The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

terrabyte

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Nov 16, 2013
IA
I've read the book.

It's come at a good point in my life, as my own slow lane experience and previous motivational/podcast/book reading certainly verifies everything in the book. To me, this book proves that the slow lane is a losing proposition, and explains why people are so unhappy. I feel like I've been given permission to be sane: following the fast lane.

karolizas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Nov 5, 2013
London, England
Finished it yesterday, I was always feeling discontent towards the slowlane lifestyle and all the limits that come with it, thankfully MJ showed me a new road. The book opened up a whole new continent to be conquered.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ExecutionisKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 3, 2014
MI
I read the book.

I've been raised in the slowlane, and I have been "raised" in and "dedicated" to that lifestyle. Recently though, researching many influential (wealthy) people and their life stories, I noticed (or thought I did, at the time), that many millionaires and billionaires were not wealthy solely due to their "wise investing."

My parents have been HUGE proponents/followers of Ramsey, and his programs are what the majority of my financial education, growing up as a kid, was founded on. While I agree with many of the basics of his financial advice, his life plan for investing, where I finally become a millionaire at at 65, is not what I want for myself.

I also realized that Ramsey was following CENTS as well as the Law of Effection, and that this was what made him wealthy, not merely investing small portions of his income in mutual funds.

In the book, MJ confirmed my prior (but weak) suspicion of the "guru's" inconsistencies in their wealth acquisition as The "Paradox of Practice."
This book has in a few ways been a "matrix" for me, in the sense that I woke up and realized that I've been on the slowlane: a path whose destination is reached only by a life-long detour. It has shown me that I definitely have some career choices/changes to reconsider, and I will be looking to get some advice on that from members on here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gergely Papp

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 4, 2014
Dear MJ,

I red your book and I would like to start an enterprise. Can you give me some advice how can I do the necessary financial analysis? My main question is how can I estimate the potential income?

Thank you.

Gergely Papp

Jurij

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 5, 2014
Just finished. I really liked the part about 5-2. This book really changed my point of view on whole life. Thanks MJ.

Bill Lee

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jan 1, 2014
I finished the book today, it really is one of the more eye opening pieces of literature I've read. Thanks for the great read and I look forward to implementing what I learned.

pandu

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 5, 2014
I've read the book, it sure is an eye opener for me, im on my 30 and lifetime slowlane
thanks to MJ for the book

chris.f

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 3, 2013
On my second read of the book and have the audiobook for the commute. Truly eye opening book. If this book doesn't shift your beliefs about becoming rich, nothing will.

@ErnestShack

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 31, 2013
I read the book last year and I loved it. Wonderful, awesome !!!

Makes about a year I decided to embark on a journey towards financial freedom and wanted to share it with others, and that is how Financial Expedition was born.

Before finishing the book, I wrote a post about it, which you can read here.

Now I have a project similar to yours (multisided platform) and your book has been very helpful for me.

I heard that the book will soon be in Spanish, is there a publication date?. I have people around me who are very interested in the Spanish version.

Willzinho

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 24, 2013
Thanks for writing such an awesome book MJ.

Read it about a year ago, but re-read it last week and decided to drop by the forums and dang!!! there's some good info here (on INSIDERS especially).

Great to be surrounding by people who have walked the walk on this forum as well.

eldub

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
467%
Sep 3, 2013
New York
This book is definitely the "red pill" of entrepreneurship. I'm glad I wasn't "fooled" by the title. It's about waaaay more than being a millionaire. But, then again, those of us with the FastLane mindstate figured that out before we even bought the book. LOVED the analogies and what I really liked the most was that MJ kept it real. If you don't want to find out about yourself, steer clear of this book. In this book, MJ is ALL UP IN YOUR MIX. And, he is telling you the truth about yourself -- the question is, are you ready to hear it?

Wonder Woman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 6, 2014
I got and read the book last year. It was a fun, eye opener. I had some of the concepts and not many of the others addressed in the book. I was thinking I was a fastlaner but was really curbside, walking with some speed. It has been fun jumping off the curb, Like another post said, I now see us selling import products more instead of filling a need via ecommerce. NO more buying myself a job....

dailymartini

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 7, 2014
San Francisco, CA
The best book on entrepreneurship I've read...EVER. I started my first business in a foreign country without knowing the local language and succeeded because I was all in -- one way ticket with no return. I came back to the states to get a job because I thought that's what responsible people do when they want health insurance and contribute to a 401k. After reading The Fastlane Millionaire I realize it's high time I revert back to my revolutionary ways and escape the rat race.

I'd describe the book as a healthy dose of "go do it already" found in The Icarus Deception (Seth Godin) and financial intelligence of Are You Being Seduced Into Debt (John Cummuta) and info you can immediately execute on -- in contrast to other books with hyped insight like Kiyosaki quadrants or Four-Hour nonsense.

Thanks MJ, I needed this.

KingLionel17

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
340%
Nov 25, 2013
Tempe, AZ
Finished reading the book a few weeks ago, and read it again just this week.. i'm not a big reader but was recommended to me by a close coworker/friend of mine and WOW was it an amazing book. This is also my first post since joining this forum about two months ago, and from just observing and reading all the interesting posts I've seen this is an amazing forum with a wide variety of people, views, backgrounds and stories. Which i am now glad to be apart of and hope to contribute my own success story and progress soon.. Thank You MJ for the amazing read.

NNR

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Dec 23, 2013
Felt there were a few incongruities but could be my own ineptitude, other than that F*ckin' amazing.

InHocSignoVinces

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 10, 2013
Houston, TX
I have read and LOVED this book.

This book made me realize that I need to rebuild again what was once my cash cow online business and to take it to the next level. It is truly a Fastlane business but I let it slip away after getting a "real job" and not having time to promote it. This book woke me back up. Thanks MJ!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.