far the best

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

DCDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Dec 3, 2016
Washington DC
I just finished TMF on Audible, this book, to me reinforced everything that I have felt since I was a high schooler many years ago. How in the hell am I going to get rich clipping coupons, paying 10% to my 401k (or whatever you're supposed to do) and working 9-5 Monday thru Friday, It never made any sense to me.

This book also exposed me and made me look at myself in the mirror - I've been lazy and content, making good money in real estate has made me lazy and content and it makes me sick to come to this realization.

I needed this book and I almost didn't buy it.

Thank you MJ for making me take a look in the mirror, thank you for making me realize that I've been a lazy a$$ POS and thank you for making me think outside the box so that I can give up the good money for the great money and create so I can affect the millions so I can make millions.

Last edited:

RSN

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 5, 2014
I'm re-reading THE BOOK. In the past few years I went from an unaware sidewaker to getting my shit together to now being in the process of launching a new business. It has been a slow progress at times but ever since I first read those lines I never saw work, business, life and freedom with the same eyes again.

Thank you MJ :clap:::clap:::clap::

Brissy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 2, 2016
Read the whole book in one sitting. Gave it to like minded friends and re-read it when I feel I am losing sight. It's my bible.

Szymon_

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 18, 2017
Poland
Thanks @MJ DeMarco for this book it really opened my eyes.
But i feel that i need to learn a lot more to run my own business could u recommend me other books that will help me with understanding business/marketing/strategy.
Thx once again greetings from Poland.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
But i feel that i need to learn a lot more to run my own business could u recommend me other books that will help me with understanding business/marketing/strategy.

Please visit the forum's book category and see what others recommend.

Book Discussions

Gamer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 12, 2017
Europe
I finished reading the book last night!
I believe it will be live changing for me!
For the past two years I was running a business that can turn into my fastline. It actually bringing me nice passive income every month.

Thanks @MJ DeMarco

motosnipe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 20, 2016
Pennsylvania
Definitely would like to read this book. Only had a few minutes to be on here, where exactly can i get a copy? As soon as I have enough money i would like to order it.

Thanks in advance.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Half way through the book for a second time - I realize I've let the gravitational pull of my job start sucking me back in.... might be time for another round of massive action....

mgrowan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 12, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Finished listening to the book. What a rant! And I mean that in a good way. I've had those discussions with so many people I've given up trying to convince people and put the energy into executing on my own goals. It was very therapeutic to listen to and motivating. Thanks @MJ DeMarco. When people are genuinely interested in changing their position, I can just give them the book as you cover it all so well.

CementFeet

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
As I was reading the first chapters, I kept laughing about the descriptions of Sidewalkers, and thought about how many of them I knew....Then I started reading about Slowlaners and in the first two pages you described my characteristics to perfection. My jaw dropped (I also dropped the book), looked over at my wife and exclaimed "OMG - this guy just destroyed my entire philosophy and what I was taught -- this is awesome".

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007