The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram couple makes six figures traveling the world and being hot!

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Article Link

I'd also like the alternative headline:

"900 000 aspiring fitness models don't make a dime on Instagram after years of efforts while they could have invested time in something with better odds of success and traveled the world while still enjoying fitness without needing monetary validation."

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Article completely brushes over all the work that I'm sure they put into their "overnight success", as expected.

Their account looks amazing, very pro.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
If you want to replicate their success, they recommend buzz words like authenticity; a high standard; trying hard without trying too hard; and thinking about your aesthetic. But you should also considering being very good looking—my two cents, not Cosmo’s.

This whole paragraph makes me want to vomit.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
If you want to replicate their success, they recommend buzz words like authenticity; a high standard; trying hard without trying too hard; and thinking about your aesthetic. But you should also considering being very good looking—my two cents, not Cosmo’s.
...and what these "easy-looking" profiles don't explain? That, as with anything else in the real world - PROCESS-PROCESS-PROCESS-PROCESS, not Event is how they built their foundation of success.

For the individual that share/post magazine-perfect photos, they took possibly 9 - 25 shots just until they would have gotten the right one, in some cases they may have their photos/videos edited (either personally or professionally); they work with web-influencer networks to link them with specific brands/opportunities.

So, many of them may sell Events (the picture-perfect life), but, there are a lot of Processes (preparation/content/substance-building/planning/organising/implementing/A.C.T.I.O.N) involved, well, at least for the exceptionally successful individuals who are genuinely building great businesses using the social media avenue.

...but why admit those process-details when you can convince people you "woke up like this?"

cutthroughstatic

I Buy Cars
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Mar 13, 2015
SoCal --> Richmond, VA
This sounds great. If someone could just give me a step by step guide that guaranteed success, I could do this too.

Maybe I'll have some business cards made up to validate my instagram business. Something with "CEO" on them. That'll make it legit!

Seriously though, turn on the TV. How many shows are there that want to profile the lives of the right and the famous? Cars, houses, vacations... so much "reality" tv is just showcasing famous or wealthy people and how they live. We NEVER see "behind the curtain" and what it takes to get to where they are.

The end result sells WAY better than the process.

Ever see an infomercial on any workout or weight loss product? The only people they show are super fit. Maybe a few "before" pictures, but mostly super fit. They don't show the slightly overweight guy/gal using the equipment/diet for a year. They just show you RESULTS. Like its instant.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
pffft im better looking, how do i get photographers to come to my cubicle?

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
As much as stories like this make me think that Instagram is one of the harbingers of the end of our civilization, I have to agree with @amp0193 & @NewYorkCity

There's tons of people in the world that are attractive, travel and have instagram. They don't all turn it into cash. These two did, and you can't call it nothing.

Also, if people are stupid enough to give you money for this nonsense, it would be wrong not to take it.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
As much as stories like this make me think that Instagram is one of the harbingers of the end of our civilization, I have to agree with @amp0193 & @NewYorkCity

There's tons of people in the world that are attractive, travel and have instagram. They don't all turn it into cash. These two did, and you can't call it nothing.

Also, if people are stupid enough to give you money for this nonsense, it would be wrong not to take it.

Chicks are getting their abortions funded on Gofundme these days. :wideyed:

Not sure if this is what USA's founders had in mind when they championed "free speech" (asking for donations is covered under free speech law, according to the supreme court).

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV

I personally made money on Instagram just for being fit and it allowed me to work on my computer from a beach in Thailand (wow, can't believe I was actually THE cliché lol) . My post wasn't intended to "debunk" this as false or impossible; I'm just saying that it's probably one of the most challenging ways to make online revenue. A lot of sharp knives for a proportionally small cake.

Edit: As Adam Smith would put it best; Just don't do for money what others do for leisure. When a shitton of people are willing to do for free, your offer becomes way to commoditized and profts sink... and for this reason, I'm out!

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.