The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introducing EVA, the forum's AI bot...

Ask the Artificial Intelligence Bot

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm happy to announce that the forum now has its own AI bot (@Eva (AI-Bot)) that is basically a ChatGPT clone.

I think having an AI option here and available is an asset.

Having it run amuck is a liability.

Right now it is configured to run in THIS FORUM only (Ask the AI) and a user has to elect (toggle) allow AI responses. If you want to have a dialogue with the AI, you must QUOTE her responses.

You can see my first test here:

Ultimately I'd like the functionality to be called with a simple tag (@Eva (AI-Bot) ) but that is not yet available.

So with that said, IN YOUR OPINION, what would be the best implementation at the forum for this, one that offers the most value, but without distractions?

1. The current setting: The AI posts in new threads when the user elects for an AI response.
  2. Alternative setting: The AI posts in new threads and an AI response is automatic by default, a user has to toggle it to NO)
  3. Create a separate forum and keep the AI quarantined in its own category "Ask the Fastlane AI"

1679527489451.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
I'm happy to announce that the forum now has its own AI bot (@Eva (AI-Bot)) that is basically a ChatGPT clone.

I think having an AI option here and available is an asset.

Having it run amuck is a liability.

Right now it is configured to run in specific forums on NEW POSTS and a user has to elect (toggle) allow AI responses.

You can see my first test here:

Ultimately I'd like the functionality to be called with a simple tag (@Eva (AI-Bot) ) but that is not yet available.

So with that said, IN YOUR OPINION, what would be the best implementation at the forum for this, one that offers the most value, but without distractions?

1. The current setting: The AI posts in new threads when the user elects for an AI response.
  2. Alternative setting: The AI posts in new threads and an AI response is automatic by default, a user has to toggle it to NO)
  3. Create a separate forum and keep the AI quarantined in its own category "Ask the Fastlane AI"

View attachment 47862
@MJ DeMarco only my two cents and there's a very empowering side to it too but could this bot POTENTIALLY cause lots of non-valuable posts? I'm sure many others may think otherwise -

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Create a separate forum and keep the AI quarantined in its own category "Ask the Fastlane AI"
I believe this is best. Otherwise we might have chaos of AI talking too much and cause the same problem we feared with ChatGPT.

I hope it doesn't kill or hinder proper human communication.

Let's use and see. If it works, we continue, if it doesn’t, we adjust.

Life is process.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I don't think the bot would add value, just clutter. If someone wants to interact with an AI, just use ChatGPT or Bard or whatever other tool. But I came to this forum with intention of talking to other members, not AI.

If AI is a must, then maybe just have it as an option for using it in private DMs and not new threads. The threads get cluttered.

Belesarius

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 19, 2022
I think an AI bot could bring a lot of value if it would link to a similar question already answered by the forum. Maybe lock the thread and make it not visible after the thread creator has checked a checkbox like "this is similar to my question".

Artiom O

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 10, 2021
I don't think that an AI could help us in any way.
AI messages from new users are banned here. Everyone can just go and personally ask ChatGPT about anything.

A clone of ChatGPT here would do the same thing as a new user posting AI generated messages.

Last edited:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
552%
Apr 17, 2022
I would create a fastlane chat app where new users could ask their questions and get quick responses. If they did not get what they wanted, they can then post on the forum.

This will cause a reduction in the basic questions of "how do I start?", "is freelancing good?", which we already have plenty.

AI can also be very useful for automatic moderation e.g. instantly locking threads posted in a non-English language, or even detecting users that post using ChatGPT.

With that being said, I think that one of the most appealing features of a forum is the human connection. That's what makes forums special.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I’d be interested to see an ai trained on forum posts and mjs books but we don’t need a chatgpt clone posting here

Cano

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 3, 2022
Germany
I also think a standart chatgpt bot is not of great value.

how about ai reading through the question in a new post and suggesting existing threads on the topic instead of giving an answer?

Because almost everything has been discussed before.

Of course, this can not replace a personalized message from a forum user but the OP would at least have a starting point.

The OP can choose when posting if he wants to have this ai answer generated or not.

& the forum search is terrible in my opinion. i dont think newbies get along with it and therefore ask repeated questions. sorry mj.

I can't say exactly how difficult it is to implement but I think it would be of great value to forum users.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I fully understand the reticence in incorporating a bot to the forum.

The last thing I want is a Ai/Bot response in every thread.
The last thing I want is a forum of mostly bot responses.

However, it would be nice to call on the bot when needed to explain certain things (without having to leave, pull up ChatGPT, etc.) -- it would be nice for things that humans might not want to answer, or get tired of answering.

For example, someone comments on a post: This is a bad investment, the cap rate on it is 6%.

Then someone can come in and summon @Eva (AI-Bot) , can you explain what a cap rate is?

I view it as an opportunity to:

A) Be more thorough and informative.
B) Uncover some bases that might not have been covered.

But overall, yea, I don't want a bot commenting in every thread. The point of this post was to figure out how limited its use will be here.

simply_ravishing

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Nov 12, 2022
I voted for wait until called via TAG. I say rather than theorizing "will it be good, will it be bad" to give it a test run and see how it plays out.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

It could be a nice addition if it's used correctly - matters of fact and definition can be resolved quickly, so discussions can get back to the important stuff: the things that the AI does not know about, and cannot answer - questions of experience, intuition, skill and ability.

Maybe users should have a certain number of posts and a power score to be able to use it?

redshift

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Sep 4, 2018
However, it would be nice to call on the bot when needed to explain certain things (without having to leave, pull up ChatGPT, etc.) -- it would be nice for things that humans might not want to answer, or get tired of answering.

For example, someone comments on a post: This is a bad investment, the cap rate on it is 6%.

Then someone can come in and summon @Eva (AI-Bot) , can you explain what a cap rate is?

I like this idea. Maybe the Eva posts could be in a different color scheme or special UI, to not clutter the main posts? Eg: Green border instead of a blue one, and an "AI" tag on top. I would suggest using a GPT 4+ model though. The previous ones required a bunch of iteration which could easily clutter the threads with questionable answers.

Another option could just be to add it to the right click context menu (i.e: Quote, Reply, AI). Then we could just highlight "cap rate" and it would answer any questions privately without cluttering the main thread. Would definitely be a great way to learn things on the fly and not have to go to Chat-GPT. I would use it.
1679591125834.png | * AI ]

The user interface could be a popup on the right hand side or something similar. Could be an INSIDERS feature as well. You can see where it evolves from there over time.

Prdgy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Mar 27, 2023

Instead of any of these and potentially clogging up the threads, why not make it pop out like a live support chat on the bottom right? There's typically a bunch of empty space there and something that can be collapsed where the AI can have conversations with individual users would actually be kind of beneficial.

Mr.Nichan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 18, 2023
Stockholm, Sweden
I've been dabbling a bit in AI and chat bots lately and I have been playing with the thought of training a chat bot on the books I've felt was an asset in my entrepreneurial journey. Is this bot trained on MJs books? Or is it only a general ChatGPT clone?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.