The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ippei kanehara Local Lead Gen Week 2 Update

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
You've been really killin it lately!

Are you creating GMBs for your lead gen sites?
Yes and no. I mainly focus on building and ranking the site first, GMB later. Just kinda how I choose to go about things.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
@Kal-El1998, is your only website traffic coming from paid channels like Google Ads atm?
No, I have organic traffic on some of my sites now. I just do ads at first to get started, if I land a client right away. I am building out some higher ticket sites that are going to take a little longer to rank right now, but I'm not running ads to them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NotElon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 4, 2014
Hey Kal, looking into this course as well. Just wanted to see how it's going for you overall now that it's been a few months since joining?

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 20, 2021
No, I have organic traffic on some of my sites now. I just do ads at first to get started, if I land a client right away. I am building out some higher ticket sites that are going to take a little longer to rank right now, but I'm not running ads to them.
Hey, I'm 18 and really interested in this program and have heard amazing things. I have a question about what the beginning of the course teaches you. I have no experience in this field at all or in how to run a business. Can I come into this program never having made a website before or done any online work? Is everything you're going to need to know in this program? (so they teach you step by step how to go through every process?)

I know they're not going to hold my hand the whole way, that's not what I'm trying to say I just don't want to get into this with no prior knowledge of how to get a business set up or anything and not be able to get through the beginning of the process.

I havn't seen anything on how the beginning of the program is and how it transitions you into this from no starting points.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Been a while. Any updates?

benji84

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 17, 2021
Been a while. Any updates?
I am skeptical about such courses because they always have people coming in and saying how good the course is, give updates for month or 2 and then poof they disappear forever (not saying that OP is one of them). Same for what's happening on reddit. It's just like they paid someone to do an ad for them for 2 months and then contract ends and no more posting.

I have been monitoring this course because I have been on the call with them and the price they charge is high. I know competitors have praised the course because it teaches you to build digital assets instead of using FB marketing. But what I do want to know is if you need to cold call clients because that is one of the things I hate doing. I read that during the first few months up to a year, you will be losing money on the systems you set up, domains etc and that you very likely would need to cold call clients to get business.

Last edited:

benji84

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 17, 2021
It costs about $5000.

I had a call with them and I was extremely disappointed with the sales person. I actually tried to figure out a way to get out of the call ASAP - it was that bad. Not pushy - just very disinterested in selling from the get go. Even a 10 year old running a lemonade stand can sell better.
They wanted to sell it to me for $7800.

pumpkinman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 20, 2021
But what I do want to know is if you need to cold call clients because that is one of the things I hate doing. I read that during the first few months up to a year, you will be losing money on the systems you set up, domains etc and that you very likely would need to cold call clients to get business.
If you want to make money you have to get good at things you don't necessarily like doing.

Last time I read up on local lead generation it was saying it's an overcrowded marketplace. Good to see someone making progress/money, assuming the OP is legit and not just advertising...

benji84

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 17, 2021
If you want to make money you have to get good at things you don't necessarily like doing.

Last time I read up on local lead generation it was saying it's an overcrowded marketplace. Good to see someone making progress/money, assuming the OP is legit and not just advertising...
Fully agree on your first point. That's where practice makes perfect comes in.

When I was on the call with the sales guy for the Ippei course, I was told that not many people do local lead gen and the market wasn't saturated. I know they teach you to find markets with no competition. I am kind of skeptical because I know there are people on reddit lauding the course and saying they will provide updates, making lots of money. But after a month or 2 those people all went silent.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
But after a month or 2 those people all went silent.

If you're worried about selling, my gut is telling me that this course helps you there. Of course, there is way cheaper and better ways to get that education.

@Kal-El1998 is many things, but I don't think he's a liar. I could be wrong, but I trust what he wrote in this thread.

What I always wondered about, is does the this course actually help you get results for the client? In some other thread on the forum he was warned not to buy the course and did it anyways. I wonder if his going silent is a sign that things started to implode.

Of course, it could be that he just got insanely busy and successful and has no time to devote to threads. That also happens all the time on here.

I hope it's the latter, I fear it's the former. We may never know... Hahaha.

I was told that not many people do local lead gen and the market wasn't saturated.

They would say that wouldn't they?

Clay Alexander

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Sep 22, 2020
NI in UK
Gonna talk with a concrete contractor on Friday. Looking at his market, I'm thinking either a 10% commission deal or $3,000 a month.

Hey Kal-El1998, thanks for the updates, super interesting stuff. Just curious, as the saying goes "turnover is vanity, profit is sanity", can you share roughly what % of your income is spent on CPC?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.