The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm 18 Y/O and have a business ideas but don't have capital to start

Idea threads

Selfmadeujjwal

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 27, 2022
India
Hey I'm 18 years old now and I'm from a tier 3 country India and I've a lot of interest in internet marketing and e-commerce.

I've tried organic affiliate marketing via Facebook but it didn't worked out for me. Then I started learning about funnels and sales letters by Russell brunson and it gave me alot of ideas to start my own business.

But the problem is my parents do not know that I'm learning all this. I've kept it a secret because they think only medical, engineering or government jobs are best for me. So I can't convince them to start my biz..

Also for your convenience i would tell you that due to this secret i can only do online stuff. No offline jobs or garage sales to gather capital. So how can I gather capital to startup?

TIA,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Selfmadeujjwal

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 27, 2022
India
What other actions have you taken besides this?
I am interested in learning about the actions you have taken so far to diagnose the issue.
I've also tried freelancing as a graphic designer but was really underpaid by my client. He paid me 10 dollars for 2 months of graphic design work. Then I tried web designing by WordPress but didn't got any clients so I left that. Then I tried reselling on Facebook marketplace, i got little traction but of no use because the people coming are not buying from me.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
I've also tried freelancing as a graphic designer but was really underpaid by my client. He paid me 10 dollars for 2 months of graphic design work. Then I tried web designing by WordPress but didn't got any clients so I left that. Then I tried reselling on Facebook marketplace, i got little traction but of no use because the people coming are not buying from me.
Pro Tip: Don't be afraid of quoting a price. Both you and the client need to have clear expectations. You will end up suffering if you avoid this step. If you don't know how long a project will last, charge per design/hour.

You will be needing a portfolio to close good clients. That's why I would recommend doing some sample designs and then reaching out to any page, business or person who can benefit from good designs.

If someone haggles you at a low price and wants to pay far less than what you asked, he is most likely to skin your soul.

Don't work for clients from Nigeria, India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. Telling this from experience.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
He wasn't valuing my work
He will skin your soul. Put up whatever you do for him on your portfolio.

You need to stand up for yourself. I worked for a marketing agency for 3 months. When I asked for payment, they said I was volunteering. That's why have clear expectations before you go into an agreement with a client.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan

I was in a similar position as yours a year ago. Maybe you can find something valuable in my progress thread. Btw I'm 19 now :)

Selfmadeujjwal

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 27, 2022
India
He will skin your soul. Put up whatever you do for him on your portfolio.

You need to stand up for yourself. I worked for a marketing agency for 3 months. When I asked for payment, they said I was volunteering. That's why have clear expectations before you go into an agreement with a client.
Thanks for recommending! I'll keep that in mind.

sebesto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 27, 2022
Graphic design is a saturated market regardless of the quality of designs. Many of the best graphic designers need to compete against the noise. There are spaces such as VR and conversational AI that are still not as saturated as graphic design. You might want to find one that you can transition to quickly.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Hey I'm 18 years old now and I'm from a tier 3 country India and I've a lot of interest in internet marketing and e-commerce.

I've tried organic affiliate marketing via Facebook but it didn't worked out for me. Then I started learning about funnels and sales letters by Russell brunson and it gave me alot of ideas to start my own business.

But the problem is my parents do not know that I'm learning all this. I've kept it a secret because they think only medical, engineering or government jobs are best for me. So I can't convince them to start my biz..

Also for your convenience i would tell you that due to this secret i can only do online stuff. No offline jobs or garage sales to gather capital. So how can I gather capital to startup?

TIA,
Welcome! Then... could you do ideas that require no capital? E.g. ebooks, and digital products. You can find a problem on quora/reddit and then create an ebook for that for example.

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022

TIA,
Find a partime job and start saving for Your business, I said part time because it allows to spend Your most important energy on building Your projects.

Cheers

Last edited:

Selfmadeujjwal

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 27, 2022
India
Do i need to be expert to write a ebook or creating a digital product and how'd i sell it without ad spent
Welcome! Then... could you do ideas that require no capital? E.g. ebooks, and digital products. You can find a problem on quora/reddit and then create an ebook for that for example.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Do i need to be expert to write a ebook or creating a digital product and how'd i sell it without ad spent
If you were to go that route, no I don't think you have to be an "expert", but your solution needs to work and you may need proof that it works. You can use organic methods like TikTok to grow a following and post some valuable content for that audience.

GiacoQ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 31, 2022
Devo essere esperto per scrivere un ebook o creare un prodotto digitale e come venderlo senza spese pubblicitarie
ciao, anche io non avevo grandi risorse economiche.
Allora mi sono guardato dentro: competenze, esperienza e passione. Creare ebook è una buona idea (poco investimento iniziale, mercato ampio anche se poco controllo e accessibilità). Non pensare a scrivere libri con tante parole....Se non hai esperienza comincia a creare Coloring Book, Mandala ecc...
Aumenta le competenze per vendere su Amazon. Da ebook poi video corsi per imparare a disegnare mandala e Geometria Sacra...poi studia marketing e come fare campagna lancio. E' un buon inizio.

Come posso aiutarti?

Giacomo

Selfmadeujjwal

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 27, 2022
India
ciao, anche io non avevo grandi risorse economiche.
Allora mi sono guardato dentro: competenze, esperienza e passione. Creare ebook è una buona idea (poco investimento iniziale, mercato ampio anche se poco controllo e accessibilità). Non pensare a scrivere libri con tante parole....Se non hai esperienza comincia a creare Coloring Book, Mandala ecc...
Aumenta le competenze per vendere su Amazon. Da ebook poi video corsi per imparare a disegnare mandala e Geometria Sacra...poi studia marketing e come fare campagna lancio. E' un buon inizio.

Come posso aiutarti?

Giacomo
You've given me a good idea

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.