The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco

Damian85

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 29, 2020
Wroclaw, Poland
I read it yesterday, looks like a nice introduction for reading TFM or Unscripted . ; )

Also, looks like MJ is getting in love with the style of novels - I mean all the dialogs and descriptions. ; )

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ, very excited about your new book coming out! Any update on when it will be released?

I usually announce a release date when the rough draft is sent out for editing. I'm still weeks away from that. Once that is done, it should be out within 90 days. For updates stay tuned at the forum, or sign-up here for advanced notices...

Looks like this book will be about 130,000 words.
(TMF was 120,000 words, Unscripted 170,000).

Adir Barak

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Dec 20, 2020
It was really good. got me hyper-mad and re-motivated to take things seriously while admitting that process is inevitable. Thanks MJ, once again.
It is also some kind of teaser to your sharpened writing skills - waiting for your semi-fiction book to come!
P.S - a book which I will wait to read, I don't want to read Unscripted until I have done some DOING and taken some ACTION. reading your books is enjoyable, inspiring and at times infuriating... Fastlane is enough to make a change, at least to start making one.

Last edited:

Seamster

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
May 21, 2019
The Rust Belt; MI
I started reading the book. I like it. I reminds me of how author of Economics books Gregg Easterbrook wrote the fictional short story The Leading Indicators about a guy in the rat race. Millionaire Fastlane more or less ignored the saving-money ideal that is so important while starting a business. You don't buy a new car until AFTER your business gets successful! Unscripted , however, noted how important that is. And although I was only able to read a few pages of Wealth Exposed, I like how Gary Patel tells the George-Clooney lookalike that the reason he's not rich is because he went into debt for a Corvette and nice house.

One thing: if MJ heard this story in 1995-96, how was Gary Patel able to talk about driving a crappy PT Cruiser? The first PT Cruiser hit the streets in 1999! PT Cruisers were built on the Dodge Neon platform. Surely Gary Patel drove a Dodge Neon? I don't know though, those Indian guys love the old Japanese cars!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I started reading the book. I like it. I reminds me of how author of Economics books Gregg Easterbrook wrote the fictional short story The Leading Indicators about a guy in the rat race. Millionaire Fastlane more or less ignored the saving-money ideal that is so important while starting a business. You don't buy a new car until AFTER your business gets successful! Unscripted , however, noted how important that is. And although I was only able to read a few pages of Wealth Exposed, I like how Gary Patel tells the George-Clooney lookalike that the reason he's not rich is because he went into debt for a Corvette and nice house.

One thing: if MJ heard this story in 1995-96, how was Gary Patel able to talk about driving a crappy PT Cruiser? The first PT Cruiser hit the streets in 1999! PT Cruisers were built on the Dodge Neon platform. Surely Gary Patel drove a Dodge Neon? I don't know though, those Indian guys love the old Japanese cars!

The story is BASED UPON a true story. The details aren't entirely accurate or from a distinct memory. What is true is the main theme of the story.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gregory Carson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2020
United States, California
Finally!

I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After several weeks of modifications, I put my short-story up on Kindle. You might be familiar with it -- it is the heavily modified (and extended) version of the argument I overheard as a limousine driver. (This Kindle version is 4 times longer with 4 times the smackdown!)

Here is the synopsis:

Can a short 18-minute conversation I overheard from a millionaire make you a fortune?
It did for me.
And it can do the same for you.
Go back to 1996 and eavesdrop on the tense 18-minute argument I unwittingly heard. An altercation between two friends. One living a dream. The other faking it. Listen in on the powerful conversation that changed the trajectory of my life and ultimately made me a millionaire— many times over.
Delivered in a raw narrative form, step into my shoes as a depressed limousine driver and five-time failed entrepreneur. Witness the argument as I did, an argument that exposed wealth’s guiding first-principles. An poignant story of sacrifice, immutable regret, and life-changing insight... a transcendent tale relevant in an year, any economy, or any country.
Discover the right questions and you’ll discover the right answers— answers that will set you free.
Based on a true story.

41-1TNJUlDL.jpg

View attachment 31009

Again, it is based on the conversation I overheard while employed as a limousine driver. If you already downloaded the similar story I offered here for FREE, this public version is a bit more elaborate and about 4X the length. After the conclusion of the story (it's about a 20 minute read) there are 25 questions to ponder, questions to help you *THINK* about your life (and business) going forward!

If you have KU, would appreciate some downloads!

If you are not a member of KU and want to join to receive the book for FREE, here is the link to join (affiliatized via forum system)

Audiobook now available:
Amazon.com: Wealth Exposed: This Short Argument I Overheard Made Me a Fortune...Can It Do the Same for You? (Audible Audio Edition): MJ DeMarco, MJ DeMarco, Viperion Corporation: Audible Audiobooks

On the execution front, I'm hoping this story serves as a bit of an introduction to my work to new readers in the KU eco-system. In the future, it also can serve as what marketers refer to as a "lead magnet". In the back matter, it includes both TMF and Unscripted previews. If the reader does not have KU, the price for the short book is $1.29, the price of a 3 minute song downloaded on iTunes.

Enjoy!!

PS: Makes GREAT reading while in QUARANTINE!!!! ;)
Most interesting read, got me thinking about what influences me.

Striver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Mar 23, 2017
USA
@MJ DeMarco Quick suggestion, I would remove the direct link as amazon can and they do connect the reviews to the source. So they can easily see reviews coming in from clicks to the link from this thread.
It's an affiliate link, so it's hard to give those up!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It's an affiliate link, so it's hard to give those up!

The affiliate links are automatically added in the forum software. Changing it makes no difference. The software would convert it right back.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.