The question refers to wether or not buying an Amazon FBA business off of Empire Flippers is indeed short-cutting the Process Principle. It’s obviously a rhetorical question in and of itself, but I feel that it’s still worth asking, especially if I can get any views from those who may have bought a small business and been able to grow/scale it beyond what it’s founder did.
I’m in the sourcing/sampling stage for a product that I believe will sell well on Amazon and Shopify. That said, the amount of time I have to dedicate to this per week has been limited by a very demanding job, and wanting to maintain a close relationship with my wife and kids.
I’m fortunate in that I do have the $50-100k that might be the buy-in for an existing FBA business purchase, which would leapfrog the initial heavy lifting of getting a product vetted, sourced, listed, and proven, and would put me immediately I nto the latter stages of optimization, scaling and strategy.
Of course the question is begged, “why would any business that provides $3-5k per month in income for minimal upkeep be for sale?” Seeing these sold on Empire Flippers at ~30x multiple.
Any views or opinions, especially those with (negative/positive) experience buying a small business are hugely appreciated.
I’m in the sourcing/sampling stage for a product that I believe will sell well on Amazon and Shopify. That said, the amount of time I have to dedicate to this per week has been limited by a very demanding job, and wanting to maintain a close relationship with my wife and kids.
I’m fortunate in that I do have the $50-100k that might be the buy-in for an existing FBA business purchase, which would leapfrog the initial heavy lifting of getting a product vetted, sourced, listed, and proven, and would put me immediately I nto the latter stages of optimization, scaling and strategy.
Of course the question is begged, “why would any business that provides $3-5k per month in income for minimal upkeep be for sale?” Seeing these sold on Empire Flippers at ~30x multiple.
Any views or opinions, especially those with (negative/positive) experience buying a small business are hugely appreciated.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
