The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm a copywriter not a proofreader!

Anything related to matters of the mind

lilredwriter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 23, 2018
So, I just need to get this off my chest and see if there is anyone else out there who understands. I know there are lots of different kinds of writers out there. I have worked with writers who also happen to be great proofreaders and really enjoy it. Not me. I HATE PROOFREADING. I'm also terrible at it. It's not that I don't know how to spell. It's that I have ADHD and focusing for long periods of time without interruption is next to impossible. I also suffer from noise sensitivity (selective hearing disorder), so if I'm in the middle of proofreading and someone starts talking loudly near me or eating carrots, all bets are off. However, it seems that at every job I'd had, I'm lumped into a proofreader role on top of my writing and content strategist role.

I have an advanced degree and 20 years of experience. I don't mean to sound arrogant -- I'm just NOT a PROOFREADER. It's a very special skill that I just don't posses. I admire people who have it. But it is not what I went to school for or worked so hard in my career to do. I realize there are things in every job you don't like but I am not good at proofreading. My mind wonders and I can't stay focused. I re-read the same lines over and over again. I am an idea person. I move fast. It stresses me out to be handed a proofreading job that I'm responsible for not messing up. It's become a huge problem in my current job. I was recently forced to proof a technical manual on electrical grids. Something I can't even wrap my head around. I don't care about it at all and it took me forever to get through it. I got a lot of pressure to speed up the process and when I tried to share that proofreading really isn't my thing, I got blank stares and felt like my job might be on the line. I have never professed to be good at proofreading -- but it is always implied because I'm a writer. I'm at my wit's end. Has anyone dealt with this and how did you handle it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Cancel anytime

$7 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 44% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Crush Goals: 30% Off GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Save the best: bookmark/archive ability
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • Crush Goals: 50% Off a GoalSumo.com Subscription

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.