The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm done waiting to be rich, LOL.

Brad S

Bronze Contributor
Jan 23, 2014
New Jersey
I always thought this "helping other people" stuff was a bunch of bullshit.

No one came here to do charity work, let's be honest. I know you gotta give value and stuff but the end goal is always what you can get out of it.

No one would do it if there wasn't any payoff.

Thank you, but success to me is a destination. Getting rich is not something I want to spend my whole life doing.

Yes, my life is good by itself but there are alot of things that make it suck alot because I'm not rich, it would be 10 times better if I was rich.

I had expectations that weren't met, not blaming anyone but I can never take back those two years and I don't see anything changing so why stay?

What you are describing is what Nassim Taleb talks about in the Black Swan called the Silent Graveyard.

In an exponential game like getting rich the vast majority of people will fail.

You only hear from the successes.

Forbes 400 list for example.

We will then take the successes traits and assume they are rich because of them.

But the reality is the failures will share many of the same traits.

An unappreciated reality on this forum is that getting rich takes a lot of luck.

Starting with the luck of you being born at all and your genetic profile.

Becoming a dentist takes way less luck than getting rich.

Failures don't usually post on here about their failures.

They should.

You would see that they are the majority of posts on the forum.

This reminds me of a statement you could find in the Tao written thousands of years ago.

When greed and desires for money are renounced, riches will appear everywhere...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
IMO wasting time on here rather than on facebook or something is much more beneficial.
Very true haha.

But I’m guilty of browsing and giving “advice” when I should be working.

Brad S

Bronze Contributor
Jan 23, 2014
New Jersey
I study and work but it's recently thats happened, my main problem has always been getting myself to do it. I don't know, maybe you guys have a passion for business, I've come to the conclusion it's not possible to work at something much unless you like doing it.

Then maybe it's a good thing I'm leaving, not following anyone's advice could be the turning point.

You're probably right.

Liking what you do matters.

If you hate what you are doing you will be using willpower to do it.

Willpower runs out.

The only time we have is Now.

No matter what the potential financial reward it's not worth wasting your life doing things you hate.

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia

Willpower runs out.

No matter what the potential financial reward it's not worth wasting your life doing things you hate.
Willpower basically means you are uncomfortable, isnt that a good thing?

Brad S

Bronze Contributor
Jan 23, 2014
New Jersey
Willpower basically means you are uncomfortable, isnt that a good thing?

Willpower usually means doing things you don't want to do.

Maybe you are uncomfortable.

Cleaning or working out could be examples of things you don't want to do so they require willpower or discipline to complete.

Things that don't require willpower:
Having sex with an attractive woman.
Eating good tasting food.

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
Willpower usually means doing things you don't want to do.

Maybe you are uncomfortable.

Cleaning or working out could be examples of things you don't want to do so they require willpower or discipline to complete.

Things that don't require willpower:
Having sex with an attractive woman.
Eating good tasting food.
Well it would be stupid to advise people to engage in things which needs no 'willpower' for business.You dont get paid to have sex and eat.

Brad S

Bronze Contributor
Jan 23, 2014
New Jersey
Well it would be stupid to advise people to engage in things which needs no 'willpower' for business.You dont get paid to have sex and eat.

I didn't say NO willpower.

Just not ALL willpower.

Bottom line:
Things you like doing usually correlate with things you are good at.

How many pro athletes hate playing their sport?

How many billionaires hated building their businesses?

Not many I would guess.

Obviously just because you like something doesn't mean you are good at it or it's worth anything to anyone else.

But hating doing something narrows your chances of being good at it or getting paid for it.

You wont persist when the inevitable difficulties come.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
First off, no one owes you anything for coming to the forum.The forum is supposed to simply supplement your journey to wherever you are heading.Helping people works, however if you help people and do not rightfully ask for something back then it is your fault alone.

For instance Have you made a progress thread? if not how do you expect people to help you.Have you started any ventures? if not how do you expect people to help you.What have you done? dont use the forum as a scape goat for your inactions.

That said you might just feel you procrastinate on here for too long, in that case its up to you and good luck

....saxib ;)
I don't owe anyone here anything either and this forum was a shit supplement in the end.

Thanks and bye.

What you are describing is what Nassim Taleb talks about in the Black Swan called the Silent Graveyard.

In an exponential game like getting rich the vast majority of people will fail.

You only hear from the successes.

Forbes 400 list for example.

We will then take the successes traits and assume they are rich because of them.

But the reality is the failures will share many of the same traits.

An unappreciated reality on this forum is that getting rich takes a lot of luck.

Starting with the luck of you being born at all and your genetic profile.

Becoming a dentist takes way less luck than getting rich.

Failures don't usually post on here about their failures.

They should.

You would see that they are the majority of posts on the forum.

This reminds me of a statement you could find in the Tao written thousands of years ago.

When greed and desires for money are renounced, riches will appear everywhere...
True, yet no one wants to be in the majority who fail, I actually don't care about being in a group of statistic, I just want to get the things I want, whether I'm "successful" or "1%" doesn't matter to me.

Willpower runs out.

Wish I never read the millionaire fastlane because it made me think passion was useless when it's the very thing that makes you succeed in most cases.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I don't owe anyone here anything either and this forum was a sh*t supplement in the end.

Thanks and bye.

You said bye yesterday.

So why are you still here? Go.

Go and create a positive life in the Slowlane for yourself. Unsubscribe from any notifications, delete your forum bookmarks and give TMF and Unscripted to charity or someone who will take action.

Coming back here and responding to a thread that has already been placed in landfill by @Vigilante seems pointless to me.

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
You said bye yesterday.

So why are you still here? Go.

Go and create a positive life in the Slowlane for yourself. Unsubscribe from any notifications, delete your forum bookmarks and give TMF and Unscripted to charity or someone who will take action.

Coming back here and responding to a thread that has already been placed in landfill by @Vigilante seems pointless to me.
Misery loves company.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I don't owe anyone here anything either and this forum was a sh*t supplement in the end.

Thanks and bye.

True, yet no one wants to be in the majority who fail, I actually don't care about being in a group of statistic, I just want to get the things I want, whether I'm "successful" or "1%" doesn't matter to me.

Wish I never read the millionaire fastlane because it made me think passion was useless when it's the very thing that makes you succeed in most cases.

Bye again.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Hey just wondering if we can PM people on this forum?

You can (but not Vigilante as he is special) ;)

Go to your inbox and message from there. Some people allow messages and some don't depending on their settings. If you want to message the moderators use the 'contact us' link in the footer.

_

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Sigh, @Vigilante can you lock off this thread so Ayanle can go in peace? At the moment he keeps turning back up like a bad penny.
:happy:

Burton

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 17, 2018
Ayanle if this forum hasn’t helped you yet I’m 100% sure you will not find something helpful or valuable for you in this posts. You want to go so just do it. I think we can close the thread to avoid this scripted bs.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How many pro athletes hate playing their sport?

Sorry but you're wrong. This is a non-sequitur fallacy and I exposed it in Unscripted . And now you're perpetuating it. I'm not going to explain it again here, but the TLDR is, you've totally ignored the feedback loop in how it plays a role in "motivation" and "passion". Pro athletes don't become pro-athletes by constantly failing in competition. At some point, they connect a feedback loop of wins and victory in the competitive marketplace, which enforces passion and the willingness to train harder.

I came back with this account late 2016 to give it another shot but it was all the same.

Wow, I didn't know the forum was supposed to change your life, not you.

News to me.

I'm no longer waiting to be rich

Bahahahhaha...

OMG are there people that really think like this? Yes there is!

You clearly don't get it.

Yea, you don't belong here.

because it made me think passion was useless when it's the very thing that makes you succeed in most cases.

Then go be passionately mediocre.

Again, clearly you're not willing to do the dirty work. Another millennial failure of expectation that "getting rich" is all fun and games. No trials. No tribulations. All passion and love and Instagram posts of glory.

You'll never realize that the real passion comes from achievement, from doing what you couldn't think you could do, from exceeding your expectations, from self-development and growth.

There are some people on this forum where I say to myself, "Yea, he's never going to make it."

That is you.

And I say that only based on the body of work you've posted here over the years.

I see blame, victimhood, external locus, fixed mindsets, excuses, and overall, a poor mental architecture that does NOT lead to the kind of success we strive for. IMO, you're another casualty to the "do what you love" and "passion" fallacy.

Anyhow,when your beliefs are POOR, the actions that evolve from those beliefs will also be POOR.

For example, this:

I will never again listen to anyone selling a book, course or anything.

What a horrific belief system.

Oh well, as they say about the horse and the water...

forum was a sh*t supplement in the end.

And you're a sh*t wannabee entrepreneur who wants to whistle Dixie while trying to start a business.

And now you're crying like an angry entitled millennial brat who didn't get his juice box complete with a passive income business in 2 weeks.

I started this forum to help people make the entrepreneurial journey, a journey that is TOUGH, riddled with FAILURE, and often times LONELY. It is our water cooler where I've decided to spend a large portion of my time in "semi-retirement" here to guide those guidable -- you are not guideable. And you think I'm going to let as shit-stain like you insult it and my work?

You're done?

No, I'm done.

I will delete/ban your account today so you won't be tempted by a "shit supplement" any longer.

Good luck updating the resume and goodbye.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
Sorry but you're wrong. This is a non-sequitur fallacy and I exposed it in Unscripted . And now you're perpetuating it. I'm not going to explain it again here, but the TLDR is, you've totally ignored the feedback loop in how it plays a role in "motivation" and "passion". Pro athletes don't become pro-athletes by constantly failing in competition. At some point, they connect a feedback loop of wins and victory in the competitive marketplace, which enforces passion and the willingness to train harder.

Wow, I didn't know the forum was supposed to change your life, not you.

News to me.

Bahahahhaha...

OMG are there people that really think like this? Yes there is!

You clearly don't get it.

Yea, you don't belong here.

Then go be passionately mediocre.

Again, clearly you're not willing to do the dirty work. Another millennial failure of expectation that "getting rich" is all fun and games. No trials. No tribulations. All passion and love and Instagram posts of glory.

You'll never realize that the real passion comes from achievement, from doing what you couldn't think you could do, from exceeding your expectations, from self-development and growth.

There are some people on this forum where I say to myself, "Yea, he's never going to make it."

That is you.

And I say that only based on the body of work you've posted here over the years.

I see blame, victimhood, external locus, fixed mindsets, excuses, and overall, a poor mental architecture that does NOT lead to the kind of success we strive for. IMO, you're another casualty to the "do what you love" and "passion" fallacy.

Anyhow,when your beliefs are POOR, the actions that evolve from those beliefs will also be POOR.

For example, this:

What a horrific belief system.

Oh well, as they say about the horse and the water...

And you're a sh*t wannabee entrepreneur who wants to whistle Dixie while trying to start a business.

And now you're crying like an angry entitled millennial brat who didn't get his juice box complete with a passive income business in 2 weeks.

I started this forum to help people make the entrepreneurial journey, a journey that is TOUGH, riddled with FAILURE, and often times LONELY. It is our water cooler where I've decided to spend a large portion of my time in "semi-retirement" here to guide those guidable -- you are not guideable. And you think I'm going to let as sh*t-stain like you insult it and my work?

You're done?

No, I'm done.

I will delete/ban your account today so you won't be tempted by a "sh*t supplement" any longer.

Good luck updating the resume and goodbye.
So brutally honest.

Brad S

Bronze Contributor
Jan 23, 2014
New Jersey

I get what you are saying.

Winning and getting positive feedback can make you passionate about something because you're succeeding at it.

I agree failure does not breed passion or liking doing something.

My point is that a lot of times things that people like tend to be things they have natural abilities to be good at.

When you don't like doing something a lot of the time it's because you are just not good at it.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
MJ's ferrari or lambo prolly broke down today in the driveway lol

Sick burn

Granted I'd be pretty pissed to if someone insulted my work, I mean for all the lives this book / forum has changed and you have a dumb post like this is mindblowing

whiz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
Nov 29, 2017
New Jersey
Everybody has a little version of this guy deep inside

The more you succeed though, the smaller it becomes and the quieter his voice becomes

It still hurt / gave me a little anxiety to read when he said "i'll never be rich and it is what it is" blah blah

This thread was a pretty brutal read though

He has no ability to think rationally and connect cause and effect

He's not getting that he's not rich because he didn't do anything that would result in him being rich

He couldn't "wait" his way to riches so he wants to chase "happiness" or whatever

Now he'll try to "wait" his way to happiness, before realizing that that takes work too

Better buy a guru course The Well Defined Man for $297

lol

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Well, through out the thread, understand that you don't have motivation to do things. You loose your focus. You don't do things consistently. Well mate, the problem is...

LACK OF DISCIPLINE

Try to add discipline in your life. As you try to discipline yourself, you will gain habits which will help you in achieving the state that pulls you in doing things. Consistently.

You might say, i am not even consistent in applying the discipline in your life. I hear you, I am the same.

Last 3years, I did almost everything to earn money. To change my life. To become happy. But as you said @ayanlefarah that you need money sometimes to be happy.

Now after spending loads of time reading books starting from Think and grow rich (i was never in self development before a year ago), rich dad poor dad, The morning miracle etc....

Read online articles on development n all. Because what i felt i am missing is discipline in my life. Not motivation. Not business. Not money.

I stumbled upon 30days of discipline book. i decided than that i will atleast follow the action given in the book. Pushed myself to do.

and after 30days, you won't believe, i gain mental clarity. i was happy just because i disciplined myself to fold my own bed(tip from Tim ferris) and then i implemented Miracle morning actions.

One action led to other and hire i am, with no business(working on), no fastlane(thinking), enough money earn from job and still happy and feel million dollar buck guy.

Its all in discipline mate. Try it. Do it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.