The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introducing myself

Alison_C

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
500%
Nov 25, 2022
Hi everyone.

First of all I’d like to say a big thank you to @MJ DeMarco for creating this forum. I recently picked up ‘The Millionaire Fastlane ’ and I absolutely love it, so I came here looking for more of that wisdom, and I found all this! After all the other money and investing books that I’ve been reading for so many years, this was such a breath of fresh air - straight talking and no BS. I think it’s one of the best books I’ve ever read.

And I’d also like to thank @Andy Black for his brilliant posts and for nudging me into writing this introduction …

With that said, here’s my story:

Seven years ago, when I had my youngest son, I decided not to go back to my corporate job and to run my own business instead. My first attempt was a software business, which seemed to make sense since I was a software developer at the time, but it failed miserably. In fact, it never really got off the ground.

But through that experience, along with other difficulties that were going on in my life, I ended up learning a lot, and then I started teaching what I learnt. First I simply started responding with my comments in the Facebook groups where I had previously gone to look for advice. And then, as more and more people started to say how beneficial my comments were, I decided to monetise this and I set myself up as a life coach.

Through this I helped even more people, and I built up a Facebook group with over 500 members. And now I am working on taking this a step further and making this into more of a high ticket group program.

I am currently taking a mentorship program that is teaching me all the ins and outs of structuring a course of my own into a product that will bring value to a large number of people, as well as how to sell and market this product in a way that will take me quickly to the end result that I want, which is to have time for myself and my family, and to be able to afford all the things that I want in life. And I’m finding that what I’m learning on this program is very much aligned with what is taught in this forum, so I think that the two will go hand in hand together very nicely as I progress on this journey.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to getting to know more of you as we share this adventure together!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi everyone.

First of all I’d like to say a big thank you to @MJ DeMarco for creating this forum. I recently picked up ‘The Millionaire Fastlane ’ and I absolutely love it, so I came here looking for more of that wisdom, and I found all this! After all the other money and investing books that I’ve been reading for so many years, this was such a breath of fresh air - straight talking and no BS. I think it’s one of the best books I’ve ever read.

And I’d also like to thank @Andy Black for his brilliant posts and for nudging me into writing this introduction …

With that said, here’s my story:

Seven years ago, when I had my youngest son, I decided not to go back to my corporate job and to run my own business instead. My first attempt was a software business, which seemed to make sense since I was a software developer at the time, but it failed miserably. In fact, it never really got off the ground.

But through that experience, along with other difficulties that were going on in my life, I ended up learning a lot, and then I started teaching what I learnt. First I simply started responding with my comments in the Facebook groups where I had previously gone to look for advice. And then, as more and more people started to say how beneficial my comments were, I decided to monetise this and I set myself up as a life coach.

Through this I helped even more people, and I built up a Facebook group with over 500 members. And now I am working on taking this a step further and making this into more of a high ticket group program.

I am currently taking a mentorship program that is teaching me all the ins and outs of structuring a course of my own into a product that will bring value to a large number of people, as well as how to sell and market this product in a way that will take me quickly to the end result that I want, which is to have time for myself and my family, and to be able to afford all the things that I want in life. And I’m finding that what I’m learning on this program is very much aligned with what is taught in this forum, so I think that the two will go hand in hand together very nicely as I progress on this journey.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to getting to know more of you as we share this adventure together!
Welcome @Alison_C. Good to see someone helping people and building a business out of it.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Alison, appreciate the intro. Glad you found some value in the book. :blush:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...