The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Insiders Call for May 2023 - Submit Your Ideas

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
We’re going to bring back the INSIDERS call in May (after we clear it with the boss.)

Post your topic suggestions here. We will pick the most compelling topic and make it happen.

For those of you that weren’t around when we did the last one, these are INSIDERS only calls that are dial-in, listen and learn with a Q&A at the end.

Maybe I can get @AllenCrawley to moderate again.

Get those topic ideas going, and remember to like the suggestions that you appreciate the most. We will take a look at popular sentiment and if management concurs we will arrange the call for mid May.

LFG

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
632%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
It's already a thread but a good topic on a call would be "business opportunities that you know of that you aren't pursuing" (execution needed).

Everyone has insight into their industry and sees demand, problems, and has great ideas on what opportunities there are that are unseen by everyone else outside of that industry. Something that someone with more time would be smart to pursue. I can think of some off the top of my head.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
We’re going to bring back the INSIDERS call in May (after we clear it with the boss.)

Post your topic suggestions here. We will pick the most compelling topic and make it happen.

For those of you that weren’t around when we did the last one, these are INSIDERS only calls that are dial-in, listen and learn with a Q&A at the end.

Maybe I can get @AllenCrawley to moderate again.

Get those topic ideas going, and remember to like the suggestions that you appreciate the most. We will take a look at popular sentiment and if management concurs we will arrange the call for mid May.

LFG
Awesome!

How about one on creative thinking in entrepreneurship?

As a rookie entrepreneur for the longest time (and other rookies that come on this forum) we all come in here looking for a step-by-step. But then after a while we come to realize that there is no step-by-step to anything and it's all about being creative - and that starts to open up doors we never knew we could open.

Would love to hear your guys thoughts on it!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
My preferred call would be a free-flowing discussion. Lightly moderated with topics announced in advance and four panelists.
@NeoDialectic, @fastlane_dad, @Antifragile and @Kak

60 minute call +20 minutes of bonus time

15 to 20 minutes of rapid fire Q&A anything goes at the end from the audience

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Count me in. Happy to chat on any topic, sounds like fun!

Some ideas for the team:

1. Employees vs No employees! Good, bad and the ugly truths.
2. Investors vs No investors.
3. Ethics vs …

Last edited:

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
How about one on creative thinking in entrepreneurship?
I second this!

I admire the Jay Abraham-like creativity that he used to solve problems.

And go into details about the fundamentals of a specific part within entrepreneurship?

For example, in paid ads, you only need to pull these two major levers. Everything else comes from these two:

- Your conversion rate (how many people buy)
- Your Cost Per Click (how much you pay for a click)

And then the things we can use to manipulate these levers in our favor. For example, create a good offer to increase conversion rate.

And I've personally noticed that by learning the fundamentals, my mind got more creative at finding solutions to problems.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I second this!

I admire the Jay Abraham-like creativity that he used to solve problems.

And go into details about the fundamentals of a specific part within entrepreneurship?

For example, in paid ads, you only need to pull these two major levers. Everything else comes from these two:

- Your conversion rate (how many people buy)
- Your Cost Per Click (how much you pay for a click)

And then the things we can use to manipulate these levers in our favor. For example, create a good offer to increase conversion rate.

And I've personally noticed that by learning the fundamentals, my mind got more creative at finding solutions to problems.
Who would be the speaker(s)

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

door123

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Apr 4, 2020
West Coast
It's already a thread but a good topic on a call would be "business opportunities that you know of that you aren't pursuing" (execution needed).

Everyone has insight into their industry and sees demand, problems, and has great ideas on what opportunities there are that are unseen by everyone else outside of that industry. Something that someone with more time would be smart to pursue. I can think of some off the top of my head.
exactly! especially boring industries!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

NeoDialectic

Successfully Exited the Rat Race
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
687%
Feb 11, 2022
Phoenix, az

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
We are still taking INSIDERS call suggestions for May so post your ideas, your preferred speakers, and your topics

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
We are still taking INSIDERS call suggestions for May so post your ideas, your preferred speakers, and your topics
I'd love to hear from @Johnny boy .

For topics, I'd say dealing with big numbers could be a interesting one.

Kokaka

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Aug 9, 2019
I nominate @Kokaka

Im in. Dont know what it is but probably fun and I dont know what Im doing regardless XD

xShepherdx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 11, 2022
Idaho
Great idea, I’d love to participate in a call like this. Everyone else’s suggestions are good but I’ll go ahead and in throw in my own as well.

I’m trying to build my e-commerce brand up and want to continue in this direction and launch a new brand soon.

The topic that I’m most interested in hearing about is what running a sucessful brand actually looks like from the inside.

So I’d love to hear people like @NeoDialectic, @fastlane_dad, and @biophase talk about:

What are the systems for advertising, managing contractors/employees/product development, etc. like?

I’m getting to the point where I have 2-4 people working on stuff every day on various platforms and keeping everything organized and projects up to date is starting to become a time sink. I’d love to hear how the pros approach this so I know what kind of systems there are to grow into.

What does your day actually look like?

As in, what tasks did you work on? What do you hand off? What do you spend the most time doing? I’m sure this depends on the phase/business cycle, but I’d love to hear about this as much as possible. I don’t personally know anyone who runs a successful e-commerce business, so all I know is from YouTube, books, and this forum. I just want to dial in my expectations of myself and team and know what the job is like a few levels up.

What metrics are the most important to watch, and how did you keep track of them on a daily basis?

Right now I’m tracking my conversion rates and stuff in excel sheets, which sucks because I have to open a bunch of tabs and pull up several different reports every day just to see what’s what. I also hadn’t even heard of MER until last week, so I’m sure there’s more I just don’t know. I only do digital products right now, but my next brand will be a physical product so that will be a whole new ball game as well.

Personally I’m still on level 1/10 with all of this so I’m curious what level 5 looks like, what 10 looks like, etc. Basically the path forward is murky and it would be great to hear about what to expect, what to watch for, and hear more about you guys experience.

Maybe this is too specific and better suited for another thread or PM, but it’s what came to mind so I’m tossing it out there.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
@xShepherdx

These are great questions and specific to your business. Add @MitchC and @MoneyDoc (haven’t seen him in a while, but he sold an e-commerce business once!) to your list.

Consider starting a thread too? I am sure plenty of people who may be just a step behind you wondering about the same.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Count me in. Happy to chat on any topic, sounds like fun!

Some ideas for the team:

1. Employees vs No employees! Good, bad and the ugly truths.
2. Investors vs No investors.
3. Ethics vs …
I personally don’t want to listen to a debate but how to hire, when to hire, what to hire for, how to manage employees etc would be an angle for those topics that I’d love to hear about

@xShepherdx

These are great questions and specific to your business. Add @MitchC and @MoneyDoc (haven’t seen him in a while, but he sold an e-commerce business once!) to your list.

Consider starting a thread too? I am sure plenty of people who may be just a step behind you wondering about the same.
Thanks for the tag

Happy to jump on a call, I can probably be an example what a 4-5/10 looks like for e-commerce

I nominate @BAUCE and @JasonR for that topic too

DMass

Breaking Chains One Day At A Time...
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 11, 2021
I'm in.

I'd love to hear about what people wish they knew when starting out, or things that helped them reach the next level. It would be good to hear about mistakes to make and the little things that made the biggest difference

Costa

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
618%
Dec 8, 2022
Zero to Hero
"Is not WHAT you know, is WHO you know"

A Myth? Real depending on x context/scenario?

------------------------

How to Stand Out with a Personal Brand/Product/Service in a Crowded Market?

In other words, what exactly makes something "REMARKABLE"? (Excluding Innovation)

-----------------------

Note: I've searched this on Google & AI, but I only found the theory. It would be Awesome hear a take from a Practical Perspective coming by the Experience of Real Doers & Fastlaners.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
how to hire, when to hire, what to hire for, how to manage employees etc would be an angle for those topics that I’d love to hear about
Excellent…

Not all businesses benefit from employees in the same way. So the way you put it is perfect for a discussion! Thanks.

Is not WHAT you know, is WHO you know"

A Myth? Real depending on x context/scenario?

This would be fun and interesting!

Edit: … removed what some may consider offensive.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Right now I’m tracking my conversion rates and stuff in excel sheets, which sucks because I have to open a bunch of tabs and pull up several different reports every day just to see what’s what. I also hadn’t even heard of MER until last week, so I’m sure there’s more I just don’t know. I only do digital products right now, but my next brand will be a physical product so that will be a whole new ball game as well.
Are you joining the data in multiple tabs into a single tab?

I've just built a Google Sheet that has CallRail data in one tab, leadform data in another tab, and Google Ads data in a third tab. A few manipulations later and I can see them all per client per day in a single "dashboard" tab. I can also create pivot-table reports and charts in other tabs that read the joined data.

Yes, I'm making Google sheets act like a database. It can do it if your data volumes are low enough.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I am not interested in debating those who hate having employees. So the way you put it is perfect for a discussion! Thanks.

I've always had employees. I don’t know what it’s like to have zero support and do everything on your own.

Phrasing it like this could start a debate.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Ok. In the back office we decided Fox is going to take the lead on this. Look for a timing and topic announcement from @Fox when he gets around to it but INSIDERS… there will be a call in May. Stay tuned.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
@Vigilante you with a Mind Your Business radio show sounded like a better fit for a call moderator.

A little bit of Musk to fix the mood from disappointment to …

View: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1647304978434871300?s=46&t=QVRWd3GUWSHaaHwdvWGZPg

I nominate @BizyDad for … something. He should be a key player, it’ll be great.

Happy Sunday folks.
Like every Oscar also-ran, I'll just say...

It's an honor to be nominated.

I don't know what I have to contribute beyond what I already do on the forum. Open to ideas I suppose.

At the risk of embodying my forum politician label, I withdraw from the race and throw what support I have to Kokaka.

Go read his thread. Given the evolving international nature of the forum, who's a better interview for our relaunch?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018