The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I just spent $100 to earn $30 and I couldn't be happier

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

EntrepreneurNick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
500%
Mar 27, 2024
Disclaimer - Actually I've earned nothing, but my rough calculations say it could be worth $30...But I'm happy nonetheless!

I've been sitting on my business idea for a few years now. It's fairly vague and but also simple. I ran a 7-figure massage clinic for almost a decade. I shut it down and now I want to share business info with other massage therapists. The plan is to build a following with free valuable content and tools, then understand where the biggest need is, and then provide paid resources.

A few weeks ago, shortly after reading The Millionaire Fastlane , I decided to actually launch. I was puttering around building my website and then opportunity came knockin.

I got an email from my regulatory college telling me that they are moving towards "evidence-based" treatments. Then they listed a bunch of research journals that we could reference. Of course none of these are written in plain english, and massage therapists are notorious for not reading a lot of research in the first place. I'd been playing around with creating a research library for massage therapists, and suddenly it seemed like the time was NOW. If I could provide this free resource it would be great value for massage therapists and hopefully generate a bunch of leads. The email from the college came on a Tuesday midday. There was an email going out to the local massage therapists association - 3,000 members - on Thursday. The deadline to submit an ad was Wednesday. So I got to work.

Using AI, I wrote up 6 articles with references and sent them to a physician I found on upwork to review. Then I built out my website, created a landing page, forms etc and, of course worked my regular job seeing massage clients. But I got it down and submitted an ad to the email newsletter. I went to bed at 1am Tues and Wed. Thurs morning I proudly sent a message to my friend to check out my work and...the website was down. A frantic few hours later it was fixed, and by stroke of luck the email hadn't gone out yet!

By all accounts the email ad was a flop. 6 subscribers, out of 30 who actually visisted the site. (20% conversion isn't that bad I guess). I'm guessing the future value of a subscriber might be $5? Hence the $30...for a $100 ad.

But here's why I am happy. Stoked, in fact:

My website is now live. I have 6 subscribers so now I HAVE to start my newsletter. And I HAVE to get other resources created. Who knows how long I would've procrastinated. I've now been adding value mostly on reddit, and directing people to my site. I've got 26 subscribers (just about 0.1% of what I'm aiming for) AND I've had some echo. I've had lots of "thank you" comments for creating the research site, and I've got almost 200 upvotes for my posts announcing it.

I can see many more late nights ahead. The ball is rolling and I'm pretty happy about where I'm at with this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Congrats on taking action!

Act, assess, adjust.

Repeat until dead!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Disclaimer - Actually I've earned nothing, but my rough calculations say it could be worth $30...But I'm happy nonetheless!

I've been sitting on my business idea for a few years now. It's fairly vague and but also simple. I ran a 7-figure massage clinic for almost a decade. I shut it down and now I want to share business info with other massage therapists. The plan is to build a following with free valuable content and tools, then understand where the biggest need is, and then provide paid resources.

A few weeks ago, shortly after reading The Millionaire Fastlane , I decided to actually launch. I was puttering around building my website and then opportunity came knockin.

I got an email from my regulatory college telling me that they are moving towards "evidence-based" treatments. Then they listed a bunch of research journals that we could reference. Of course none of these are written in plain english, and massage therapists are notorious for not reading a lot of research in the first place. I'd been playing around with creating a research library for massage therapists, and suddenly it seemed like the time was NOW. If I could provide this free resource it would be great value for massage therapists and hopefully generate a bunch of leads. The email from the college came on a Tuesday midday. There was an email going out to the local massage therapists association - 3,000 members - on Thursday. The deadline to submit an ad was Wednesday. So I got to work.

Using AI, I wrote up 6 articles with references and sent them to a physician I found on upwork to review. Then I built out my website, created a landing page, forms etc and, of course worked my regular job seeing massage clients. But I got it down and submitted an ad to the email newsletter. I went to bed at 1am Tues and Wed. Thurs morning I proudly sent a message to my friend to check out my work and...the website was down. A frantic few hours later it was fixed, and by stroke of luck the email hadn't gone out yet!

By all accounts the email ad was a flop. 6 subscribers, out of 30 who actually visisted the site. (20% conversion isn't that bad I guess). I'm guessing the future value of a subscriber might be $5? Hence the $30...for a $100 ad.

But here's why I am happy. Stoked, in fact:

My website is now live. I have 6 subscribers so now I HAVE to start my newsletter. And I HAVE to get other resources created. Who knows how long I would've procrastinated. I've now been adding value mostly on reddit, and directing people to my site. I've got 26 subscribers (just about 0.1% of what I'm aiming for) AND I've had some echo. I've had lots of "thank you" comments for creating the research site, and I've got almost 200 upvotes for my posts announcing it.

I can see many more late nights ahead. The ball is rolling and I'm pretty happy about where I'm at with this.
Good work! Most of the time we can get going really fast, without all the stuff we're led to believe we "need".

Celebrate each of those firsts.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.