The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

proper

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Feb 5, 2017
London, UK
I actually found the book from this forum! I was looking at some stories about an Amazon business going well. It is backlinked to a thread of this forum. The thread's discussion is very in-depth and interesting, which lead me to think what this forum is about.

I discovered the forum is based on MJ's book TMF . I vaguely remembered I saw this book on Amazon a while back, laughed at the title and thought "ya right, another get rich fast book". I purchased the kindle version without any hesitation this time and started reading right away. OMG, I wish I read it much earlier! I finished the book and also purchased the audio version so I can listen to it again in the gym.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
There has to have been someone before MJ who wrote something similar? Anyone know?

I thought Rich Dad Poor Dad grazed something similar, but not to the depth where I went.

There's also an old book called "Your Money or Your Life" (Gonzalez author??) that also has similar ideas insofar as a money system concept.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyway, for anyone who reads this, I have one question. Early in the book, it is mentioned that entrepreneurs must aim to hit home runs, not singles. All you need is one home run to be successful. This implies multiple attempts, and plenty of strike outs. This seems contrarian to later in the book, the chapter that stresses you should be monogamous with one business, not trying to chase money, hoping to find anything that sticks. Hopefully someone can help reinterpret/decipher this for me. I understand the spirit of both parts, just would appreciate another angle or explanation. Thanks all. And thanks MJ.

I answered here:

Fastlane - Be in the business of "home runs"...

Glad you enjoyed the book.

Sadik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
Jan 26, 2017
Kolkata, India
I read the book over a year and a half ago. It was not my copy. I recently ordered it from Amazon, to have one on the shelf or for re-reading. It arrived yesterday and I started re-reading it. On chapter 4 right now.

IMG_20170207_185950.jpg

And this is in Kolkata, India! Thank you Amazon :)

recycledmars

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Feb 7, 2017
Philippines
I've read the book a year ago and it totally changed me as a person. It gives me the urge to do something
remarkable in the aspect of financial freedom. It gives me a deep realization that being in the slowlane
is putting my time and effort all to waste.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
I just read it for the second time. I love how the first 1/3 of the book is everything I've always observed about other people, but MJ just organized those thoughts so beautifully, and he really pinpoints exactly what is wrong with the sidewalk/slowlane way of thinking. His analysis of Time being the most scarce resource we have, is spot on. Driving an extra 30 minutes to save $10. I've witnessed this so many times and it never made any sense to me.

notyet

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 26, 2016
Well, I have just completed it. Read the book. Though I have to make it into habits. That's will be though.
Anyone built habits out of the book?

dude_abides

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Feb 7, 2017
California
Now that there are over 100,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ

Hi MJ,

I read the book in January... LOVE IT!
Then I read a few books on business models, like inventing products and real estate. Now I'm on my second re-read of Fastlane Millionaire.

Also just downloaded 'How to build a billion dollar app' by George Berkowski, which I'll start reading soon. I've got an idea for an app - a need that I haven't seen anyone address very well yet. It's kind of niche but could be worth something if done right.

Also, I've taken the school of hard knocks course on real estate investing, and thinking about trying that again but smarter this time around.
Any resources (models, books, authors, mentors, websites, etc.) you recommend for investing in real estate as a path to millions? Same question for Apps?

Thanks a ton!

Quincosa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jan 26, 2017
Miami, Florida
Now that there are over 100,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Thanks, MJ
Two years ago @Joaki introduced me to this book and it has left its mark in my life! Loved EVERY second of it!

Locomote

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Feb 10, 2017
Canada

Thanks, MJ

One of the best I've read!

Mos-Twanted

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 3, 2017
Miami, Fl
I just finished reading the book today! Amazed at how much my mindset has changed from beginning to end. Training my brain to be conscious of when I am committing treasonous acts and figuring out how I can produce to millions. Thank you MJ!

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Reading TMF for the 2nd time while ironically in the shop watching my POS Mercury get fixed.

I'm having difficulty reading because of the loud daytime TV blaring a morning squawk show featuring a "child motivational speaker".

daru

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 11, 2017
Earth
Read it! Thank you.

henley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 12, 2017
Kansas
Read the book. Fantastic stuff. Great job on breaking down the mindset of sidewalk, slowlane, fastlane individuals. Also loved the decision-making info, especially your CENTS framework. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew J.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 21, 2017
GREECE

Thanks, MJ
The book was awesome! Best book i have read so far in terms of financial independence. Thank you MJ!

feedthementalmac

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 14, 2017
Burleson, to
Just Finished! Great book. It made me think for myself instead of relying on other people's mindless slander in books and make money subscriptions to prey of the desperate. I have been the desperate and the fool. Ready to put the advice to work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
I read it two months ago today and forgot to mention it in this thread. This book changed my mindset and as a consequence my life. I am working with a passion that I have never had before and I feel empowered. Thank you MJ! I hope that as I grow I can continue to contribute, and maybe one day I will help as many as you have.

J.Roddy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Aug 7, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Finished reading TMFL yesterday! I have to say that this book has definitely changed my outlook on entrepreneurship and life in general. As I thought about it, it's interesting how many aspiring entrepreneurs seek mentors to help them learn more and more, and know which steps to take at the right times. In reading the book, it's like MJ is the mentor to the audience because he is giving us the foundation for what we need in order to put the wheels in motion! I know that I will be putting what I have learned in this amazing book to practice, and I cannot wait to read the next book! Thank you, MJ!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.