The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm done waiting to be rich, LOL.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
I've been here two years and have nothing to show for it, I don't blame anyone but myself but hanging around here any longer is a waste of time.

Time is ticking and life is going by, I want to enjoy my life and I'm no longer waiting to be rich before that happens.

I'm leaving, bye.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Time is ticking and life is going by, I want to enjoy my life and I'm no longer waiting to be rich before that happens.

I'm leaving, bye.

I think you hit the nail on the head. First off happiness is not something you plan for the future, it is something that you should be experiencing in the now. Postponing it until you are 'rich' is a mistake many make (I have done so myself in my distant past). After all success is a journey not a destination.

Rich is measured in so many ways, putting a monetary price on it will never bring satisfaction. You create a rich life, you don't wait for it. To me contentment is the greatest wealth of all.

I wish you all the best in your search.

Last edited:

whiz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
Nov 29, 2017
New Jersey
I'm leaving, bye.

q74vJs4.png

7A2lOwF

q74vJs4

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
waiting to be rich
Did you mean to write it like that?

I’m not (financially) rich, but I enjoy my life.

I also spend an inordinate amount of time on the forum, mostly writing to helps others. I don’t think it’s a waste of my time.

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
I've been here two years and have nothing to show for it, I don't blame anyone but myself but hanging around here any longer is a waste of time.

I'm leaving, bye.
Why leave?

How are you blaming this forum for the state of your life.

• Banned

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
If you enjoyed the process of helping others, you would not have to wait.
I always thought this "helping other people" stuff was a bunch of bullshit.

No one came here to do charity work, let's be honest. I know you gotta give value and stuff but the end goal is always what you can get out of it.

No one would do it if there wasn't any payoff.

I think you hit the nail on the head. First off happiness is not something you plan for the future, it is something that you should be experiencing in the now. Postponing it until you are 'rich' is a mistake many make (I have done so myself in my distant past). After all success is a journey not a destination.

Rich is measured in so many ways, putting a monetary price on it will never bring satisfaction. You create a rich life, you don't wait for it. To me contentment is the greatest wealth of all.

I wish you all the best in your search.
Thank you, but success to me is a destination. Getting rich is not something I want to spend my whole life doing.

Did you mean to write it like that?

I’m not rich, but I enjoy my life.

I spend an inordinate amount of time on the forum, mostly writing to helps others. I don’t think it’s a waste of my time.
Yes, my life is good by itself but there are alot of things that make it suck alot because I'm not rich, it would be 10 times better if I was rich.

Why leave?

How are you blaming this forum for the state of your life.
I had expectations that weren't met, not blaming anyone but I can never take back those two years and I don't see anything changing so why stay?

Burton

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 17, 2018
Have you taken any action during these 2 years? If so, what have you done, why it failed? I don't know anything about you but from your post I understand that you have just spent 2 years here and did nothing more.

If you don't do anything to become rich = you will not be even if you spend 50 years here.

TinyOldLady

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Hi, I can understand you, since I spend too much time here reading threads, that are not really interesting to me.
But in reality it's not the forum that is attracting too much, but it's the work, that is pushing away, since I connect bad feelings to it (fear, disappointment,...). Maybe the same is true for you?
I wish you all the best, but be sure to not replace the forum with something similar, just to escape work and reality.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Have you taken any action during these 2 years? If so, what have you done, why it failed? I don't know anything about you but from your post I understand that you have just spent 2 years here and did nothing more.

If you don't do anything to become rich = you will not be even if you spend 50 years here.

He's been here since 2013 I read.

All the best to him though.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
He's been here since 2013 I read.

All the best to him though.
Not true. I used to have another account here that I joined this forum with in 2014 December and I left in 2015 around October-November.

I came back with this account late 2016 to give it another shot but it was all the same.

Thanks though.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

I'm leaving, bye.
I smell a storm of comments coming.

@Ayanle Farah, you can enjoy life anytime you want.

It just needs to benefit yourself, others and at an effective cost, monetary or emotional.

A simple trip locally, some gifts for your loved ones, can be easily affordable.

If we are talking about more expensive stuff, like a cruise for instance, there are numerous ways to get them at lower prices.

All you need is decent planning. That's it. Your happiness is yours to control.

You are right about one thing though. Fastlane isn't just about locking yourself on front of an online forum. You've got to be going out to do things and meet people offline, likely the others said.

No one came here to do charity work, let's be honest. I know you gotta give value and stuff but the end goal is always what you can get out of it.
The iron law of charity, jobs and business is general is that it must fulfill a need, aka helping people. Universal. Not bullshit.

All in all, @Ayanle Farah, don't throw in the towel yet.

Reread TMF and UNSCRIPTED , consider a change in your industry of focus, and take a look at your friends and family around you. Did you feel 'left out' because they look like they are having a better time than you? Peer pressure? A change of environment may be needed.

You are right that you do not need to spend your whole life getting rich. Go earn enough cash/profit to be self-sustainable first, and then rich can come later.Take a short break from this forum for a bit if you need.

I feel that you want to jump the gun, rushing to get rich, which you don't need to. Even if you were to launch a blockbuster product tomorrow, the market needs time to accept it to pay you.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016

No, I've never put in a whole days work on it, I was very inconsistent throughout and I always had trouble finding the motivation to get through it. I could never change myself.

I got into freelancing, app development and lately ecommerce and in all of them I never got past the beginning stages, months and years went by with little to no progress, had other distractions lately and money problems.

I've had enough of doing this stuff.
It's likely I'll never get rich, it is what it is.

Hi, I can understand you, since I spend too much time here reading threads, that are not really interesting to me.
But in reality it's not the forum that is attracting too much, but it's the work, that is pushing away, since I connect bad feelings to it (fear, disappointment,...). Maybe the same is true for you?
I wish you all the best, but be sure to not replace the forum with something similar, just to escape work and reality.
Thanks, maybe you're right.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
No, I've never put in a whole days work on it, I was very inconsistent throughout and I always had trouble finding the motivation to get through it. I could never change myself.

I got into freelancing, app development and lately ecommerce and in all of them I never got past the beginning stages, months and years went by with little to no progress, had other distractions lately and money problems.
Have you tried doing anything about your problems before?

Have you charted out a basic timeline where you have milestones to solve them?

You might need to re-skill then to solve the bigger problems accordingly.

Do you have a regular job? Studies? I can understand if they didn't let you work as much as you'd like.

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
The biggest reason most of it doesn't work is because of following people.

Take DeMarco, for instance. He didn't read books about getting rich using the internet. He just took his own route.

By the time something becomes commonplace enough that you hear "you should try this" on the internet, it's too late. You're now the means of getting someone else rich. You're not Tim Ferris: you're an accounting entry on the way to his next sports car.

The second biggest reason is failing to do things that are hard.

If anyone can do it, it's crap. This is why doctors and lawyers can get paid so much: it's hard to become a skilled doctor or lawyer, which constraints supply, while demand remains high. Concurrently, running a cafe is easy, so you only make basic money.

The chief path to success has never been business by itself, but doing something that's genuinely hard to do, and is also in demand.

Which is why all the mockery of "time for money" is so wank and misplaced: until your time is worth solid money, you've nothing to fall back on but luck.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
I think you don't want it enough and that's okay. You do you.

I see people on here giving you advice. I think they give that with the assumption you are like them and want the same things as much as they do.

But maybe you're not like them.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Have you tried doing anything about your problems before?

Have you charted out a basic timeline where you have milestones to solve them?

You might need to re-skill then to solve the bigger problems accordingly.

Do you have a regular job? Studies? I can understand if they didn't let you work as much as you'd like.
I study and work but it's recently thats happened, my main problem has always been getting myself to do it. I don't know, maybe you guys have a passion for business, I've come to the conclusion it's not possible to work at something much unless you like doing it.

The biggest reason most of it doesn't work is because of following people.

Take DeMarco, for instance. He didn't read books about getting rich using the internet. He just took his own route.

By the time something becomes commonplace enough that you hear "you should try this" on the internet, it's too late. You're now the means of getting someone else rich. You're not Tim Ferris: you're an accounting entry on the way to his next sports car.

The second biggest reason is failing to do things that are hard.

If anyone can do it, it's crap. This is why doctors and lawyers can get paid so much: it's hard to become a skilled doctor or lawyer, which constraints supply, while demand remains high. Concurrently, running a cafe is easy, so you only make basic money.

The chief path to success has never been business by itself, but doing something that's genuinely hard to do, and is also in demand.

Which is why all the mockery of "time for money" is so wank and misplaced: until your time is worth solid money, you've nothing to fall back on but luck.
Then maybe it's a good thing I'm leaving, not following anyone's advice could be the turning point.

I think you don't want it enough and that's okay. You do you.

I see people on here giving you advice. I think they give that with the assumption you are like them and want the same things as much as they do.

But maybe you're not like them.
You're probably right.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

I'm leaving, bye.

Bye. Thread moved to landfill where it belongs. Fling yourself up on to the trash heap.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016

I think @loop101 meant that if you enjoyed providing value, then you would also enjoy the process of building a company that produces value...meaning you'd be enjoying your life right now without being rich.

Of course no one builds a business off of charity, that's why there are 2 books and this forum that contain the framework and actionable advice on how to monetize provided value.

As for the forum itself...is it charity to help others? Are we only here for some sort of return?

I help for a return, yeah. That return comes in the joy of helping others through teaching what I know (one of my greatest joys in life), through the camaraderie and support, and through others helping me by teaching me what they know...and my acting on that shared wisdom and experience.

90% of life is mindset, only 10% is skill.

Your mindset needs some serious work.

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018

I'm leaving, bye.
So do you now see why some financially rich people sometimes say they're depressed?

Even though I personally went through exactly what you're going through now, I came to realise that having money should be used as a way to boost the reasons why we are happy not be the reason why we are happy...

I mean whilst you should be doing the stuff that brings you happiness in this life - where it's chilling with your family, meeting your friends, praying to God, working on a hobby or whatever and keep on doing it, but the message is at the same time try to follow a CENTS principles in business if you get the chance...I mean you mentioned that you are going through financial difficulty, well having a job at that moment can at least ease that until you are able to start thinking about business, because usually starting a business doesn't work smoothly side by side whilst you're fighting to pay the bills, even though many make it work, but it makes life super harder for you and people who depend on you.

Becoming rich can take 20 years instead of 5 or 7 years like many of the people that have made it here on the forums, for so many reasons that you can't even list them here, such as having your warehouse burn down with millions worth of products when you're at the top of your game...should that stop you from fighting back and growing it to a bigger warehouse than before? definitely not...but stuff happens whether you like it or not.

You should now realise where are you now, in what situation concerning health, financial, spiritual etc. and ACCEPT IT. When you do that you're not actually putting yourself down, you're just accepting the reality you're in. Then, write down where you are now, accept it, think about ways that you can improve it to have a better life....

So if you are financially broke, accept it, look at the choices and go for it. Do I need a job even if it's a minimum wage job to help me get through the days? Then start searching and asking people to help you find work.

Do you find yourself away from your family and therefore makes you feel lonely? Accept it, then go visit your family and sit around with them and have fun.

Did you miss out on seeing your friends because you're reading "how to become a millionare book" and so you felt bad? accept it, go see them on the next meetup and make another time to read that book.

I just wanted to share what worked with me when I was feeling the way you did and from the time I started doing it, I started feeling much much better. And I hope you do.

It's like you said, it's usually not the Forums, MJ DeMarco, Robert Kiyosaky to blame for pushing us to start thinking in a different way than we used to, it's ourselves. We made a assumption of what they meant and thought that's how we should start living our lives. But it us who made those assumptions.

Anyway I hope your life becomes more happier and you enjoy your life more than you do now.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
So do you now see why some financially rich people sometimes say they're depressed?

Even though I personally went through exactly what you're going through now, I came to realise that having money should be used as a way to boost the reasons why we are happy not be the reason why we are happy...

I mean whilst you should be doing the stuff that brings you happiness in this life - where it's chilling with your family, meeting your friends, praying to God, working on a hobby or whatever and keep on doing it, but the message is at the same time try to follow a CENTS principles in business if you get the chance...I mean you mentioned that you are going through financial difficulty, well having a job at that moment can at least ease that until you are able to start thinking about business, because usually starting a business doesn't work smoothly side by side whilst you're fighting to pay the bills, even though many make it work, but it makes life super harder for you and people who depend on you.

Becoming rich can take 20 years instead of 5 or 7 years like many of the people that have made it here on the forums, for so many reasons that you can't even list them here, such as having your warehouse burn down with millions worth of products when you're at the top of your game...should that stop you from fighting back and growing it to a bigger warehouse than before? definitely not...but stuff happens whether you like it or not.

You should now realise where are you now, in what situation concerning health, financial, spiritual etc. and ACCEPT IT. When you do that you're not actually putting yourself down, you're just accepting the reality you're in. Then, write down where you are now, accept it, think about ways that you can improve it to have a better life....

So if you are financially broke, accept it, look at the choices and go for it. Do I need a job even if it's a minimum wage job to help me get through the days? Then start searching and asking people to help you find work.

Do you find yourself away from your family and therefore makes you feel lonely? Accept it, then go visit your family and sit around with them and have fun.

Did you miss out on seeing your friends because you're reading "how to become a millionare book" and so you felt bad? accept it, go see them on the next meetup and make another time to read that book.

I just wanted to share what worked with me when I was feeling the way you did and from the time I started doing it, I started feeling much much better. And I hope you do.

It's like you said, it's usually not the Forums, MJ DeMarco, Robert Kiyosaky to blame for pushing us to start thinking in a different way than we used to, it's ourselves. We made a assumption of what they meant and thought that's how we should start living our lives. But it us who made those assumptions.

Anyway I hope your life becomes more happier and you enjoy your life more than you do now.
Thanks, I'm going to put enjoyment of life before any business from now on.

I accept where I'm at, that's why I made this thread and I will never again listen to anyone selling a book, course or anything.

loop101

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013

Can you find an activity that meets these 3 criteria?
  • You enjoy doing it.
  • Other people can benefit from it.
  • You can monetize it.
If you can, you can be making money right now, and be having fun. The Fastlane methodology just adds a few more rules, and drops the first one.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Can you find an activity that meets these 3 criteria?
  • You enjoy doing it.
  • Other people can benefit from it.
  • You can monetize it.
If you can, you can be making money right now, and be having fun. The Fastlane methodology just adds a few more rules, and drops the first one.
Yeah, I actually think no passion is the reason I haven't been able to get motivated, since yesterday I started asking myself what I'm passionate about in business.

That's the only way it's going to work out for me if it's going to work at all.

loop101

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Yeah, I actually think no passion is the reason I haven't been able to get motivated, since yesterday I started asking myself what I'm passionate about in business.

That's the only way it's going to work out for me if it's going to work at all.

I posted about the Hedgehog Concept a while back. It may be a good fit for you.

Collin's "Hedgehog Concept"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUrdbmNBpyY

Hedgehog-Concept_v2.jpg

There are plenty of similar Venn Diagrams if you google "venn diagram personal goals"

Purpose-Venn-Diagram.png

2aa22dc1907cb1bde1c2470f305009d9.jpg

Simple-Venn-Diagram-Help-You-Figure-Out-Your-Purpose.png

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
The forum isn’t a waste of time, you’re just wasting the time that you’re on it.

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia

Thank you, but success to me is a destination. Getting rich is not something I want to spend my whole life doing.

Yes, my life is good by itself but there are alot of things that make it suck alot because I'm not rich, it would be 10 times better if I was rich.

I had expectations that weren't met, not blaming anyone but I can never take back those two years and I don't see anything changing so why stay?

First off, no one owes you anything for coming to the forum.The forum is supposed to simply supplement your journey to wherever you are heading.Helping people works, however if you help people and do not rightfully ask for something back then it is your fault alone.

For instance Have you made a progress thread? if not how do you expect people to help you.Have you started any ventures? if not how do you expect people to help you.What have you done? dont use the forum as a scape goat for your inactions.

That said you might just feel you procrastinate on here for too long, in that case its up to you and good luck

....saxib ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.