The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introducing myself/Time is king

wolflarsen71

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Feb 25, 2022
Argentina
Good night everybody, I'm a 26yo architect from Buenos Aires, currently working on my family studio while I'm designing some products to create my business. I rumble a lot in my early 20s but I get my degree in December 2020. Let's say I had the sidewalk mentality while driving on the slow lane. After university and long celebrations, I develop a system for improving myself and trigger habits that really works (reality hit me, needed to change) and I shift to slow lane mentality. I am reading a book a week since august. Long story short, in January I read 4 books, one of them was The intelligent investor (graham), then I read Richest Man in Babylon and then I read "Millionaire Fastlane " that flush into the toilet almost everything I learn on the other two (and many more during last year). Like some of you, I never thought of reading a book with that title but I see a couple of YT videos about it and I give it a shot. Really eye-opening for me and changed my short-term, mid and life objectives. I've been already working on my business since last year but now my purpose is clear and for someone that has been lost his entire life in this regard is something. I'm convinced. Hope I will be sharing my journey, insights, and good news in the future.

TIME IS KING. Brief insight.
Last December I was walking out of a nightclub with two friends. It was a Wednesday 3AM (yeah I work but Im autonomous so I can). I was walking slowly behind the two of them when I feel the arm of a stranger around my neck. I could barely breathe, my legs were hanging. I feel like five of them came from my side to assault my friends. They were able to react and defend themselves. I didn't understand anything that happen. I was trying to breathe but I didn't hit the guy, because I couldn't see if he had a gun or a knife or something. Eventually, I get him off and I ran but only one of my friends follows. The other was being grabbed by 5/6 thieves and being punched. So we step in and fight them. I punch two, I receive three punches back. Nothing serious. The thieves ran away. They take all of my stuff. I went from fear to anger because I realize they were cowards. I get on with my life but the next week I replay the scene in my head when I shower, I wash the dishes, etc. I don't want to be dramatic, thankfully they only took my phone and wallet, weren't dangerous, but in those 10/15 seconds I wasn't able to breathe I had a million thoughts. A part of my brain, was trying to figure out what was going on (how many of them are, where are they, where are my friends, "oh, they are robbing you, right?"), what to do (do I hit him, does he have a gun, etc) suppositions, how to handle the fact that I can't breathe and so on. And they argue with each other. There was one voice on my head that I recall, it lasted only a second, the fear voice. The fear already figure out that was the end of everything. It plays all the news headlines that appear every week about a tragedy that happens somewhere in the country. The fear expected a gunshot, a stab or a hit at any moment. . I remember observing the void and saying "this is it? I didn't do anything with my life" (Seriously some voice in my head thought that). After fear I take action and the rest is history. I meditate on that experience and I get a life-changing moment for free (There was no real danger but I couldn't know). My valuation of time and life radically change after that. I cancel some (useless) commitments I have after this. I stop giving away my time to things that don't serve my purpose, I do fun things, travel or hang out but only after I get tired of working for me and my freedom. A reminder that time is our most valuable asset. Of course, I didn't expect to get assaulted from behind, before the unexpected strikes, what are you doing with your life?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
Time is indeed short. I've never had an experience like this but in my early twenties, I struggled hard with anxiety. It wasn't uncommon to have a panic attack that felt like I was dying and I came to a similar place. I realized life was much too short to waste on bs and that I didn't want to go out having never done anything worthwhile. Those attacks were my fuel to embark on the journey to entrepreneurship and freedom and oddly I'm glad they happened. Glad you made it through that experience alive and hope you achieve awesome things!

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
Welcome to the forum
What an experience you've had, you are alive, looking at life differently and now ready to change your short-term, mid and life objectives.
A reminder that time is our most valuable asset
So true, use it to your advantage now.
Good luck with things.

wolflarsen71

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Feb 25, 2022
Argentina
Time is indeed short. I've never had an experience like this but in my early twenties, I struggled hard with anxiety. It wasn't uncommon to have a panic attack that felt like I was dying and I came to a similar place. I realized life was much too short to waste on bs and that I didn't want to go out having never done anything worthwhile. Those attacks were my fuel to embark on the journey to entrepreneurship and freedom and oddly I'm glad they happened. Glad you made it through that experience alive and hope you achieve awesome things!
Thanks. Whatever makes us stronger becomes a blessing on the long term sometimes. I wish you the same.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...