The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm 47, no net worth, facing some critical decisions...

PoGOOD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jul 4, 2014
Warsaw, Poland
I actually didn't assume anything about him physically, that would be silly to do so on an internet forum.

Looks like I assumed you made something I do from time to time - expressing my opinion on a case not read carefully from A to Z... :p Sorry!

The case of "insanely hot" women and the relation between "the level of hotness" and romance stability is, in my opinion, a case for a dating guru or a shrink. I see the guy is depressed, being dumped myself years ago I can relate to what he feels like, but in his place, I'd carve out this part of life for a couple of months and focus on business/job skill development wholeheartedly. Being busy is a very effective cure for such hard time...

Especially if you're sure you are being busy pushing in the right direction.

Don't you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LiveFire

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 17, 2017
So is the moral of all of this caveman talk that "me like blondes" or "me like brunettes" or somehow inspired to be "so easy a caveman can do it?".

Stay tuned for the next episode of "Caves Of Our Lives" :)

Sincerely,
LF

bitsinmyblood

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 29, 2017
Washington State, USA
After reading this thread, here's what I've concluded:

1. OP must post pics so we are able to judge for ourselves this "insanely hot" woman (girl?). How much pity are you looking for?
2. Passive aggression is a defense mechanism we use when we don't understand things well enough to sufficiently articulate our frustrations. Its great to see how fast that reflex can get checked!
3. Today is the first day of the rest of your life, stop looking in the mirror, "Don't cry. Dry your eye."

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I didnt read the thread, but....

I'm 47, I have no net worth, work for a dead end company, and my skills haven't been updated in awhile. I'm a systems engineer (not software), but I haven't been challenged in a long time. My insanely hot girlfriend just broke up with me. Not only is she beautiful, but is a COO for a global company making around $250k a year. I think I developed a false sense of security because we had been talking about marriage. I felt if anything happened with my current employment, I'd be safe with her, have time to re-tool and get things worked out. I suppose I thought we would be going into retirement together.

You sound like the average entrepreneur to me. What's the problem?

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
I feel like I have a critical, pivotal decision to make here and I don't have any room for error. I don't know I'm quite sold on the "fastlane" approach, because so many people doing this are just trying to find affiliate products to sell, or putting out their own version of "how to make money," e-books. I'm really leery of all self-help authors who make their money telling others how to get rich. I realize DeMarco made money in the early days of the internet, stumbling upon leadgen and other strategies back when there was competitively little competition. I'd like to seem him do it again right now with no credit, no net worth, and know name recognition. I don't want to be another guy mucking around with making websites to drive traffic. It seems there are way to many people doing that, so it fails at least 1 of the requirements.

Firstly, welcome (yeah, I may be late to the party, but what the heck?)

If all you have gathered from the book is the aforementioned, then damn, you have kind of missed the point. One thing about Fastlaning is that no matter how saturated any industry is, Fastlaning is not only about seeing what everyone else is doing, BUT, it is also about seeing what everyone else is NOT doing that can be of great value to the customer, then creating a product/service/business etc., to get ahead of the game.

Fastlaning is not always about re-inventing the wheel, but, if your idea/product/service/business that will be of great value to your customers require you to do such, then by all means, the choice lies in your hands.

You mentioned that "I realize DeMarco made money in the early days of the internet" - there are people to date (in these "late" days on the internet who are starting companies and are bypassing others/making money; however, the internet is not the only aspect of building a successful biz. A lot of people may choose this route mainly because of the scale in reaching a global audience, but it's not the only route of such. Also "DeMarco" DID build a successful business before he had major net-worth/credit/name recognition - that's why he wrote the book, it was solely based on the HOW he did it after he did it.

Affiliating is something TMF specifically advises against, not that it's 100% a bad thing, but why it is advised against is because it goes against the Commandment of Control. Unless you are the person creating/offering the affiliate to others, having an affiliate business owned by someone else can be good one day, and absolutely plummet your income the next day once the rules change.

I know all you guys have already drank the kool-aide and are probably going to be very one sided, and even have some harsh words for me, but that's ok. I'm asking for it here.

The purpose of the forum isn't about hitting you with harsh words or not, it is genuinely a platform for like-minded individuals to share holistic goals and actions that lead to obtaining freedom - whatever qualifies as freedom for each individual.

I do give you kudos for admitting to your shortcomings, that is a huge step for anyone and the fact that you have admitted that you are 47yo, your super-hot girlfriend left you, earns more than you AND that you have no net-worth, means that you are seeking something more.

Fastlaning may not be for everyone, no one is putting a gun to anyone's head telling them they must or must not do anything, every step we take in life is a choice, if you were happy with the way your life was, then I'd doubt you would have posted or choose to be a part of the community.

For me, fastlaning is about freedom, the freedom from having to succumb to anyone/anything that holds me back from fulfilling my own potential and the destiny I choose; and while I may not be a Super-Natural Force to be 100% free from anything, I KNOW the choices I make determine the outcome of my life and I know it is same for everyone who chooses to be active both within the forums and offline when pushing hard on their businesses/lives.

PoGOOD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jul 4, 2014
Warsaw, Poland
Fastlaning is not only about seeing what everyone else is doing, BUT, it is also about seeing what everyone else is NOT doing that can be of great value to the customer, then creating a product/service/business etc., to get ahead of the game.

Those are the key sentences for most "blind dreamers" that wait until they come up with a kind of uniquely new idea - without knowing the market they approach.

I love it!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...