The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

LANDFILL I'm done waiting to be rich, LOL.

MJ DeMarco

Raving Lunatic
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Jul 23, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
getUnscripted.com
How many pro athletes hate playing their sport?
Sorry but you're wrong. This is a non-sequitur fallacy and I exposed it in Unscripted. And now you're perpetuating it. I'm not going to explain it again here, but the TLDR is, you've totally ignored the feedback loop in how it plays a role in "motivation" and "passion". Pro athletes don't become pro-athletes by constantly failing in competition. At some point, they connect a feedback loop of wins and victory in the competitive marketplace, which enforces passion and the willingness to train harder.

I came back with this account late 2016 to give it another shot but it was all the same.
Wow, I didn't know the forum was supposed to change your life, not you.

News to me.

I'm no longer waiting to be rich
Bahahahhaha...

OMG are there people that really think like this? Yes there is!

You clearly don't get it.

Yea, you don't belong here.

because it made me think passion was useless when it's the very thing that makes you succeed in most cases.
Then go be passionately mediocre.

Again, clearly you're not willing to do the dirty work. Another millennial failure of expectation that "getting rich" is all fun and games. No trials. No tribulations. All passion and love and Instagram posts of glory.

You'll never realize that the real passion comes from achievement, from doing what you couldn't think you could do, from exceeding your expectations, from self-development and growth.

There are some people on this forum where I say to myself, "Yea, he's never going to make it."

That is you.

And I say that only based on the body of work you've posted here over the years.

I see blame, victimhood, external locus, fixed mindsets, excuses, and overall, a poor mental architecture that does NOT lead to the kind of success we strive for. IMO, you're another casualty to the "do what you love" and "passion" fallacy.

Anyhow,when your beliefs are POOR, the actions that evolve from those beliefs will also be POOR.

For example, this:

I will never again listen to anyone selling a book, course or anything.
What a horrific belief system.

Oh well, as they say about the horse and the water...

forum was a sh*t supplement in the end.
And you're a sh*t wannabee entrepreneur who wants to whistle Dixie while trying to start a business.

And now you're crying like an angry entitled millennial brat who didn't get his juice box complete with a passive income business in 2 weeks.

I started this forum to help people make the entrepreneurial journey, a journey that is TOUGH, riddled with FAILURE, and often times LONELY. It is our water cooler where I've decided to spend a large portion of my time in "semi-retirement" here to guide those guidable -- you are not guideable. And you think I'm going to let as shit-stain like you insult it and my work?

You're done?

No, I'm done.

I will delete/ban your account today so you won't be tempted by a "shit supplement" any longer.

Good luck updating the resume and goodbye.

RazorCut

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 3, 2014
England UK

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
Sorry but you're wrong. This is a non-sequitur fallacy and I exposed it in Unscripted. And now you're perpetuating it. I'm not going to explain it again here, but the TLDR is, you've totally ignored the feedback loop in how it plays a role in "motivation" and "passion". Pro athletes don't become pro-athletes by constantly failing in competition. At some point, they connect a feedback loop of wins and victory in the competitive marketplace, which enforces passion and the willingness to train harder.

Wow, I didn't know the forum was supposed to change your life, not you.

News to me.

Bahahahhaha...

OMG are there people that really think like this? Yes there is!

You clearly don't get it.

Yea, you don't belong here.

Then go be passionately mediocre.

Again, clearly you're not willing to do the dirty work. Another millennial failure of expectation that "getting rich" is all fun and games. No trials. No tribulations. All passion and love and Instagram posts of glory.

You'll never realize that the real passion comes from achievement, from doing what you couldn't think you could do, from exceeding your expectations, from self-development and growth.

There are some people on this forum where I say to myself, "Yea, he's never going to make it."

That is you.

And I say that only based on the body of work you've posted here over the years.

I see blame, victimhood, external locus, fixed mindsets, excuses, and overall, a poor mental architecture that does NOT lead to the kind of success we strive for. IMO, you're another casualty to the "do what you love" and "passion" fallacy.

Anyhow,when your beliefs are POOR, the actions that evolve from those beliefs will also be POOR.

For example, this:

What a horrific belief system.

Oh well, as they say about the horse and the water...

And you're a sh*t wannabee entrepreneur who wants to whistle Dixie while trying to start a business.

And now you're crying like an angry entitled millennial brat who didn't get his juice box complete with a passive income business in 2 weeks.

I started this forum to help people make the entrepreneurial journey, a journey that is TOUGH, riddled with FAILURE, and often times LONELY. It is our water cooler where I've decided to spend a large portion of my time in "semi-retirement" here to guide those guidable -- you are not guideable. And you think I'm going to let as sh*t-stain like you insult it and my work?

You're done?

No, I'm done.

I will delete/ban your account today so you won't be tempted by a "sh*t supplement" any longer.

Good luck updating the resume and goodbye.
So brutally honest.

Brad S

Bronze Contributor
Jan 23, 2014
New Jersey
I get what you are saying.

Winning and getting positive feedback can make you passionate about something because you're succeeding at it.

I agree failure does not breed passion or liking doing something.

My point is that a lot of times things that people like tend to be things they have natural abilities to be good at.

When you don't like doing something a lot of the time it's because you are just not good at it.

sparechange

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver/Calgary)
MJ's ferrari or lambo prolly broke down today in the driveway lol

Sick burn

Granted I'd be pretty pissed to if someone insulted my work, I mean for all the lives this book / forum has changed and you have a dumb post like this is mindblowing

whiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Nov 29, 2017
New Jersey
Everybody has a little version of this guy deep inside

The more you succeed though, the smaller it becomes and the quieter his voice becomes

It still hurt / gave me a little anxiety to read when he said "i'll never be rich and it is what it is" blah blah

This thread was a pretty brutal read though

He has no ability to think rationally and connect cause and effect

He's not getting that he's not rich because he didn't do anything that would result in him being rich

He couldn't "wait" his way to riches so he wants to chase "happiness" or whatever

Now he'll try to "wait" his way to happiness, before realizing that that takes work too

Better buy a guru course The Well Defined Man for $297

lol

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Speedway Pass
Nov 7, 2015

BlackMagician

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 18, 2018
India
Geeknotics.com
Well, through out the thread, understand that you don't have motivation to do things. You loose your focus. You don't do things consistently. Well mate, the problem is...

LACK OF DISCIPLINE

Try to add discipline in your life. As you try to discipline yourself, you will gain habits which will help you in achieving the state that pulls you in doing things. Consistently.

You might say, i am not even consistent in applying the discipline in your life. I hear you, I am the same.

Last 3years, I did almost everything to earn money. To change my life. To become happy. But as you said @ayanlefarah that you need money sometimes to be happy.

Now after spending loads of time reading books starting from Think and grow rich (i was never in self development before a year ago), rich dad poor dad, The morning miracle etc....

Read online articles on development n all. Because what i felt i am missing is discipline in my life. Not motivation. Not business. Not money.

I stumbled upon 30days of discipline book. i decided than that i will atleast follow the action given in the book. Pushed myself to do.

and after 30days, you won't believe, i gain mental clarity. i was happy just because i disciplined myself to fold my own bed(tip from Tim ferris) and then i implemented Miracle morning actions.

One action led to other and hire i am, with no business(working on), no fastlane(thinking), enough money earn from job and still happy and feel million dollar buck guy.

Its all in discipline mate. Try it. Do it.

FORUM SPONSOR

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Post thread…

Search the Forum

FASTLANE INSIDERS

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.