The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction

Riaan

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Feb 13, 2018
South Africa
Hi Everyone. Just joined the forum. I bought the Audiobook about 2 years ago and while listening to this and some other inspirational/Entrepreneurial podcasts, i decided last year February to leave my job of 6 years in Operations for a manufacturing company and pursue property. I knew a friend that is in industrial/commercial property which seemed better as our residential market is saturated with brokers. I was excited and learnt a lot in the first few months but around October last year i had only signed one small deal. To top it off i was diagnosed with diabetes and high blood pressure. It was borderline over limit but enough to be put on medication. o, did i mention i have a wife and 3 kids to look after so i have been under a huge amount of pressure to look after my family. I have been pushing on as our economy was not great last year - i guess i chose the wrong year to change career. This year is looking better as a lot of leads are coming in. This however, does not put food on the table. I struggle every day - argue with myself in my head, have i done the right thing, will things get better, what i give up now and freedom is one phone call away, i need to look after my family, how selfish am i to have put them through this, i can do this because a better life awaits, i want to retire in 5 years. After my arguments with myself, i pluck up the courage and i embrace what the day will bring and tell myself today will be a great day. It is difficult though to concentrate on work when i dont know what we are eating tonight. Anyway, great to be here!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...