The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Is there a Need for My Product

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Arcion

PARKED
May 4, 2019
My idea is to modify the electromagnetic breaks on roller coasters to work on cars and trucks. My question is this: how should I test the need for this product? I know that people will say an idea "is great" when you ask them, but when actual money is involved that's when people tell you what they really think. How can I test if there is a need/market for this product? The benefits of this product would include being more eco-friendly due to less brake dust, and they would last a lot longer due a lack of friction.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

mdivljina

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 1, 2019
Croatia
My idea is to modify the electromagnetic breaks on roller coasters to work on cars and trucks. My question is this: how should I test the need for this product? I know that people will say an idea "is great" when you ask them, but when actual money is involved that's when people tell you what they really think. How can I test if there is a need/market for this product? The benefits of this product would include being more eco-friendly due to less brake dust, and they would last a lot longer due a lack of friction.
It sure as hell look like a B2B product. You'd have to put that on paper, draw up some schematics and try to sell it to a big car company. That's at least what I'd do if I were you. Or, you can implement it yourself if you got a car factory in the back yard haha.

GoodluckChuck

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 2, 2017
my house
I'm sure someone has tried it, no? Is there very different than regenerative breaking on a Tesla?

Reactions: Kid

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 1, 2016
1. As @ZCP and @GoodluckChuck said - check if its been done and ditched
2. If not, do a extensive patent research (on your own)
3. If it isn't already patented, buy provisional patent (at cost around $100).
4. Do a prototype and test it for cost and usability.
5. If it's worth pursuing - contact Big Three.

OP
OP
A

Arcion

PARKED
May 4, 2019
I'm sure someone has tried it, no? Is there very different than regenerative breaking on a Tesla?
If so, it's not common in any other cars. That means I could skew other features and benefits of the design. Once I get the first prototype built, how could I get in contact with one of those companies and show them the benefits of my product?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@Arcion this might go better if you take some of the simple steps yourself and show that you are invested in doing this! right now, it reads like you want a 'step by step'.....

step up your game and you will get better results!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Great. I will check them out and share my feedback. Thanks for sharing and helping us with your...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Was talking to @Vigilante yesterday and he suggested I try a new media to put out some of the...
MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
This year has been quite crazy so far, and a lot of people have reached out to ask me if web...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom