The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is there a Need for My Product

Arcion

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 4, 2019
My idea is to modify the electromagnetic breaks on roller coasters to work on cars and trucks. My question is this: how should I test the need for this product? I know that people will say an idea "is great" when you ask them, but when actual money is involved that's when people tell you what they really think. How can I test if there is a need/market for this product? The benefits of this product would include being more eco-friendly due to less brake dust, and they would last a lot longer due a lack of friction.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mdivljina

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 1, 2019
Croatia
My idea is to modify the electromagnetic breaks on roller coasters to work on cars and trucks. My question is this: how should I test the need for this product? I know that people will say an idea "is great" when you ask them, but when actual money is involved that's when people tell you what they really think. How can I test if there is a need/market for this product? The benefits of this product would include being more eco-friendly due to less brake dust, and they would last a lot longer due a lack of friction.

It sure as hell look like a B2B product. You'd have to put that on paper, draw up some schematics and try to sell it to a big car company. That's at least what I'd do if I were you. Or, you can implement it yourself if you got a car factory in the back yard haha.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
I'm sure someone has tried it, no? Is there very different than regenerative breaking on a Tesla?

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
1. As @ZCP and @GoodluckChuck said - check if its been done and ditched
2. If not, do a extensive patent research (on your own)
3. If it isn't already patented, buy provisional patent (at cost around $100).
4. Do a prototype and test it for cost and usability.
5. If it's worth pursuing - contact Big Three.

Arcion

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 4, 2019
I'm sure someone has tried it, no? Is there very different than regenerative breaking on a Tesla?
If so, it's not common in any other cars. That means I could skew other features and benefits of the design. Once I get the first prototype built, how could I get in contact with one of those companies and show them the benefits of my product?

Arcion

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 4, 2019
Last edited by a moderator:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@Arcion this might go better if you take some of the simple steps yourself and show that you are invested in doing this! right now, it reads like you want a 'step by step'.....

step up your game and you will get better results!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.