The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm a 7 figure eCommerce Seller and Here's My 2 Cents

Argin Gerigorian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
476%
Dec 23, 2017
Los Angeles
Hey all, I found out about MJ DeMarco through another fellow eCommerce seller and it was the best decision of the year. I've gone through TMF twice now and recommend it to ANYONE who asks me about entrepreneurship and gone through Unscripted once and listening to it again now

My name is Argin Gerigorian, I'm 25 years old and I've been grinding since 20 years old. I started my business then and lost it at 21 and then started again and broke 7 figures 2 years ago.

The sales come mostly through Amazon and the reason I lost the business the first time was because Amazon shut down my store. (Something MJ hearkens in his book Unscripted )

Since then I've been able to wholesale to other accounts on Amazon and create multiple accounts to have some kind of control over the business, I've also been adding value to the brand and creating repeat customers who buy from us.

Thank God, this year business is looking great and we're looking to break $10m. We're also expanding into 3rd party logistics for other eCom sellers and using our warehouse as space for storage for other sellers and sending their products to customers. Another couple of ventures (in marketing and consulting) but mostly focusing on taking the eCommerce brand from 7 figures to 8, 9 figures and I think this group will help!

I also want to help anyone here who needs eCommerce, logistics, marketing info.

I want to start a discussion on my favorite topic in TMF about Systems/Solutions and see how we can help each other.

1. Product System (A+)
a. We are sourcing great unique products and patenting some of them to create long term value and get long term money as a result
2. Computer System (A)
a. We have a system for our wholesalers that pay us monthly to sell products
3. Distribution System (A-/B)
a. We provide full logistics for our wholesalers and move their products to their customers
4. Marketing System (B)
a. We lack in marketing but started to work with 3 big social media influencers this year who are taking care of the marketing (This side is sort of a partnership so it has its own trouble)
5. Human Resources System (C)
a. We also lack in HRS simply because it's hard to deal with employees but we know we'll need the man power as the business starts demanding more important work from us.

PLEASE discuss and let me know your thoughts! MJ mentions that having one of these down to the T is a million dollar business, our business falls under all of them and we want to capitalize.

I'm willing to help anyone who has any legit questions and needs help with their business as well!

-Argin Gerigorian

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
What would your advice be for newbies on Amazon who are looking to differentiate themselves from the competition and sell their products?

Argin Gerigorian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
476%
Dec 23, 2017
Los Angeles
What would your advice be for newbies on Amazon who are looking to differentiate themselves from the competition and sell their products?

If you're a newbie start by selling anything you can so you can understand the fee structure and how FBA works. Don't order 1000 units of something without knowing your bottom line and making sure it'll sell.

There are way too many people promoting this Guru game of bring anything from China and sell it! Those days are gone!

Van Halen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Mar 3, 2017
United Kingdom
Whats a method you use for product research?
Inventing new products/completely changing is the best route since you're not playing catch-up. You're the first to the race.

SV25

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Nov 30, 2017
Ohio
Thanks for all the good info man ! I'm a newbie as well and very interested in selling on Amazon, any other tips on how to start ?

Argin Gerigorian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
476%
Dec 23, 2017
Los Angeles
Whats a method you use for product research?
Inventing new products/completely changing is the best route since you're not playing catch-up. You're the first to the race.

Exactly, we're bringing brand new products on the scene and patenting them

If you don't have the capital for that, I would recommend niches, bundling items that people frequently buy together (Amazon provides this info on every page) and things people tell you to stay away from.

Argin Gerigorian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
476%
Dec 23, 2017
Los Angeles
Thanks for all the good info man ! I'm a newbie as well and very interested in selling on Amazon, any other tips on how to start ?

Yes, focus! Are you really interested in eCommerce or you just want to do it because you've seen others successes? Remember behind every success story are a dozen failed ones.

What are you currently good at? What skills do you have? Double down on those and find a niche.

Cheers

Logan P

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 6, 2017
New England
Any advice for actually finding that niche you mention? I know it's a broad question, but any tips even if just one would be awesome :)

Argin Gerigorian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
476%
Dec 23, 2017
Los Angeles
Any advice for actually finding that niche you mention? I know it's a broad question, but any tips even if just one would be awesome :)

One good app is Jungle Scout web page

But don't do it the way everyone else teaches.

You can narrow it down to estimated sales per month and maximum reviews of whatever your comfortable with to launch and an average rating of 4 starts or lower.

See screen shot

On the bottom you can see a result of 4,000 products! If you can't find one to sell within those 4,000 to brand and build something with, you need to take a step back and evaluate if the business is for you

All the best!

Attachments

• JS 1-12-18.JPG
    JS 1-12-18.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 446

DamienRoche

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Sep 3, 2009

Honestly, sell anything and everything. Don't get stuck shopping for niches. You can spin your wheels for years and not get anywhere. The stars will never align and you'll never find a perfect opportunity. Just dive in and start learning.

Logan P

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 6, 2017
New England

You can narrow it down to estimated sales per month and maximum reviews of whatever your comfortable with to launch and an average rating of 4 starts or lower.

See screen shot

On the bottom you can see a result of 4,000 products! If you can't find one to sell within those 4,000 to brand and build something with, you need to take a step back and evaluate if the business is for you

All the best!
Much appreciated! I'll follow-up on this and see what Jungle Scout is all about. Looking forward to finding out more :D Thanks again!

Logan

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016

See screen shot

All the best!
Isn't Jungle Scout kinda useless by the fact that everyone is already using it?

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
Not if you use it in a way that nobody else uses it!

Jungle Scout is a tool for estimating potential sales and competition. It's up to you to tweak your filters and searches to find things that other people aren't finding.

Nobody said it would be as easy as clicking a button. In his example above, he has up to 4,000 products to filter through and analyze. Many of those won't make sense.

Argin Gerigorian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
476%
Dec 23, 2017
Los Angeles

Not at all. There could be people using it but there aren't a lot of people taking action.

Plus that's one method.

Combine that with bundling and getting product ideas and off you go. Your research by no means ends at Jungle Scout, use it to see market demand and adjust for your business :)

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Not at all. There could be people using it but there aren't a lot of people taking action.

Plus that's one method.

Combine that with bundling and getting product ideas and off you go. Your research by no means ends at Jungle Scout, use it to see market demand and adjust for your business :)
Thanks for your reply, this is my final question, is there anything I can help you with?

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017
What do you think about b2b e-commerce/helping businesses buy in bulk or connect with a certain vendor?

I'm wanting to leverage some of my sales/outbound emailing skills into this space, but I'm also trying to be realistic. E-commerce has always peaked my interest and I'm starting to look into it now.

Argin Gerigorian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
476%
Dec 23, 2017
Los Angeles
What do you think about b2b e-commerce/helping businesses buy in bulk or connect with a certain vendor?

I'm wanting to leverage some of my sales/outbound emailing skills into this space, but I'm also trying to be realistic. E-commerce has always peaked my interest and I'm starting to look into it now.

Good idea, execute it. Let me know if you need help

Midas

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 10, 2016
Hey all, I found out about MJ DeMarco through another fellow eCommerce seller and it was the best decision of the year. I've gone through TMF twice now and recommend it to ANYONE who asks me about entrepreneurship and gone through Unscripted once and listening to it again now

My name is Argin Gerigorian, I'm 25 years old and I've been grinding since 20 years old. I started my business then and lost it at 21 and then started again and broke 7 figures 2 years ago.

The sales come mostly through Amazon and the reason I lost the business the first time was because Amazon shut down my store. (Something MJ hearkens in his book Unscripted )

Since then I've been able to wholesale to other accounts on Amazon and create multiple accounts to have some kind of control over the business, I've also been adding value to the brand and creating repeat customers who buy from us.

Thank God, this year business is looking great and we're looking to break $10m. We're also expanding into 3rd party logistics for other eCom sellers and using our warehouse as space for storage for other sellers and sending their products to customers. Another couple of ventures (in marketing and consulting) but mostly focusing on taking the eCommerce brand from 7 figures to 8, 9 figures and I think this group will help!

I also want to help anyone here who needs eCommerce, logistics, marketing info.

I want to start a discussion on my favorite topic in TMF about Systems/Solutions and see how we can help each other.

1. Product System (A+)
a. We are sourcing great unique products and patenting some of them to create long term value and get long term money as a result
2. Computer System (A)
a. We have a system for our wholesalers that pay us monthly to sell products
3. Distribution System (A-/B)
a. We provide full logistics for our wholesalers and move their products to their customers
4. Marketing System (B)
a. We lack in marketing but started to work with 3 big social media influencers this year who are taking care of the marketing (This side is sort of a partnership so it has its own trouble)
5. Human Resources System (C)
a. We also lack in HRS simply because it's hard to deal with employees but we know we'll need the man power as the business starts demanding more important work from us.

PLEASE discuss and let me know your thoughts! MJ mentions that having one of these down to the T is a million dollar business, our business falls under all of them and we want to capitalize.

I'm willing to help anyone who has any legit questions and needs help with their business as well!

-Argin Gerigorian
Hey! Appreciate the info. What are your thoughts on non-subscription giftbox bundling? Not particularly in a certain niche but general gift boxes with a purpose ie baby shower giftbox, wedding, birthday etc.

Thanks!

Logan P

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 6, 2017
New England
Before following this thread any further or listening to your advice I’m going to have to wait for an answer to biophase’s question too. He’s the local ecommerce superstar from my understanding and if he isn’t having what you’re putting out then I can’t say i am either. There’s proof of his accomplishment but not of yours.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Before following this thread any further or listening to your advice I’m going to have to wait for an answer to biophase’s question too. He’s the local ecommerce superstar from my understanding and if he isn’t having what you’re putting out then I can’t say i am either. There’s proof of his accomplishment but not of yours.

I’m not doubting what he is saying. I’m just wondering what the reason was that Amazon banned his account.

Logan P

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 6, 2017
New England
I’m not doubting what he is saying. I’m just wondering what the reason was that Amazon banned his account.
Misunderstood what you were referencing. I thought you were saying he got banned off this forum so I took it more meaningfully as opposed to being banned off amazon. Still though, some verifiable information would be nice to back what he is saying!

Argin Gerigorian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
476%
Dec 23, 2017
Los Angeles
Hey! Appreciate the info. What are your thoughts on non-subscription giftbox bundling? Not particularly in a certain niche but general gift boxes with a purpose ie baby shower giftbox, wedding, birthday etc.

Thanks!

Is there an audience who will need it? Does it solve a problem that's not being solved now?

Argin Gerigorian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
476%
Dec 23, 2017
Los Angeles
Misunderstood what you were referencing. I thought you were saying he got banned off this forum so I took it more meaningfully as opposed to being banned off amazon. Still though, some verifiable information would be nice to back what he is saying!

Like MJ says your wanting of "verification" doesn't change my life. ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.