The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm a Youtube Video Production Editor Now? I think

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I gained a large Youtube channel as a client today after they found some of my work on skillshare and Youtube.

They liked my Video Editing, and have hired me at a rate of $50 an hour.

So far this week I've made $300 with this side gig.

I will keep the fast lane principles in mind when I'm building, and just have fun.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
We had a chat today. I put it past him to just put it at a flat $100 per video, and he accepted. The videos are not taking any longer than 2 hours anyway.
My time to edit the videos is getting shorter each time, as I am getting a better understanding of what he is after.

I will ask for more per video to get a better time/money trade if I can keep producing these sorts of results with improved CTR/Watch time, etc. It seems that I am already getting him improved views after just producing 2 videos.
This side hustle is now up to $500 a week.
I am happy with that progress so far.

Once I get used to producing this style of video for him, and at a faster pace, without compromising quality, I am going to try and get another youtuber as a client.
money.PNG

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Things are happening extremely fast, I haven't made this much progress in business in such a short space of time. This has all happened in about a week.

He has now offered me $120 per video = $600 a week as he is happy with the videos I have made so far.

I didn't even have to ask for it. Feels good for someone to appreciate my time, and work.

Still only the one client so far. I will have to get someone else at some point, as I don't want all my eggs in the one basket.

No website.
No business cards.
No networking.
No hard sells.

Just me, and my computer.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I’m delighted for you Tim. Good work.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Nice stuff! I got into copywriting in a very similar way and it's pretty awesome to have people discover your talents/efforts and offer you money like that. You're in a good place!

Now just make sure your client's channel is continually growing and create a case study to leverage with future clients.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I seen a large channel on youtube asking for help on Twitter producing their podcast, so I've sent them a DM also.

Let's see where this all goes.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Not much has changed in regards to the income here, but I am improving my process as I go to make better videos, I am learning new skills to increase my value to the marketplace.

I have made myself a video library for this channel as I am now familiar with the content. It makes it much easier to have everything in designated folders for when the presenter says specific things.

I have added myself to fivver marketplace this morning. I do not like the third party aspect of that platform, however, if the price is right I will take the job. I am going to try and get on a zoom cool with each prospect that meets my criteria, and see if we can work one on one and ditch fivver.

If I can find a way to mass blast youtube channels with my offer that might be a faster way forward also.

I am just focusing on improving my skills more so that making more $$ right now, which in turn, should have the same effect.

Just plodding along, the feedback I am getting is good.

All guns blazing.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Well done Timmy , congrats on the progress so far. Do you use adobe premiere for edition ? after effects ? or something else ?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Can you share some examples of your video editing work? What if the client wants voice-over?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Last edited:

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
406%
Apr 16, 2019
This looks fun!

Keep it up man your skills are improving fast!

robson_muniz

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 21, 2021
This is a clip
View attachment 42475
of the work I done recently.

I haven't been requested any work for voice over, I don't expect to, but time will tell!

If he wants voice over, I incidentally don't have to bad of a setup myself.

I can't see it being an issue.
I was surprised how the video flowed mainly because you used fimora and not tools like Premiere, FCPX, and Resolve.
I have been editing my videos for my youtube channel for 2 years.
Now I'm learning to After Effects, people love to see visual effects which increase engagement a lot.

Peter Kay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Nov 7, 2019
Nice stuff! I got into copywriting in a very similar way and it's pretty awesome to have people discover your talents/efforts and offer you money like that. You're in a good place!

Now just make sure your client's channel is continually growing and create a case study to leverage with future clients.
I watched watched your story unfolding @Simon Angel am delighted to hear its all good now.keep inspiring.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.