So I'm not exactly a brand new member but I have not been active for a while. I recently found myself scribbling down ideas, looking to make some changes to my Slowlane life. Scribbling away I remembered that I used to be part of this community. Well, here I am again.
Thanks to you MJ - what an amazing community you have built and maintained. I signed up in 2009 and it's still all here, seven years later. Website looks a lot sleeker, too.
I grew up in Germany in a village surrounded by forests and car factories. My dad is an entrepreneur and plenty of my relatives are small business owners. During college I played around with the idea of starting a business, ranging from various online business schemes (sell ebooks for a commission - I feel so old even thinking about that) to starting a "real world", innovative business (I tried to create customized supplement combination packages and sell them online). I also remember there was this whole cottage industry of people selling "get rich quick with online marketing" ebooks to each other online. Kind of amazing that you could do business with a basic html sales letter just a few short years ago.
Anyways, none of those endeavors took off and after finishing college I moved to New York for love. I got lucky and got a job in investment banking. After a few years I left to join a private investment firm where we manage a wealthy family's assets (a so-called "family office"). It's been a good ride so far but it is, unfortunately, a Slowlane life. A shiny and comfortable hamster wheel.
I would say I'm fairly well-versed with any topics concerning investments and markets. Stocks, credit, private equity, hedge funds, you name it. Now I will have to figure out how to build a Fastlane business. I'm getting tired of the Slowlane and somewhere inside me there are still glimmers of that young kid that wanted to conquer the world. I will have to turn those little sparks into a blaze again. Thanks for having me.
Thanks to you MJ - what an amazing community you have built and maintained. I signed up in 2009 and it's still all here, seven years later. Website looks a lot sleeker, too.
I grew up in Germany in a village surrounded by forests and car factories. My dad is an entrepreneur and plenty of my relatives are small business owners. During college I played around with the idea of starting a business, ranging from various online business schemes (sell ebooks for a commission - I feel so old even thinking about that) to starting a "real world", innovative business (I tried to create customized supplement combination packages and sell them online). I also remember there was this whole cottage industry of people selling "get rich quick with online marketing" ebooks to each other online. Kind of amazing that you could do business with a basic html sales letter just a few short years ago.
Anyways, none of those endeavors took off and after finishing college I moved to New York for love. I got lucky and got a job in investment banking. After a few years I left to join a private investment firm where we manage a wealthy family's assets (a so-called "family office"). It's been a good ride so far but it is, unfortunately, a Slowlane life. A shiny and comfortable hamster wheel.
I would say I'm fairly well-versed with any topics concerning investments and markets. Stocks, credit, private equity, hedge funds, you name it. Now I will have to figure out how to build a Fastlane business. I'm getting tired of the Slowlane and somewhere inside me there are still glimmers of that young kid that wanted to conquer the world. I will have to turn those little sparks into a blaze again. Thanks for having me.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
