What's new

Intro and inviting suggestions

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

lifeinfastlane

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jun 9, 2021
Messages
3
Location
Mumbai, India
Rep Bank
$110
User Power: 33%
Hi,

I am a Chartered Accountant (equivalent to US CPA) from Mumbai, India. I got my degree in 2008 and joined Ernst & Young in the Direct Tax consultancy division. I had a brief 3 years' stint and I can say, I gained good exposure in this field and secured great networking opportunities. But due to abnormally long working hours (about 13-14 hours daily), I quit the job within 3 years. Thereafter, I joined my father's tax practice (he's also a Chartered Accountant). We are currently engaged in the direct tax audit, tax filings, litigation and consultancy. After quitting EY, I got a good work-life balance. However, the tax filings and audit work I do is not satisfying and is not much of a revenue generator either. The revenues have declined over past few years and I am finding it extremely difficult to get new clients. The market is saturated - there are lots of Chartered Accountants providing similar tax services. I am good at what I do but there is immense competition and ultimately boils down to price wars. I find it extremely difficult to sustain at the reduced hourly fees.

I read TMF recently and realised I have been living a life in slow lane. The work I do would always be time dependent and I would have to keep working for my entire life. My very first thought after reading this book was to move out of this direct tax field and try something new. I even thought of few ideas but saw that those ideas were already implemented and those businesses had all the elements of CENTS and were doing good. So now I don't have any innovative ideas for a startup! I am already 37 y/o with a family to support and clueless as to what to do with my life! I need your suggestions - Should I try pitching new clients in the field where I already have expertise and continue to work my a$$ off for the entire life OR start some new business? If I quit this self-employed "job", I do not want to become a "wantrepreneur".
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Zua esi sohjv, vjisi ot e muv ug dunqivovoup cav puv upmz op zuas goimf(DE) cav op vji uvjis goimf.
Xjev O siemobi vjev zua piif vu iyqmusi tuni uvjis simevif vu zuas foniptoupt tu vjev zua xomm neli vji foggisipdi dunqesoph xovj uvjist epf tvepf vemm. Tu vjev qiuqmi xomm duni vu zua.
Pux, og zua jewi upmz upi tlomm vjip ov ot foggodamv vu hiv dunqivi xovj uvjis xju ot emsiefz tvecmi op vjios goimf epf zua dep figiev vjin upmz cz vji howoph iyvse tiswodit vjev vjiz jef piwis hiv ev e tophmi qmedi.
Tu, Gopf uav xjev uvjis tlommt simevif vu zuas goimf us foniptoup howi zua iyvse iyqutasi.
 
Zua esi sohjv, vjisi ot e muv ug dunqivovoup cav puv upmz op zuas goimf(DE) cav op vji uvjis goimf.
Xjev O siemobi vjev zua piif vu iyqmusi tuni uvjis simevif vu zuas foniptoupt tu vjev zua xomm neli vji foggisipdi dunqesoph xovj uvjist epf tvepf vemm. Tu vjev qiuqmi xomm duni vu zua.
Pux, og zua jewi upmz upi tlomm vjip ov ot foggodamv vu hiv dunqivi xovj uvjis xju ot emsiefz tvecmi op vjios goimf epf zua dep figiev vjin upmz cz vji howoph iyvse tiswodit vjev vjiz jef piwis hiv ev e tophmi qmedi.
Tu, Gopf uav xjev uvjis tlommt simevif vu zuas goimf us foniptoup howi zua iyvse iyqutasi.

Vjepl zua gus zuas wemaecmi opqavt. Figopovimz edraosoph epf tqidoemotoph op simevif tlommt nez hiv ni nusi xusl epf gopfoph tumavoupt vu dmoipv't piift op vey qmeppoph xuamf dsievi e podji. Juxiwis, nz upmz dupdisp et @NK FiNesdu op jot cuul jet tahhitvif, vu ci opfiqipfipv ug vji voni duptvseopv. Og O dupvopai fuoph vjot xusl, O xuamf piwis ci opfiqipfipv ug voni! O xuamf jewi vu xusl mogimuph epf piwis sivosi!
 
Zua'si op e tevasevif nesliv xovj muvt ug funeop lpuxmifhi epf iyqisoipdi. Tvesv muuloph ev xjev zua jevi ecuav vji xusl, epf fiwimuq e vuum us qsuditt vjev zua dep vjip timm vu emm vji uvjis DE't. Vjev xez zua esi timmoph tjuwimt op vji humf satj optvief ug fohhoph gus humf zuastimg.
 
Zua'si op e tevasevif nesliv xovj muvt ug funeop lpuxmifhi epf iyqisoipdi. Tvesv muuloph ev xjev zua jevi ecuav vji xusl, epf fiwimuq e vuum us qsuditt vjev zua dep vjip timm vu emm vji uvjis DE't. Vjev xez zua esi timmoph tjuwimt op vji humf satj optvief ug fohhoph gus humf zuastimg.
Zit, zua esi sohjv. Katv vsz vu gopf uav xjev ot vjev zua fup'v xepv vu fu xjomi xusloph us gopf vjev qesv xju vuul juast ug voni. Zua dep neli e vuum neli vjev qsuditt nusi ietz xjodj howit zua zuas fitosif sitamv op nopavit puv op juast. Vjip zua dep qmep vu neli vjev vuum nusi quqames & cohhis cz iwumwoph us opvsufadoph pix gievasit voni vu voni.
Vjev vuum xomm mief zua vu zuas fitvopevoup.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom