The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Feel free to rip this idea to shreds if you think it sucks.

Idea threads

Razdaz87

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jul 20, 2014
Hi all. I was hoping some successful inventors(or anyone) would be willing to give their feedback on a product idea I have.

So here’s the story. As of now, I work in a bank 9 to 5. To no surprise, I have to wear dress shirts as part of the dress code. I take pride in how I dress, and long sleeve dress shirts are my staple. (Nothing against short sleeves; I just find them sloppy and lazy looking.)

I live in South Jersey and the summer months get fairly hot. On warm days, I prefer to roll my sleeves up. The only problem is, I can’t keep them UP. They constantly fall down, become loose and get wrinkled, which makes me look sloppy. It’s frustrating. Now, this problem has nagged me for awhile. I’ve looked up videos on the proper ways to roll up sleeves, but no special roll up technique has ever worked.

So I started thinking about a product that would help keep your sleeves rolled up, keep the roll tight and look great. No wrinkles!! As I was thinking, I thought about all the men and women that wear dress shirts to work and possibly have the same problem I have. Not to mention everyone who wear long sleeves for casual wear and want to roll up their sleeves to cool down on hot days and nights.

I searched google and amazon to see if there was something already on the market, and I found one item being sold. It even had a Kickstarter campaign that surpassed its goal in funding. I don’t know if that really validates demand, because there were only 11 reviews on Amazon. If anyone wants the link to check it out, I’d be more than happy to provide it.

I’ve been thinking of ways to make the product better and create a brand around it. But of course, I want to validate the idea before pouring time and resources into the product.

Now, just to be clear, I’m not on here to ask the exact steps to take. In fact, I want to figure that stuff out on my own. What I’m looking for is a very general start path, whether that be getting a mock prototype done or actually trying to get the idea in front of my target audience and testing the demand. I’m completely new to the inventing crowd. But I want to learn as much as I can.

So if anyone feels like commenting, please feel free to do so. Even if you want to tell me my idea sucks and go away, that’s fine too. I just want to learn and fail fast, if that’s what’s in the cards. Thanks a lot guys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
I think it's a pretty good idea.

I like to keep my sleeves rolled, especially when it's hot. Apparently there is an art to rolling your sleeves. Half the time I do it wrong and my wife fixes it. Then the roll gets undone. Very annoying.

JoelM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Feb 21, 2018
Maryland, MD
Hi all. I was hoping some successful inventors(or anyone) would be willing to give their feedback on a product idea I have.

So here’s the story. As of now, I work in a bank 9 to 5. To no surprise, I have to wear dress shirts as part of the dress code. I take pride in how I dress, and long sleeve dress shirts are my staple. (Nothing against short sleeves; I just find them sloppy and lazy looking.)

I live in South Jersey and the summer months get fairly hot. On warm days, I prefer to roll my sleeves up. The only problem is, I can’t keep them UP. They constantly fall down, become loose and get wrinkled, which makes me look sloppy. It’s frustrating. Now, this problem has nagged me for awhile. I’ve looked up videos on the proper ways to roll up sleeves, but no special roll up technique has ever worked.

So I started thinking about a product that would help keep your sleeves rolled up, keep the roll tight and look great. No wrinkles!! As I was thinking, I thought about all the men and women that wear dress shirts to work and possibly have the same problem I have. Not to mention everyone who wear long sleeves for casual wear and want to roll up their sleeves to cool down on hot days and nights.

I searched google and amazon to see if there was something already on the market, and I found one item being sold. It even had a Kickstarter campaign that surpassed its goal in funding. I don’t know if that really validates demand, because there were only 11 reviews on Amazon. If anyone wants the link to check it out, I’d be more than happy to provide it.

I’ve been thinking of ways to make the product better and create a brand around it. But of course, I want to validate the idea before pouring time and resources into the product.

Now, just to be clear, I’m not on here to ask the exact steps to take. In fact, I want to figure that stuff out on my own. What I’m looking for is a very general start path, whether that be getting a mock prototype done or actually trying to get the idea in front of my target audience and testing the demand. I’m completely new to the inventing crowd. But I want to learn as much as I can.

So if anyone feels like commenting, please feel free to do so. Even if you want to tell me my idea sucks and go away, that’s fine too. I just want to learn and fail fast, if that’s what’s in the cards. Thanks a lot guys.
I don't know the market for this article or if there are products out there but I can tell some professions require people to roll up their sleeves on occasions. For example, in the military this is the standard at many duty stations. Maybe target a particular profession or uniform that has high demand.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.