The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is there someone out there doing this?

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Tonight, an elderly friend was asking me if I know of anyone who will put his listing on ebay for him. He overwhelmed with trying to get his tires, with rims, listed on their site. I told him that I don't know of anyone off hand. I'd ask around for him. BUT, it's a wonderful business idea, and there have to be a lot of people out there in his same position. I know that his one set of tires with rims doesn't make a business. Who does this kind of stuff and do they take little guys like my friend?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Supercar

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 14, 2012
Michigan, Arizona
I am selling two motorcycles on eBay. Your friend is right, their site is a PITA. Not sure how to categorize the items correcrtly. I was able to list one for 30 days but the other for just 7, not sure why. I will have to call them to get help. They do have phone support. When I am at work, of course.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I am selling two motorcycles on eBay. Your friend is right, their site is a PITA. Not sure how to categorize the items correcrtly. I was able to list one for 30 days but the other for just 7, not sure why. I will have to call them to get help. They do have phone support. When I am at work, of course.
Thanks, I'll tell him to give them a call.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
My business partner and I actually owned a store that did this about 20 years ago. This type of thing has been around for many years. We did it for anyone that walked in. We stopped because there wasn't enough business but I think if we would have done a little better marketing at the time it might have worked.... not enough profit to keep us interested.

I bet there are people in your area that do it for a small fee. Why not put them on Craigslist/5Miles/OfferUp/LetGo?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Supercar

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 14, 2012
Michigan, Arizona
Craigslist is a great choice for this. It is free. Your friend will also be getting local "tire kickers", and nobody will be asking to ship the item to them -- they will be coming to his house to look and pick up.

Lucky Chevy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jan 2, 2018
Northern Virginia
Craigslist is a great choice for this. It is free. Your friend will also be getting local "tire kickers", and nobody will be asking to ship the item to them -- they will be coming to his house to look and pick up.

Facebook also dedicating some space to selling items. Looks like they could become competition for Craig's list.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.