The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Importing-Shipping from China to Canada

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
I just received another quote for $40. Damn cheap, not sure if scam yet. But they will only ship from their warehouse. So I'd have to find a courier to pickup+ship to their warehouse... a courier shipping a parcel to another courier for shipment lolll

Much caution..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I just received another quote for $40. Damn cheap, not sure if scam yet. But they will only ship from their warehouse. So I'd have to find a courier to pickup+ship to their warehouse... a courier shipping a parcel to another courier for shipment lolll

Much caution..
This gets more peculiar all the time. If the international air courier wants you to arrange delivery to their depot, they are strictly amateurs or con men.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
See your PMs. I have given you a link where you can find genuine freight forwarders in Canada. They are all members of a self-regulatory association.

Walter

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
I think I found a scam freight forwarding company!

Or not..

I asked a freight forwarding company to send me their business certificate, they sent me a blurry photo, barely see the words.

I have done checks through the Chinese Provincial/Muncipal Gov't websites and the company does exist.

However, on the business certificate, the person responsible for the business is not the person in the gov't database.. BUT they do have a 10% stake and they are the CEO.

This leaves me wondering if the company is a scam or not? Because all of it is real, except for the one name..

Anyone have suggestions?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I think I found a scam freight forwarding company!

Or not..

I asked a freight forwarding company to send me their business certificate, they sent me a blurry photo, barely see the words.

I have done checks through the Chinese Provincial/Muncipal Gov't websites and the company does exist.

However, on the business certificate, the person responsible for the business is not the person in the gov't database.. BUT they do have a 10% stake and they are the CEO.

This leaves me wondering if the company is a scam or not? Because all of it is real, except for the one name..

Anyone have suggestions?
I would not take the risk. In any case there is rarely any benefit in using a Chinese freight forwarder, except for some possible saving in freight cost.

It is important with any forwarder to ensure that they quote for all charges, both inland in China, and when landed in the destination country. The freight may be cheap if you use a Chinese forwarder, but inland costs in China can be astronomical if you have not been told about them in advance. They will often make up charges as they go. When the goods arrive in your home country there can also be a multitude of costs, not only Customs clearance charges, but processing fees galore. If you have a written quote in advance at least you know what you are up for, but if you have not been quoted, your are at their mercy.

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
I would not take the risk. In any case there is rarely any benefit in using a Chinese freight forwarder, except for some possible saving in freight cost.

It is important with any forwarder to ensure that they quote for all charges, both inland in China, and when landed in the destination country. The freight may be cheap if you use a Chinese forwarder, but inland costs in China can be astronomical if you have not been told about them in advance. They will often make up charges as they go. When the goods arrive in your home country there can also be a multitude of costs, not only Customs clearance charges, but processing fees galore. If you have a written quote in advance at least you know what you are up for, but if you have not been quoted, your are at their mercy.

Thanks for responding Walter. Hope your day is going well.

I guess my only option is to suck up that $130 shipping bill and take a big loss on the samples, or find a supplier and buy single units to test product quality.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.