The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

RobynM

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jan 11, 2012
UK
Fantastic read! Much needed book on the subject :)

You've got writing like your talking directly to me down to a T! Love your writing style!

Great job MJ :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mottdog

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 7, 2010
Redondo Beach, CA
I've finally read this great mind changing book. I definitely will be a producer and not a consumer. Now I need to find a proper way to learn all of the financial concepts.
MJ,
Thanks for the good non BS book and keeping things relevant.

Mott :urock2:

piotrkrzyzek

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jun 22, 2011
Glenview, IL
I read the book, finished several months ago but forgot to post. Very fun and interesting read. I've seen books with a crapton of fluff and a lot less educational for a lot more monies. A great ready for many people :)

Loved the part about the decision matrix, still use it!

Mukesh Maran

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 21, 2012
Hello everybody.I need your help.Actually I want to be a young millionaire.I am 14 years old now and I am from Malaysia.How is it?I am very interested in opening a computer computer like Dell/Acer/Apple.So I have decide my computer computer name is 'Spy Wood'.The first computer will be named 'SPY WOOD HERIO'.I have design the computer.The computer is not and ordinary computer but it is different.It is a gaming PC named 'SPY WOOD HERIO'.So please help me.Don;t use rude words with me.

Thank you.

Noel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 6, 2012
I am still reading and joined forum at chapter 3! Loved the whole concept when listening to podcast with Pat Flynn. I definitely would not have purchased beforehand. (Title) so glad I did. Great road changer in life no matter what age! I have 3 sons they are all going to get a copy. I thought I was crazy with my thinking but this book made me realise I am not. Thanks MJ. I am behind you in my car!

Crazyboy

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 25, 2012
Wash, DC
I just recently finished reading your book, and I must admint, it was a real eye-opener for me. Now I'm looking forward to getting my a$$ off the sidewalk and into the "Fastlane"!

Cheers Everyone!

raj

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 19, 2012
Glasgow, UK
Hi MJ,

I had read the book now.
Many thanks for your wisdom, insight and vision you provided in the book, through this forum, and youtube clips.

I am grateful to you for saving me and my family from spending the rest of my life in a mediocre way.

The dreams and enthusiasm which were died earlier (while spending the mediocre life) are now revived and revitalized (after reading your book).

I had now got a purpose to live and enjoy life.
Suddenly all the challenges now look like opportunities.

I failed in business earlier and had lost the hope to ever do a business again and became successful in it.

Your guidance has transformed me and I feel like having a rebirth, new incarnation.

Now there is no fear of failure and competition.

Looking forward to help others, make their life easier in some way and in turn find some happiness, solace and financial independence.

Best Regards,

Raj

hedgehog757

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jan 24, 2012
New York
I just finished the book and thought it was great! Finally a book that doesn't tell me to get rich by saving every penny in my 401K and not drinking a a cup of coffee in the morning if I have to pay for it!

XavierYZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 23, 2012
Somewhere in Ontario
bought the book on iBooks, Love it, and I am going to re read it and take notes and start implementing.

Best book on the subject. Double Dad, had some great ideas in his books but got really turned off when I learned that he wanted me to

"Do as I say not as I do"

look forward to my stay here.

Excalibur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Mar 6, 2010
Nampa, ID
Read the book. Twice.

Great book. No sugar coating nonsense here. A lot of "experts" like to spew regurgitated slop and pass it off as the road to wealth. MJ lays it out like nothing I have seen before. It all makes sense now.

Grab your copy today and get off the sidewalk, quit dawdling in the slow lane and scream into the fast lane!

Wuping

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 6, 2012
Europe
First I read the Kindle-edition but decided I needed a physical version too;) Just received it a couple of days ago, and finished reading it once again. My all time favorite book and I can't recommend it highly enough!

JoelA

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Oct 29, 2011
I've read the book 2 times and actually purchased it back in August 2011 along with some other books on "becoming rich". I gotta admit that I was on the slowlane at first but once I started doing everything slowlane, I sensed that something was wrong and that I couldn't live like that, so I went back to Amazon and luckily I found this book. I actually purchased it with another slowlane book but to this day haven't read past the first chapter once I noticed it was another slow lane guru speaking.

I've decided to go fastlane with a clothing company, I will post more on that in the forum in the coming months.

Thanks again MJ for changing my initial programming.

Books.jpg

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I actually purchased it with another slowlane book but to this day haven't read past the first chapter once I noticed it was another slow lane guru speaking.

Ha Ha, which Slowlane guru are you talking about? BTW, I think D. Ramsey's strategies are solid for both Slowlane and Fastlane. You should always live below your means, and be free of consumer debt. Thanks for the feedback Joel.

JoelA

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Oct 29, 2011
Ha Ha, which Slowlane guru are you talking about?

The Guru, I speak of is Ramit Sethi, he wrote "I Will Teach You To Be Rich". Reading the intro he mentioned about saving $100 a month for 10 years and once im 65 it would be worth 200k, Once I read that I said wait a minute this is the exact stuff I'm trying to get away from, So to make a long story short, I started reading your book immediately.

I agree about D. Ramsey's strategies but once I had implemented them I needed more I needed Fastlane.

thanks MJ,

Joel

karakoram

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Apr 9, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I read the book in March of 2011, and reread many portions of it in late 2011.

I am currently working on a affiliate marketing website, but I have been searching for/brainstorming ideas for a membership site (subscription model, per MJ's book), and recently one was suggested to me. As soon as I am done launching my affiliate site, I am going to start working on my membership site.

Thank you so much MJ for making it clear and easy to understand what is the best path to making a lot of money with an approach that scales!

TJH

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jan 28, 2012
I agree about D. Ramsey's strategies but once I had implemented them I needed more I needed Fastlane.

I am here for this reason too. I did the baby steps and I am better off than the majority, but I need more. Step 7 is what MJ calls the slowlane, and it really is time consuming for me. I want my monetary wealth to give me financial independence, which to me means having full control of my 168 hour weeks. I actually don't want a Lambo, but I'd love to rent one to get to my destination, and I don't mean that literally.

GDevDir

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Nov 9, 2011
UK
So i have recently finished the book, and I'm extremely happy i picked it up as it re-enforces pretty much everything i had initially thought, as well as some things i had overlooked or not thought of yet. In essence a fantastic book which should be common sense to ALL business owners.

PS. MJ
just a small thing i noticed on the forum that might be a nice polishing touch. the "I've read the millionaire fastlane " avatar status notification still has the OLD book cover on ... and thought it may be a nice touch if owners of the book with THAT cover got, and anyone who has read the book past 'x' date gets the status with the new cover ;) alternatively you may just want to swap the image with the new cover to avoid any potential confusion from new users :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
alternatively you may just want to swap the image with the new cover to avoid any potential confusion from new users

Been on my backburner for sometime. Thanks.

Bruce

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Feb 1, 2012
Canada
I've read the book. Just finished it 2 days ago. Thanks for writing this book.

PS: Reading it a second time. :)

SPX

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 31, 2012
Just read the book last week.

Really eye opening

narcninja

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Dec 4, 2011
Van Buren, AR
Read the book and have highlighted it into oblivion. Currently in the final phases of creating an inventory web app and will hopefully have a success story (or the beginnings) to tell very soon.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008
Hey MJ, read the book a long time ago but haven't been around that much.

Thanks man, hope all is well out there in the beautiful mountain air! Had some FroYo with Kenric and Mike M. back in November.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.