The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intentionally Changing Your Mindset

Anything related to matters of the mind

Michael Greene

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 2, 2015
Detroit
hey guys,

Has anyone here ever INTENTIONALLY changed their mindset? Like, realized they weren't thinking about things correctly, and set out to change the way they think. If so, howd you do it?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cashflow Queen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
470%
Mar 6, 2018
Long Beach, CA
hey guys,

Has anyone here ever INTENTIONALLY changed their mindset? Like, realized they weren't thinking about things correctly, and set out to change the way they think. If so, howd you do it?

Thanks
I pick the best rated book on the topic and go through the exercises. Voila, changed mindset! Usually involves seeing your mindset for what it really is, the data to see why that is wrong, or perhaps it’s because of your upbringing, then having a lot of examples to draw from to affirm the new mindset. Then thinking about it all the time til it suddenly is now you. Before you know it you’re shaking your head at all your friends with the old mindset, thinking “how naive of them”... I’ve done this to lock in a positive entrepreneurship mindset, a wealthy money mindset, an action-taking based mindset, being an early person mindset, etc.

DakonSG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 17, 2018
Woodbury, Minnesota
Absolutely! I think one of the greatest, quickest, and easiest ways to change your perspective/mindset is to read every day.

I read over 700 pages each week, which is 2-3 books. All non-fiction.

I've noticed that it doesn't take much to revolutionize my perspective. Sometimes I'll read entire books looking for just one sentence of mind-blowing material; usually I'll find several but I'm always on the lookout for new ideas and perspectives.

What makes you ask your question?

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
You can actually go so far as to rewrite your history. As we all know, there are always at least two sides to any issue or story. You can take the same set of facts, adjust your glasses, and see it all differently. I have been working on a new blog post about this option. Stay tuned -- I'll post it soon.
www.wjkbusinessbuzz.com

Michael Greene

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 2, 2015
Detroit
I pick the best rated book on the topic and go through the exercises. Voila, changed mindset! Usually involves seeing your mindset for what it really is, the data to see why that is wrong, or perhaps it’s because of your upbringing, then having a lot of examples to draw from to affirm the new mindset. Then thinking about it all the time til it suddenly is now you. Before you know it you’re shaking your head at all your friends with the old mindset, thinking “how naive of them”... I’ve done this to lock in a positive entrepreneurship mindset, a wealthy money mindset, an action-taking based mindset, being an early person mindset, etc.

Thank you !! Do you have any recommendations?

Absolutely! I think one of the greatest, quickest, and easiest ways to change your perspective/mindset is to read every day.

I read over 700 pages each week, which is 2-3 books. All non-fiction.

I've noticed that it doesn't take much to revolutionize my perspective. Sometimes I'll read entire books looking for just one sentence of mind-blowing material; usually I'll find several but I'm always on the lookout for new ideas and perspectives.

What makes you ask your question?

Thank you for your response! Yeah i read alot already.

&& Just because I’ve been reflecting and realizing that I haven’t really moved forward at all, despite reading books like Unscripted and Crush It and all types of things like that I’ve been into PD for a while but I always end up falling off track and I’m realizing it has to be because of the mindset I’m approaching things with.

But it seems like a lot of the times when people’s mindset changes it’s because of something major happening in their lives that kind of wakes them up. I’ve experienced that before. But I don’t want to have to wait for something bad to happen to me to change when I know there’s something going wrong. So that’s why I’m wondering if anyone else has successfully consciously changed their outlook on things without something making them do it.

The EL Maven

No longer life's passenger
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Dec 3, 2015
There are two ways that mindsets change (that I'm aware of).

The first is basically an FTE. Basically it's like you said, "something major is happening in their lives that kind of wakes them up."

The other way, generally acknowledged, is more brute force spaced repetition. Basically auto-suggest a few times per day some statements that reflect a more helpful mindset, and after some days/weeks/months, thinking it on your own becomes natural.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
It's very simple. You just examine your point of view and find a new way to look at things. Adjust your glasses and your mindset. Think about it. You can rewrite your history through finding a new point of view. That changes the stories you are telling yourself. It's your stories. You wrote them and you are telling them. You don't have to lie or change the facts -- just change how you see your life and yourself.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.