The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm here because my girlfriends mum said I couldn't do it.

StoveOngle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jun 20, 2020
Scotland
Let me introduce myself first of all.

I’m Stove, I’m from Scotland (UK), I’m 29. I’m a hobbyist filmmaker/ photographer and I currently work in digital marketing for a campervan manufacture company. I own my own successful small local business too, which recently got all but destroyed thanks to the pandemic.

I have been trying online business for about 2/3 years now and for all of that time my girlfriends mum keeps laughing at me in front of their family, making silly remarks like "good luck". Honestly, I didn't care until last month when I finally snapped and when I got home I decided to go all in and prove her wrong. I genuinely do love her like a mum, but she's a massive negative influence on me and my GF's dreams and I cannot wait to prove her wrong.

For the last two years my big goal has been to create an online business, above all else I love the entrepreneurship journey and the network of awesome people I’ve been meeting along the way.

I’ve fell victim to 2 or 3 online courses and although some taught me great things, the majority of what I experienced was fluff.

Over the last two years trying these various business models I’ve experienced some major highs and some awful lows, and I filmed a good chunk of it along the way!

I really didn’t know what I was filming for, but now it’s all coming together in my head and I think you’ll love to see some of my triumphs and f##% ups.

I’ve recently started a new business, one that I truly believe in and I plan to share all the highs and lows here on this forum. And on YouTube where I’m hoping to build my personal brand.

I'm completely.. ALL IN!

Youtube
I’ve ALWAYS thought about this idea, maybe that’s why I’ve always filmed my journey and never actually put it out there. I’ve always wanted to try different business models and really dive deep into different guru’s methods. To see if they really work and because I live and breath business!

I also respect how powerful a personal brand is and honestly, working on an online business is one of the loneliest things I’ve ever done in my whole life and if I can make a few good friends along the way then it was all worth it. This what YouTube is to me, a place to teach through my failures and learn through my followers.

Not fame, not fortune. To learn and grow with a community of likeminded people that might need someone stupid enough to try things for them.

Provide value above all else, as always.

Transparency
It’s easy to pretend, but… To provide any real value you’ve got to be real, I really do want to be as honest as possible. If I fail... I fail, but maybe someone else will win, and that’s what it’s all about.

Where I’m at now
I already have my YT channel up and running, and I would love for you to check out my first video:

I Tried To Get RICH Shopify Dropshipping (Trailer) - Here's What Happened.

View: https://youtu.be/UHZbufKRbyM

My Business
My local business is a photo booth rental company, Bubble Photo Booth. I love photography and I loved this business until weddings got cut. It'll come back, but now I need to focus on this shift because weekends are precious and I've worked all of them for the last 4 years.

Online, I've tried Amazon FBA, with some success. Dabbled in Dropshipping. Tried POD. Now it's time to double down and make it happen. The information is in there, but I need to execute on the grind.

One thing I've never EVER had is a positive community around me to provide value to and take inspiration from. So i'm here seeking that out. My good friend bill, who I recently reconnected with, sent me here and after hours of consuming this forum's content I hope I can be a genuinely helpful member of this community.

So...
Hopefully this is a place where we can share this kind of journey. I would LOVE feedback along the way. If you can give it I can take it, both good and bad.

As horrible as this may sound, I would love to sit at my girlfriends mums table and show her a win. Let's win together.

I genuinely wish you all the best of luck with your own journeys, if there's anything I can do to help please please please get in touch. I don't know much but I'm always willing to try!

And thank you for taking the time to read through this, it's appreciated.

Stove.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
As horrible as this may sound, I would love to sit at my girlfriends mums table and show her a win. Let's win together.

It's not horrible. People like this motivate me like nothing else. I love proving others wrong.

My wife's parents told her they thought starting my business was a bad idea. 2 years later, they are bragging to all of their friends about me.

Nothing changes someone's tune like real success.

Online, I've tried Amazon FBA, with some success. Dabbled in Dropshipping. Tried POD. Now it's time to double down and make it happen. The information is in there, but I need to execute on the grind.

Before you double down... make sure that you're putting your energy into something of real value to the market. Don't be a copy cat. Build a business for the long-term. I'm not saying don't do fba or pod... just ensure that you are meeting a real need.

Love the progress vlogging... keep it up.

Sandy Dives

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jun 8, 2020
Norway

I’m Stove, I’m from Scotland (UK), I’m 29. I’m a hobbyist filmmaker/ photographer and I currently work in digital marketing for a campervan manufacture company. I own my own successful small local business too, which recently got all but destroyed thanks to the pandemic.

I have been trying online business for about 2/3 years now and for all of that time my girlfriends mum keeps laughing at me in front of their family, making silly remarks like "good luck". Honestly, I didn't care until last month when I finally snapped and when I got home I decided to go all in and prove her wrong. I genuinely do love her like a mum, but she's a massive negative influence on me and my GF's dreams and I cannot wait to prove her wrong.

For the last two years my big goal has been to create an online business, above all else I love the entrepreneurship journey and the network of awesome people I’ve been meeting along the way.

I’ve fell victim to 2 or 3 online courses and although some taught me great things, the majority of what I experienced was fluff.

Over the last two years trying these various business models I’ve experienced some major highs and some awful lows, and I filmed a good chunk of it along the way!

I really didn’t know what I was filming for, but now it’s all coming together in my head and I think you’ll love to see some of my triumphs and f##% ups.

I’ve recently started a new business, one that I truly believe in and I plan to share all the highs and lows here on this forum. And on YouTube where I’m hoping to build my personal brand.

I'm completely.. ALL IN!

Youtube
I’ve ALWAYS thought about this idea, maybe that’s why I’ve always filmed my journey and never actually put it out there. I’ve always wanted to try different business models and really dive deep into different guru’s methods. To see if they really work and because I live and breath business!

I also respect how powerful a personal brand is and honestly, working on an online business is one of the loneliest things I’ve ever done in my whole life and if I can make a few good friends along the way then it was all worth it. This what YouTube is to me, a place to teach through my failures and learn through my followers.

Not fame, not fortune. To learn and grow with a community of likeminded people that might need someone stupid enough to try things for them.

Transparency
It’s easy to pretend, but… To provide any real value you’ve got to be real, I really do want to be as honest as possible. If I fail... I fail, but maybe someone else will win, and that’s what it’s all about.

Where I’m at now
I already have my YT channel up and running, and I would love for you to check out my first video:

My Business
My local business is a photo booth rental company, Bubble Photo Booth. I love photography and I loved this business until weddings got cut. It'll come back, but now I need to focus on this shift because weekends are precious and I've worked all of them for the last 4 years.

One thing I've never EVER had is a positive community around me to provide value to and take inspiration from. So i'm here seeking that out. My good friend bill, who I recently reconnected with, sent me here and after hours of consuming this forum's content I hope I can be a genuinely helpful member of this community.

So...
Hopefully this is a place where we can share this kind of journey. I would LOVE feedback along the way. If you can give it I can take it, both good and bad.

I genuinely wish you all the best of luck with your own journeys, if there's anything I can do to help please please please get in touch. I don't know much but I'm always willing to try!

Stove.

Hey man reck that mum. I mean, I love when people say I can't do something, because then I do it. Lol. Can't wait for you to update this thread with "I did it" ;)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

I'm completely.. ALL IN!

Youtube

Transparency

Where I’m at now

My Business

So...

Stove.

Use naysayers as FUEL

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...