The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

jportz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Oct 27, 2008
Australia
Long time lurker.. just finished the book. Well done! I remember your post (in 09 i think?) saying how you were up to chapter 17 and at the time I thought "oh awesome it must be almost done" - Well worth the wait for all 45 chapters!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
2) Apply the Rules: analyze each opportunity through these filters and you can bet on the outcome.

Yes, I tried to be "mathematical" in the book as math cannot be debated. 2+2 always equals 4!

I read the book after a friend of mine discarded it and warned me that it was too hard to implement. I agree that it is hard to implement but I KNOW it is much harder to be poor!!

I made no representations that the Fastlane was easy ... but yes, being POOR is equally as difficult.

I have to say I enjoyed it immensely. This is the only book that I have read completely on computer. I'm grateful I decided to purchase it. I'm about halfway through my second reading if it. A lot of the concepts are familiar to many concepts I've witnessed in life. This book however manages to take a lot of sage advice throw it together comprehensively and then slaps you in the face when you realize what you should have known all along.

My inbox is blowing up with these types of thoughts ... "I always knew this, but just never saw it put to words!"

Is this how you get that fancy banner under your name that you read the book?

Yup.

I read the book. It's better than EVERYTHING i've ever read on wealth creation. And I mean Napoleon Hill, Robert Kiyosaki, et al.

Thank you!

start posting again so it must be pretty good, hope there's a lot less arguing and attacking other members going on and more civil discussion.

Surprisingly, discourse around here has been very civil and respectful.

I read through the entire thing in less than a day. It captivated me. I was a 100% follower of the Ramsey approach. Work hard, pay off all debt, create a cushy savings account, invest and one day you'll be able to retire. This book shined a whole new light on that theory, the light representing the flaws. In a way, it was a hard pill to swallow. But I have so much HOPE now. HOPE that I won't have to be a prisoner of the M-F 8-5 work day. HOPE that maybe one day my dream of traveling the world will actually become reality. Already it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Since reading the book I've been busy working on my 'master plan'. Thank you MJ, for opening my eyes to see what was right in front of me.

This truly means a lot as I wasn't sure how the "ramsey" crowd would critique my message. Ramsey's approach is defensive ... mine is offensive ... albeit, being defensive is critical for any Fastlane campaign (Defense = Financial Discipline!)

I purchased the book on Kindle; thought it was so good I purchased a hard copy for my business collection.

Thank you sir for your support!

=)

I've just finished it and there isn't even a comparison between the two. RDPD isn't even in the same league.

Insert Dancing Banana here.

Holy F*****g SH*t!! THAT'S how excited I am about your book!! Thank you!! You have laid it out all very clearly and goddamn it is funny - I am on FIRE with ideas, and I have a framework to bring them to life now!! OK that's enough gushing then. I am starting 'late' - I am a recently-minted fifty year old, mortgage ("death pledge" in French), teenage daughter, dogs, land, construction 'career.' Your book kicked me in the a$$, shoved my face in the mirror, stripped away years of faulty outlooks, in short I see how I can be MUCH more useful to MANY more people than replacing Mrs. Murphy's kitchen faucet or some shit.

Love that quote about Mrs. Murphy! Makes sense!

to chapter 17 and at the time I thought "oh awesome it must be almost done" - Well worth the wait for all 45 chapters!

Wow, that seemed like an eternity.

All icons added!

veli

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jun 11, 2008
Its actually been a while since I read it. But I chose to read it, and I read it..and I liked it. :)

Learningteacher

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 21, 2011
Finished it. Shared some ideas with my wife, the Dreamcrusher.
So I made her read the book, now we are pursuing her ideas because they were more fastlane than mine!

Lemros

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 22, 2011
Czech
I read it in one day and I love it. Now I reading it for second time. Its first book that show me how to get on fastline and that its not about luck.

Thanks MJ

Gary

Elevatin' the Celebratin'
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Mar 18, 2011
San Diego
It took me three weeks to finish the book

because I kept stopping to think about the information or to share it with my wife. It's a life-changer.

I'm an entrepreneur and so is my woman. I've owned nightclubs and lounges for the last 7 years and Kimberly has owned her own skincare business for about the same amount of time. One and a half years ago we hired a mentor to help us navigate 1) a different pursuit for me and 2) growth of her business. Our on-going relationship with the mentor has seen incredible growth in my wife's business, and has helped steer me to sell all but one of my nightclubs. During this time, Kimberly and I are in constant dialogue on creating a company(ies) of significant cash flow and worth.

MJ, your book has lifted a haze that was clouding my direction. I was obsessing with 'doing something I love'. I agree with everything you've written in the book, and more importantly, I recognize the absolute power of what you've written. 18 months of prepping ourselves to start something significant allowed me to soak in every chapter and to streamline my efforts. We now know exactly what we're going to do and the idea came to fruition over the last three weeks. Execution has already commenced.

For those other business owners out there who may essentially just have a job, I want to recommend another book that should help you free up your time to pursue your Fastlane business. It's called Work the System, by Sam Carpenter. The tools that book has provided me will allow me to automate 99% of the daily decisions at my current business, releasing tens of hours per week to execute my Fastlane project. I read it earlier this year and my staff is 100% behind the methods it recommends. MJ's book has made it clear that to make millions, we need to impact millions and my lounge is not going to do that, (though the cashflow sustains my life's expenses).

MJ, you have a gift. Your book is easily the most important book I've read in ten years. Thank you for sharing it with all of us who take time time to read it.

To all of you other Fastlane Forum members, I'm thrilled to be a part of this club and I look forward to contributing in anyway that I can.

Sincerely, Gary

JeffW

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 14, 2011
Irene, South Africa
A few nights reading till 2am well spent...

Hi MJ

Just finished your excellent book. One of the best I have read in years - and I have read many books about starting and running your own business. And now for the hard graft of converting your suggestions into action.

I have made several of the mistakes you cover:
- starting an offline business doing what I am really good at, and passionate about - but lacking the capabilities to scale and build wealth, and

- creating a web-based product that generated some fast cash for a while - but ended up sucking me dry with support issues, as it was based on a frequently-changing open source blogging platform. Anything but a passive income stream ...

I've been forced back into a corporate environment to recoup financial losses from these unsuccessful ventures - and it sucks. When you've had your own business, going back into a corporate environment is so tough - no freedom of choice.

Your book came at the perfect time - as I have been thinking about several options to get back into my own business over the past few months. Now I have a better set of criteria to help evaluate the smartest way to proceed.

Thanks for taking the time to compile a really useful wealth building guide.

Jeff

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have read the book!! It really has provided me with some great insight. I like the fact that you can really choose to be in the fast lane.

I could easily go and make 75k per year working for some boss and making him money, or I could start right here and now, not whoreing out my time to a 9-5 job. Lets face it, you will be stuck making linear wealth instead of making exponential wealth.

In reality the 9-5 job is what would destroy my dreams. I am the kind of person that would never be disciplined enough to come home after a long day at work and work on my own ventures. Hell no it would never happen and I am not going to let that be my fate. I started my energy aggregate company, it will be ready for business very soon. I will constantly upgrade things like the website and ERP system until I am satisfied. I will then reap the benifits from the competitive advantage of providing the cheapest energy in the state of Texas.

Thank you MJ, you really helped me realize the urgency of this matter. I hope to sell this company in a matter of years and just become an active investor for the rest of my life. Not daytrade but short term.

Mbailey844

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 23, 2011
I finished reading the book. To make sure the ideas are really drilled into my head, I've started reading it again. I can't tell you of any other book that I've done this with. MJ takes all the psychological roadblocks that are EVERYWHERE and places you at the beginning of the road to millions. And there's really important business information there, too. I have a few friends I'm going to recommend this book to, I feel they need these final roadblocks to be knocked over to really succeed.

I had a "moment" today where instead of going home to start my weekend I waited for the light to change at the intersection to make my way to the business school entrepreneurship center, and there pulled up my dream car, a dark grey Maserati Granturismo with that glorious Italian V8 exhaust. The guy driving it looked like he could be no older than 25. I don't know what his situation was or where the money came for for that car, but I want to be driving that car while I'm young. I walked my way into the business school and will be taking every step I can to execute my idea into reality.

I feel really lucky to have all of these "free" resources at my disposal now, so I'm really going to be pushing myself to set up my business before I graduate. I've interned, even for some really cool companies, but that kind of work just isn't for me. I want to wake up knowing I own my future. Thanks so much MJ, for this book (that you signed as well!), and also for using Twitter really cleverly to market your book to me. I'll definitely count this as one of the best investments I've ever made and will think differently from now on about business and my future.

And on another note, thanks for the shout out to New Zealand in the book.

Cheers,
Mike

Cheers,
Mike

Netprofit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 11, 2011
Sweden
I have read the book TWICE now. I must say it was definitely one of the best books on the subject! Great job MJ, I will remember to find you and personally thank you when I have "made it"..
Now I'm gonna hit the fastlane, see you!

Claude Robinson

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 24, 2011
MJ,

I cannot thank you enough for putting together this incredible resource that exposes the real millionaire formula in all of its naked beauty. My girlfriend bought me this book because she knows I like Lambo's and money, and she figured it'd be a good gift for me based on the cover graphic.

Very few times in my life has a single event changed my entire perception of the world. The one's that come to mind are when I found out Santa was fake and when I got laid for the first time. You know, after going through those things you're just never the same person.

And boy oh boy, I cannot tell you just how much your words have changed my perception of the world. This book has been a true awakening for me, a real paradigm shift.

Like most of the others here, I've purchased and gone through numerous "guru" books, tapes, seminars, and courses. And none of them, I mean not a stinking one of them has made it so crystal clear as your book has.

Like you said on your blog, nearly all of those guys peddling that stuff are "book first-Lambo second" people.

I don't know how to put it in words, other than I just "get it" now after reading your book, which I did in one sitting by the way.

It's something about your car anecdotes and analogies, the humor, and the simple mathematics that you use that just clicks for me. All of a sudden, I understand why I'm not rich yet, and how I easily get rich now.

The past few years I've been intersecting the internet marketing fastlane as a part time affiliate marketing dabbler and occasional copywriter.

I've made a few grand here and there over the years, but your book has inspired me to turn off the hazard lights, get off the shoulder lane, put my foot in the floor, and accelerate to the next level.

My parents are diehard slowlaners, and always instilled good saving habits in me, so I have savings that will allow me to go for 4-5 months without having a job if I need to.

After using the WADM (awesome tool btw) , I was able to reach the decision to quit my cushy office job, and focus 100% on building my fastlane internet marketing company.

I'm 25 right now, and without your book I do not know how many years I would have wallowed in mediocrity and languished in the hamster wheel of the slowlane rat race.

Words cannot express my gratitude for the time you invested into giving us this gift. Before, I always considered being rich a wonderful fantasy to escape to in order to take my mind off of the drudgery, but now I can honestly say I believe I can become a cash millionaire within 2-3 years tops!

See you at the top,

-Claude Robinson

AHoskins

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 24, 2011
Bought the book Saturday, March 19th and just finished it today. I read every chapter and enjoyed the explanations of the sidewalk and slowlanes before digging into the fastlane. I do admit that some of the steps in the slowlane I thought were fastlane ways before I read it. Thanks for the book!

fmamone

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 14, 2011
I just finished reading this...

I really liked the book...it put a lot of things in perspective.

I learned a lot about what real wealth means and how not to become wealthy by refuting old ways of thinking.

I've already had several bouts at Internet Marketing and never was super successful.

Seems to me, even with this knowledge, it is still difficult to proceed to an event to speed up the process,

However, with this new information, I am well placed to recognize opportunities which are more likely to succeed...something that was 50% guesswork in my past attempts.

Thanks for the good work.

One thing that I might pass along to newcomers in IM, should it be your path, is that Information Overload is a problem. Try not to buy too many success products as they are mostly the same just repackaged as mentioned in the book.

Try to find the gems that give you something that no one else touched upon, as does this book.

Thanks MJ!

Paul Gallo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Mar 24, 2011
NYC
Finished the book yesterday!
wow... I've read a lot of books, Think and grow rich, Born to succeed, Richest man of Babylon, ...
just to name a few... Fastlane was so different..it was real. I feel like there no no BS to it... all content...

thanks MJ....

Going to read and repeat until it sinks in...
then get off my @$$ and make it happen

guido65

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 26, 2011
I have just finished reading the book and I can honestly say that it is the most important books I have ever read in my entire life!! For me it has been total paradigm shift. I have come to many realisations through reading the book, the most important being; stop chasing money, start creating need!!! To me this has really resonated..There is just so much good stuff in it I genuinely don't know where to start...

I feel genuinely lucky to have read the book and am planning to read it many times over

Qigong15

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Feb 11, 2011
Devon
I read the book on pdf. Now I've bought it from Amazon.com, because it's not available in hard copy in the UK. Well I could buy a copy for $60 off some cunning soul =)

I can't wait to get my hands on this hard copy so I can underline, highlight, take it with me everywhere and wear it out. This is my business bible.

Thanks MJ

Marcus

dr1ft

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 23, 2011
I bought the eBook from Amazon. It was my first ebook purchase and I am very glad I bought it. I had just read the '4 hour workweek' and while I was getting into that book for a while, something just felt wrong. It felt that the book was just pushing websites on me rather than being a guide.

The Millionaire Fastlane on the other hand only pushed ME to do SOMETHING. I loved the digs at the '4 hour workweek' in this book!

Because of this book, I am extremely motivated to look beyond my (decent) paying job in which I prostitute 5 days to get 2. It's opened my eyes to look for opportunities, be they in IT or in franchising or real estate.

I now apply the CENTS criteria to business opportunities and see if they are worth pursuing.

Thanks, MJ!

-Vik

Last edited by a moderator:

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
I finished the fastlane in record time for me. I haven't read a book start to finish like this in years. Hard to put it down, when does the next one come out? haha jk. In all seriousness, great book. Helped me see a lot of flaws in what I thought I was doing right. Thank you.

ClintonSkakun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Mar 26, 2011
D
It's got to be one of the best, if not THE best, book I've ever read on building a business to make money. Most other books will tell you to follow your passion or that it's "not about the money." And most never give you the ins and outs of how to start a business that can eventually become successful.

I've learned a long list of crapolla from other authors:

* Visualize/think yourself to success. The LOA BS that I almost went totally broke believing, and wasted a bunch of time.
* Focus on what you love and money will follow.
* It all starts with your thinking. Ok I agree that thought comes before action, but everything in the tangible world starts with action.
* Plan 20 years into the future, have goals or you'll never go anywhere. This is funny. I'm only 20 years old, soon to be 21. I don't even know if I want to have kids yet. I'm not even in a serious relationship yet. I find that planning the next week vs planning the next decade works to my advantage. I have goals for this year and next few years, but no definite plans, besides making lots of money.
* Learn to manage your time.(STUPID, you only need to know a few things to time management)
* Outsource your life.(Kiss my a$$, Donald Trump doesn't outsource his life)

Valuable things I learned from this book that made me change:

* Have control over your business.
* Find a need(SO important)
* No matter how great the need, no one will know about it without scale
* Put lots of effort into marketing.
* Do something no one else can just "get into."

The Fastlane Commandments are ingenious, and they're spot on.

tradeyoung

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 12, 2011
Music City
I loved the book...such a great resource of knowledge! Reading it for a second time. MJ you lead by example! Inspirational!

Inxact

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 27, 2011
I bought the Kindle version of the book and have just finished it.

I found it an interesting and thought provoking read. I recognise much of myself in the different lanes and of course on the sidewalk, so I think it is difficult to completely categorise a person as being in a particular lane. However, the book clearly speaks the truth about real wealth and how to go about getting it, and for this reason in particular I would like to thank you, MJ for writing it. There is much to think about, and more importantly start putting into practice!

Ben

safenet

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
I just finished reading this and also just ordered a copy for my daughter who is graduating from college in 8 months.

I also want to point out that for me this was my masters degree. My first degree was the 4 hour work week. I listened to the audio version of the 4 hour work week a couple of years ago while traveling through 3 states for my sales job. What I got from the 4 hour work week was different than most people. The message I took from it was "life is too short to spend 60 hours a week so you can retire when you are old and not able to enjoy what you have done".

So at 45 I retired from corporate America. I did this after I was the top sales guy for this world wide company and making very good 6 figures per year. Someone pointed out this book to me and I have enjoyed it greatly. For me, it is the continuation of more in depth studying of what I had already become a believer in..

Thanks MJ..

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
What's up MJ,

Got about 50 pages left to read. I'll finish by tonight then I might go back and read it again! The best part about it is that I feel we have the same thoughts and interests (Except I want a RangeRover, not a Lambo). I grew up just my mom and was forced to leave college so I can help my mother pay bills. That got me stuck in the life of the slowlaner. I always had ideas and felt like i never had time to pursue them. I've always thought about things you mention in the book. 401k's suck, working 2 jobs and busting my a$$ sucks and investing in the stock market is a crap shoot (I actually thought that's how I would become rich). I knew I was following the wrong path. Right now I'm a NYC fireman. Don't get me wrong, it's one of the greatest jobs in the world. Very rewarding. It's a great feeling when you get to make a difference in someone's life. Plus I only work 2 24 hour shifts a week so I have plenty of free time. The only problem is that I always wanted more from my life. I want to travel and see the world, I want a house on the beach and I want my RangeRover! So I thought the right thing to do was start my own business. In 2006 I opened up a Commercial/Residential Painting business. Slowly I have built it up from a small company doing mostly residential house to now making contacts with real estate agents and doing large commercial warehouses. Last summer I painted an 80,000 square foot warehouse. But of course with more business come more hours and alot less time for myself. I'm wearing myself out and recently realized that I cant do this forever nor do I want to! I knew there was a better way and it took me this long grow the balls to do what I always wanted to do. I always knew I was better than that. I'm very creative and I always come up with new ideas. Whenever I looked at a product I always said why doesn't it do this or why don't they have that. In January I decided enough is enough. My Cousin (and also my partner the last few years) and I started doing research on some of our ideas and we found out it wasn't actually that tough to get started. We've been working on our simplest product for the last few months to get us started. It's such a simple product but it's one that i always wish I had as a Painter and is one that painters around the world would go crazy for. We always said make something simple that you can sell a million of. We already have our prototype, opened up an LLC, wrote up a business plan and had our product drawn up by an engineer. Next is the patent lawyer (even though we're probably not going to get a patent, probably just patent pending status) and we already have a manufacturer in place. I designed to packaging which I think will really sell the product. I actually started reading your book a week ago and it reinforced everything that i thought plus it gave me so much more confidence and inspiration. I wish I read your book 10 years ago. I actually posted on your facebook page that it should be a class taught in college. If I read this when I was younger I would probably have been sitting on a beach right now. I will highly recommend it to any youngster I know. So just want to say THANKS and you should be hearing more from me and my new business venture soon. By the way, I have much bigger and better plans such as an idea for a website that's going to be the next big thing! I'm just trying to raise the capital to get it started. SEE YOU IN THE FASTLANE!!!!!!!!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
MJ,

About to start up a 2nd business, so finally made time to read the book. Nice work. Good compilation and imagery. You got a little preachy, and probably needed to in order to get your point across. It's been cool to watch you grow from the old forums to here to the book. Look forward to meeting you at B&P one day. Keep in touch with the people and don't go and turn into an inaccessible guru.

Thanks

MilSpec79

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Mar 24, 2011
Valley Falls, NY
I just finished the book last night and I am ready to start learning more. I have to admit that I am guilty of being an opportunity polygamist. This book exposed that weakness in me and gave it a name; so now I can do something about it. I have been in the military my whole adult life, so I don't know the first thing about marketing, business finances, or running a business at all. This is all stuff that I am going to have to learn. I have already started to set goals to learn what it takes to start and run a business, but I have to tune my senses to detecting needy markets. I've read RDPD, and 4HWW, but this one makes so much more sense than those books do.

Well, I've gotta get to learning more. See you on the fast lane!

ideaman21

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 13, 2011
Chicago
Just finished the book yesterday. It is BY FAR the best book I've ever read on starting a business and getting your head into the mindset required. MJ, your Mother ought to be proud of you. You have boiled it down to the primary ingredients and opened the door to true wealth. Thank God I saw a post on Warrior's Forum praising your book. Thanks for writing it and the best for you in the future.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It is BY FAR the best book I've ever read on starting a business and getting your head into the mindset required. MJ, your Mother ought to be proud of you

She is!

I've read RDPD, and 4HWW, but this one makes so much more sense than those books do.

Glad to hear!

I wish I read your book 10 years ago. I actually posted on your facebook page that it should be a class taught in college.

I saw that, thanks!

I just finished reading this and also just ordered a copy for my daughter who is graduating from college in 8 months. I also want to point out that for me this was my masters degree.

A twenty buck Masters! Woo hoo!

However, the book clearly speaks the truth about real wealth and how to go about getting it, and for this reason in particular I would like to thank you, MJ for writing it.

You're welcome!

I loved the book.

Thx!

It's got to be one of the best, if not THE best, book I've ever read on building a business to make money. Most other books will tell you to follow your passion or that it's "not about the money." And most never give you the ins and outs of how to start a business that can eventually become successful.

Thx!

I haven't read a book start to finish like this in years.

Means a lot!

I have just finished reading the book and I can honestly say that it is the most important books I have ever read in my entire life!!

:banana:

Fastlane was so different..it was real. I feel like there no no BS to it... all content...

Very few times in my life has a single event changed my entire perception of the world. The one's that come to mind are when I found out Santa was fake and when I got laid for the first time. You know, after going through those things you're just never the same person.

And boy oh boy, I cannot tell you just how much your words have changed my perception of the world. This book has been a true awakening for me, a real paradigm shift.

I have read the book TWICE now. I must say it was definitely one of the best books on the subject!

Thanks so much MJ, for this book (that you signed as well!), and also for using Twitter really cleverly to market your book to me.

Thank you MJ, you really helped me realize the urgency of this matter. I hope to sell this company in a matter of years and just become an active investor for the rest of my life.

Just finished your excellent book. One of the best I have read in years

It's a life-changer.

Thanks everyone for the great comments ... it really makes waking up in the morning that much more special!

Icons added!

CB

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 29, 2011
San Diego, CA
I was randomly browsing Amazon when I saw a listing for this book. It had 60-some reviews and every single one was five stars. My curiosity was piqued, but my scam-o-meter was going off as well. I'd seen that kind of Amazon review gaming before (particularly from a four-hour author who shall remain largely obvious by this hint) and knew to tread carefully.

But the authenticity and excitement of the reviews was enough for me to put my skepticism aside, Google a bit a bit about the book, check out the sample chapters... then immediately buy a copy for my Kindle.

I devoured the whole thing in about a day and a half in my free time. I didn't want to put it down.

The truth is, the Fastlane mindset is nothing new to me. For roughly the past three years, I've developed the Fastlane train of thought myself, and am currently acting on it (quite successfully, I might add).

But it took me three years of reading, researching, searching, poring through biographies of successful people, and on and on, in order to develop that mindset and understand how the most successful people think and act.

Really, I've spent the last three years re-programming my brain for success.

And MJ's book is the most concise, intelligent, authentic, genuine one-stop resource center for that "re-programming" I've ever encountered.

I don't want to say "I wish I had MJ's book three years ago" because then I wouldn't have gone on the journey I did, which led me to the place I'm in now, which I'm quite happy with... but I will say it wouldn't have hurt to have his book when I first started, as a roadmap.

Yes, the book is marketed toward making millions, but like How To Get Rich by Felix Dennis (another good one), if you "read between the lines" this is really a book about success - about actually getting done the amazing things you want to get done, leading a life that others admire and that makes you sleep well at night (and wake up even better in the morning). When friends ask me about the way I live and do business and my general philosophy on adding value to the world (and yes, I've had one or two ask before), I'm just going to hand them a copy of this book (after thoroughly vetting that they're really ready for it).

I want more than anything to add huge value to the world (and profit appropriately from the value I add - which will then allow me to add MORE value, and on and on), and The Millionaire Fastlane is the first book I've read that jives with that philosophy 100%. In other words, it's one of the first "here's how to make money" books that doesn't make me feel slimey afterward. Thanks, MJ, for bringing your philosophy to the world.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.