The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

It is time to get accountable

Mezy

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Aug 25, 2020
United Kingdom
Greetings folks,

I feel like this is an excellent place to start and finally put my cards on the table and publically keep myself accountable. I think like many others, I fool myself into thinking that I can 'do it all myself' but in reality, I put a lot of effort into spinning my wheels to ultimately get nowhere. Well, I want that to change and I hope that this is the first step.

I work a 9-5 job from Monday to Friday like many other wage-slaves. I've told myself since I was 16 that I would do something 'better than normal' but ultimately that was all bark and no bite. I had no idea what I actually wanted to do, but I just knew I wanted to be successful – which is great and all but there was no clearly defined goal and definitely no way to get there. I then I fell into the trap of self-help which conceptually is great but self-help is only useful if you practically apply the information learned. I've tested the waters with thrifting and flipping on eBay but it ultimately felt quite unrewarding. In the past, I have been scared to commit financially to trying new things and taking a punt and in the process became more 'dull'. What I mean by this is that I've conformed into a typical way of thinking, sometimes without thinking for myself. This is something I want to challenge myself to break out of, it's scary what merging in with the crowd can do to you.

I am currently at the beginning of my journey learning to code (like many others on this forum it seems). I feel like this does appeal to a certain part of my brain and I can use my current job as a stepping stone for real-world experience for the time being. With this being said I can tend to overwhelm myself with ideas/projects and then just fizzle out before really getting started. Coding does, however, provide me with a way to potentially solve problems and provide value in the future.

I've got lots a lot of things to get out of my system and onto paper but that may be for another time. One thing I know I need to change is to stop action faking and take actual action.

I plan to do my due diligence and read up on as many threads as possible. I hope I can grow into this community, meet likeminded individuals and provide some value or insight when the opportunity arises.

Cheers,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andrew McBurney

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Mar 8, 2019
Awesome action taking! I find setting a specific time to learn helps "bypass" the routine bullshit that often gets in the way of learning a new skill - and then treating it just like a non-negotiable appointment.

Learning to code was one of the things I did in my last year at a 9-5 job. I've been doing my own things for a handful of years now. Don't give up, and keep going.

You've got this. :)

Mezy

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Aug 25, 2020
United Kingdom
Awesome action taking! I find setting a specific time to learn helps "bypass" the routine bullshit that often gets in the way of learning a new skill - and then treating it just like a non-negotiable appointment.

Learning to code was one of the things I did in my last year at a 9-5 job. I've been doing my own things for a handful of years now. Don't give up, and keep going.

You've got this. :)
That seems like solid advice.

Thanks man.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!