The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm Switching Lanes

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I'm moving over from the Slowlane to the Fastlane; I can see the road now and I'm driving it. The feeling is amazing, I've been on Cloud 9 for the last two days.

I've got a product that's selling well, and that people love. My advertising efforts are paying off (I've spent thousands testing), and I've seen my sales more than double in the last couple of days. The awesome news is that I can scale way beyond what I'm doing now. My next goal is to do $1k in sales a day. I got 66% of the way there yesterday.

A couple take-a-ways: there were times I wanted to give up, to say why isn't my product selling. The frustration and struggles were real. I had to push through them. I had a good support network (mastermind group) and that support has helped tremendously. I've spent a lot of money on advertising just to find a winning ad. But the most important part is that I kept pushing, and never gave up. And I have a loonngg way to go.

People are raving about the quality of my products, and my customer service. People are literally shocked when we answer the phone that's listed on my website. They keep saying, wow, no one answers the phone or I get an automated service when I call a website. Not us. We pick up the phone to close the sale or help a customer through an order if they need it. That's already payed off in spades. Guess what, didn't get your order? Having a problem? We'll send you out a new one, and make it right every time.

All of this from one simple product. I'm excited for what the next day brings. My next goal is to hit $1k a day, and will set a new goal after that. Relentless pursuit.

I officially "opened" this business in July, and it has taken until now to see relatively consistent profit. Don't give up.

No matter what happens, I can't go back to the "normal" way of thinking. Waking up to sales, and having a business running 24/7 and working without me is absolutely incredible.

Stay Hungry, Stay Humble. Get better every day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Way to beat the shit out of that pinata. :p

Congrats.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I can tell you are hooked on the drug. Welcome to my addiction.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
3879_-_animated_gif_chuck_norris_dodgeball_thumbs_up.gif

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Excellent transition into the fastlane!

Speed+

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Hey Jason. If there's one (or two) things you learned from your success... What would it be?

I wouldn't call it success, yet, but more of positive progress. I have a long way to go, and a helluva lot to learn. Where I take this will depend on my execution and dedication.

I have learned so many things in the last year, that I could write a book about it. This is the best I have to offer:

1) Get you priorities straight. Learn to sacrifice where you need to, and be RELENTLESS about your goals. Some people will not believe in your or tell you your idea or business sucks. Don't listen to them. Learn to test the market first, and if the tests go well, start building your business. Get a customer as quick as you can. Then get more.

2) Have brass balls. Sometimes you have to go with your gut and make quick decisions. I started out with spending $20/day in advertising, and now I'm doing $250 (which is still small compared to some people). I make less than $250 a day at my job, lol. This was something I had to overcome. Instead of looking at how much can I afford to lose, but how how much are you losing if you don't spend the money on advertising. Also, advertise as smart as you can. I started with $20/day, and 3 weeks later I was doing $250. Now I'm looking to do more.

3) Find like-minded people, and engross yourselves within them. Form a mastermind. Listen to people smarter than you. Listen to people who are where you want to be. Set GOALs. Tell your friends about your goals, and tell them you owe them $50 or $100 if you don't meet them. You may be surprised how effective this is.

Never give up; throw out your back up plan. All you need is one home run. Give yourself a time limit, however. "If you can't make a business work in 6 months, and get customers, and start selling, perhaps its time to move on."

Again, I am not in the Fastlane yet by any means, but I am making more than I was at my job, and I see a path to scale my business exponentially. I have a long, hard road ahead of me. But it'll be fun. :)

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Hell yeah!

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
This is awesome and motivating - are there other threads detailing your business?

I'm also interested in how you formed your mastermind and "found" likeminded people - this is something I want to do. (I live in NYC)

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
This is awesome and motivating - are there other threads detailing your business?

I'm also interested in how you formed your mastermind and "found" likeminded people - this is something I want to do. (I live in NYC)

No, I don't have any threads detailing my business - I just don't have the time for it and I'm learning so many new things I'm not sure how helpful it would be. Come to B&P though - I'm sure I'll talk a little bit about it there.

A small group of us at B&P started our own private mastermind, and we are all actually moving to Scottsdale next week for 6 months. :)

nevergiveup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jul 17, 2013
NC
That's awesome, I see we have some things in common... Go to bed, wake up, and smile at all of the new order notifications! Speed +

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Met with a company to outsource production today, thanks to Z telling me "What the f*ck are you doing making these yourselves." Looks to be promising, so I can just focus on selling, selling, and selling. Going to be selling that Thermal Printer I just bought after all...

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Met with a company to outsource production today, thanks to Z telling me "What the f*ck are you doing making these yourselves." Looks to be promising, so I can just focus on selling, selling, and selling. Going to be selling that Thermal Printer I just bought after all...
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JasonR again.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
[video=youtube;kIfOjkB17BA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIfOjkB17BA[/video]

Mr. Icy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Aug 28, 2013
Congrats bro, how hard was it to get your online merchant account?

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
Still a very inspiring thread - what type of product is it? And is it self-made or imported?

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Sweet, speed+. Nothing like the feeling of a plan working out.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Congrats bro, how hard was it to get your online merchant account?

It took two seconds (Authorize.net). Well, actually signing up didn't take long, but they required all sorts of proof of address, etc. etc. so they held onto my money for a while. Was frustrating. I'd recommend using someone else like Stripe or BrainTree, and use someone with true Tokenization capabilities.

Still a very inspiring thread - what type of product is it? And is it self-made or imported?

I actually have the product made, so no importing. However, my vertical is very deep, and I have some products that I want to start importing soon so I can market them to my existing (and new) customers. I want to KILL it and blow this one set of products up first, though.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
What advertising medium have you gotten the best results with? Are you using google product ads?

Great job buddy!! Congrats!!

Imagine what will happen when you spend up to 1000 bucks a day on advertising!! I want some advertising action now. :thumbsup:

D

DeletedUser2

It took two seconds (Authorize.net). Well, actually signing up didn't take long, but they required all sorts of proof of address, etc. etc. so they held onto my money for a while. Was frustrating. I'd recommend using someone else like Stripe or BrainTree, and use someone with true Tokenization capabilities.

we have now launched a merchant account company. talk to us, we special in online stuff. :)

Z

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.