The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

surfer92

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jun 17, 2016
Read the book. Learned a lot about how to start a business and that working 9-5 for a company isn't the only way to earn money!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aardvark

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
May 16, 2017
England
I've read it. Absolutely life changing book. Have already recommended it to many friends and I'm forcing my wife to read it!

Wazzagilliams

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jan 11, 2017
Herefordshire
Now that there are over 100,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ

I have read the book and will be buying unscripted in the coming weeks :)

gatorgus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
May 17, 2017
Golden, Colorado
I listened to the audio version of the book over the past 5 days while traveling to visit my 82 year old mom in Alabama. It's a long trip from Colorado and it's very quiet once I get there, so I needed something to keep me busy. The Millionaire Fastlane more than did the trick. The book was fantastic and validated many things I had thought about the slowlane for years but thought I was somehow mistaken on. I am so thankful I decided to buy this book and now have the challenge of beginning to change my life by acting on the information in it. It's a daunting thought but very exciting dream!

scottmsul

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
302%
Apr 29, 2017
Boulder, CO
Finished your book, thanks MJ for writing this! I've read several entrepreneur resources in the past (Zero to One, Paul Graham's essays, How to Start a Startup Series on Youtube), but I think yours stands out. I was intimidated by all the resources I read in the past, because they make it sound like this crazy impossible venture where you need VC funding, perfect-match cofounders, 100-hour workweeks, and so on. I found your story of founding a limo company very inspiring, since you basically did it on your own working out of a cheap apartment with no funding.

I think there's two classes of startup, there's the moonshot/billion dollar company/next facebook which probably does need VC funding and cofounders, but there's also the million dollar company/niche web service which is still extremely valuable but doesn't need to grow into a unicorn (although it probably still could). And if you're just looking to enter the fastlane for personal reasons, I think the second class of startup is perfect.

JustJoshing

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Sep 7, 2016
Traveling
Read this book a year ago on a 14 hour bus ride in Peru.

The last few months I've been struggling, getting lackluster results with two projects . I cracked open TMF recently,

Thou shalt not invest in a needless business.
Thou shalt not trade time for money.
Thou shalt not operate on a limited scale.
Thou shalt not relinquish control.
Thou shalt not let a business startup be an event over process.

*smacked back to reality*

Last edited:

LauraMorenoCa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
May 18, 2017
New York
Now that there are over 100,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Thanks, MJ

Read the book! I loved it!!!

Rishi

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Apr 24, 2017
London
Read it properly and it's amazing

I've always looked at the 'brilliance' of ideas but now any idea I see I'm filtering everything through the Fastlane lens

I've got it finally!

Thank you

abi0

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 4, 2017
West Africa
The book really changed the way I look at who I can be and what I can accomplish! I particularly found very insightful what a imoutthere pointed out, I am looking to be an owner and founder, not buying myself a job. Thanks a lot for this. :)

RedRapunzel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 21, 2017
California

Thanks, MJ
I've read TMF , with notes scribbled in margins, and am anxiously awaiting delivery of Unscripted . Any new Uns. info forthcoming?

Although I've read other wealth books, they never clicked in my head the way this one has. The CENTS rubric. The analogies of speed and vehicle. I even bugged my RDPD-reading brother to buy his own copy so we can trade insights. I can see how TMF contains the right alchemy to help me leave the slowlane. And I want to switch lanes for good. I WILL become a fastlaner, with the freedom to choose activities according to legacy rather than necessity.

Last edited:

I AM THE SENATE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 16, 2017
I spent the entire week reading TMF every evening. I started out as a young man trying to jump in the fastlane, then I let fear and a few failures force me into the slow lane. I'm trying to get that fire back in my belly! Thanks for the great book!

100speed

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jan 2, 2017
London
read it about 6 months ago, been too busy to post (and I didnt know about this thread!)

Impactvideogamer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Thanks, MJ
I have purchased your audio book on Amazone and I listen to it everyday at work in my downtime (this is how I found out about the fast lane forum). I don't know how many times I have listened to It but it is truly outstanding I am one of those disciples you talk about I back the book 110%. Thank you so much for clearing the water for me it was so muddy from all the bad advice or just plain old conformity of accepting the norm.

Nmm540

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Nov 4, 2015
Read millionaire fastlane like 8 times. Top book on entrepreneurialism Ive ever read hands down. Also Ive read Unscripted . Favorite part in Unscripted is the value attributes and value skew. Ive known about them forever but didnt have a concept so they kinda remained subconscious, now that my paradigm blindness is gone Im far more aware of their presence in business.

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY
I've read it (still read it) and I listen to it still, as I prefer audiobooks. Add to it that MJ not only wrote the book, but he read the audiobook, he didn't shop it out to some dramatic actor to read it.

Heatseeker

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Mar 3, 2014
Hello MJ, I read TMF back in 2014 but I never signed up for my badge. Ive read a lot of motivational books but that one has been my guiding light ever since. Theres not a day that goes by that I'm not focused on the Law of Effection. Im currently reading Unscripted but with working 72 hours a week I crash at night when I start to read. I have spent the last two years working on a website project as a way to break into the fastlane. I will take the time to discuss this on the Inside now that the project is complete. Thanks again for everything!

Suneil Kumar

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 29, 2015
Just finished reading TMF. A total eye-opener. No other business book gave me the cold hard truth like this one.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.