The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Anything related to matters of the mind

JWM

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 14, 2018
Australia
So I've been at this entrepreneur thing for over a year, plus the couple of years before that fixing my mindset and habits. It's been tough, I've learned a lot and I've had many challenges along the way.

A couple of weeks ago I bumped into an old high school friend who owns a local cafe with his wife, haven't seen him for over 10 years. After chatting with him and catching up, I realised that whenever I felt like I was struggling or in a bad mood because I feel like something isn't working, I would think about my old friend.

He has a vision impairment, quite a severe one. He isn't completely blind, but legally blind. There are a lot of things this guy won't be able to do such as drive a car or ride a bike, read with ease and many other things. But the things he has done considering his impairment is impressive.

He owns and operated a local cafe, runs a cleaning business with his family, own a personal training business, is involved with a vision impairment organisation, helped start a blind football league, he is a dog trainer, does martial arts and does tai chi to help relax.

He keeps talking about having a positive attitude to everything and good things will happen, I believe him because he is proof. My business partner and I offered him a slice of a company we are planning to start. With his network of contacts, existing business projects and his mindset, he will be a great addition. And there's a lot to learn from someone like that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
That is a great point to keep in mind.

Just today I discovered the story of Jon Morrow. Same thing.

On Dying, Mothers, and Fighting for Your Ideas - Copyblogger

How to Quit Your Job, Move to Paradise and Get Paid to Change the World

Reading his story showed me that I have absolutely NOTHING to complain about. The guy is bringing in $100,000 / month when he has a fatal disease and can't move his body from the neck down.

So what am I moaning and complaining about?

Are my obstacles really that big?

*shaking my head at myself*

Tanu1234

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 4, 2018
So I've been at this entrepreneur thing for over a year, plus the couple of years before that fixing my mindset and habits. It's been tough, I've learned a lot and I've had many challenges along the way.

A couple of weeks ago I bumped into an old high school friend who owns a local cafe with his wife, haven't seen him for over 10 years. After chatting with him and catching up, I realised that whenever I felt like I was struggling or in a bad mood because I feel like something isn't working, I would think about my old friend.

He has a vision impairment, quite a severe one. He isn't completely blind, but legally blind. There are a lot of things this guy won't be able to do such as drive a car or ride a bike, read with ease and many other things. But the things he has done considering his impairment is impressive.

He owns and operated a local cafe, runs a cleaning business with his family, own a personal training business, is involved with a vision impairment organisation, helped start a blind football league, he is a dog trainer, does martial arts and does tai chi to help relax.

He keeps talking about having a positive attitude to everything and good things will happen, I believe him because he is proof. My business partner and I offered him a slice of a company we are planning to start. With his network of contacts, existing business projects and his mindset, he will be a great addition. And there's a lot to learn from someone like that.

Really inspirational.

We certainly feel our problem very small by reading this and 90% problems are created by our mind without any connection with reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
We certainly feel our problem very small by reading this and 90% problems are created by our mind without any connection with reality.

Agreed. Most of our problems are self-induced limiting beliefs and brain obstacles.

This game is won in the head.

Many reminders here at the forum... the Cheesecake Thread for instance is a perfect example of someone who's biggest problem isn't money, but their inner headspace.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.