The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

have you also pursued different passions or paths throughout the course of your career?

• yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Litza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Apr 24, 2018
Valencia, Spain
First and most important, I´m looking for my own peace of mind. Even though that´s not very easy, especially in a person with so many thoughts at the same time. I´m also (still) trying to find what I´m passionate about (for a long period of time, as it seems my passions change after 4-5 years - anyone in the same situation?)

I graduated in Advertising. Taught English while studying to make some money. Then I graduated in Teaching English because I felt bad being a teacher and not having a degree, even though I didn’t see myself being a teacher for the rest of my life.

One Monday I woke up and decided to spend a month abroad to start learning Spanish. Quit my job and next week I was in Spain. After one month and realizing I still couldn´t speak the language, I decided should study an MBA in Marketing while I learned it.

When I was about to finish it, I was ´sold´ an internship in ‘International Marketing’ - read international trade. After 9 months of internship, since I began to like this ´selling abroad thing´, I decided to study an MBA in International Trade.

So I helped companies open new markets for 4 years, before I decided to create my own company to keep doing that. 1st and 2nd year’s went well. Then the economy was bad. In parallel I started working for a company that needed someone to sell their service in my home country (btw, I’ve never came back home). I did that successfully for 4 years.

That´s when the opportunity to become an HR auditor in the very same company was presented to me. I took it and specialized in that too by doing another MBA. At this point, do you see the pattern that keeps repeating in my life? It´s like it’s always the other way around: First I gain experience and then I study.

And here I am now, with a good job (still an HR auditor), a comfortable life, but looking for new challenges. I’ve decided to create another company. And that’s what I intend to share here. All its phases, maybe that´ll help me not to get lost and also teach me lessons from other people´s posts too.

And that´s my introduction about me, my past, my present. More details about the future soon!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard and thanks for the intro.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Hi Litza! Wow, you've sure done a lot. You mention you're currently in Spain, but not where you're originally from. I look forward to your sharing your new company journey. The only advice I have is, to be aware that people can change not just jobs, but entire careers... so you don't have to find some single passion for a lifetime of business, just something you'd like to work on now and, as far as you know now, for another few years.

Litza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Apr 24, 2018
Valencia, Spain
Hi Litza! Wow, you've sure done a lot. You mention you're currently in Spain, but not where you're originally from. I look forward to your sharing your new company journey. The only advice I have is, to be aware that people can change not just jobs, but entire careers... so you don't have to find some single passion for a lifetime of business, just something you'd like to work on now and, as far as you know now, for another few years.
Hello Late Bloomer, thanks for the message!!!! It felt comforting to read it. And nice to e-meet you!

I’m originally from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Kind regards!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...