The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If you only had 2 months to make money as much as possible, what would you do?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
G

Guest84834

Imagine this scenario,

A psychopath comes to your door and tells you this:
"From Today to the next 2 months, the amount of money you make decides if you get to live or not. You have no choice but to play this game of LIFE and DEATH."

Rules:

1. You are competing with 99 players.

2. You are given 2 months of time to make as much money as possible.

3. At end of the 2 months, you are judged by the amount of money you made within that time.

4. It's like school but marks are replaced with the amount of money you make.

5. Every player that you competed with gets their own rank ( the person who makes the least amount of money gets 100th rank and the person who made the most money gets 1st rank. ).
-- The chances of the 100th player not getting murdered is 0%.
-- The chances of the 1st player not getting murdered is 100%.

6. (For example): If you get 2nd rank, your chances of survival is 98%.
: If you get 90th rank, your chances of survival is 10%.

7. Your goal is to increase your chances of surviving as much as possible.

8. You cannot use your pre-existing source of income.

9. You can borrow money but you need to repay before 2 months.

10. The psychopath feeds you a pill that makes you only speak the truth.

Time ticks and ticks...

You have no choice but to fight for your survival,
How would you fight for your life, or is it just "luck"?

EDIT: Some people got it wrong. The skills can be used if you can learn it within 2 months.
I wanted to see how closer I could get towards my goals if I shortened the time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Bella

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Dec 19, 2020
Imagine this scenario,

"From Today to the next 2 months, the amount of money you make decides if you get to live or not. You have no choice but to play this game of LIFE and DEATH."

Rules:

3. At end of the 2 months, you are judged by the amount of money you made within that time.

5. Every player that you competed with gets their own rank ( the person who makes the least amount of money gets 100th rank and the person who made the most money gets 1st rank. ).

9. You also can't use your professional skills to make money.

10. You cannot borrow money.

The time ticks and ticks...

Good Lord! Quite an intriguing write-up. Pretty thought provoking too. Before I dive into what I will do, here are quick questions. The money accumulated....does it have to be in a certain currency? How will Mr psychopath keep tabs on all participants all day, everyday till the 2 months timeframe is over?
Do I even have the right to ask questions and try gaining clarity so I can have a focused game plan?

G

Guest84834

Good Lord! Quite an intriguing write-up. Pretty thought provoking too. Before I dive into what I will do, here are quick questions. The money accumulated....does it have to be in a certain currency? How will Mr psychopath keep tabs on all participants all day, everyday till the 2 months timeframe is over?
Do I even have the right to ask questions and try gaining clarity so I can have a focused game plan?
International currency is used. Each person will be ranked by how much they made. Mr Psychopath feeds you a pill that makes you only spit the truth.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
So second place is a better chance to die than covid?

My real answer... Be the psychopath.

Last edited:
D

Deleted78083

Instead of "making money", it would have been more interesting to solve a problem.

Eg:

- You have two months to solve hunger
- You have two months to solve malaria
- You have two months to make a covid vaccine
- You have two months to make an electric plane
- You have two months to find a way to recycle nuclear waste

Etc

G

Guest-5ty5s4

We come up with questions like this early in our journey, expecting some brilliant response that can be copied.

But the results are always the same.

There are people who can make millions in two months, but it took them 20 years to build the machine that allows them to do that.

This is the "Golden Goose." You can't get "Golden Eggs" without the goose.

Instead of trying to generate more eggs out of nothing, start growing your goose.

You have something to start with, even if it's not impressive. So just start.

Bella

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Dec 19, 2020
International currency is used. Each person will be ranked by how much they made. Mr Psychopath feeds you a pill that makes you only spit the truth.
Looks like I am going with Kak's response on this one. Why? Ponder on this:- what is the 100% guarantee I actually end up surviving if I do come up with an elaborate way to make the highest amout of money within the designated timeframe? Why on earth will I even blindly trust whatever a psychopath (male or female) who knocks on my door and spews forth such a story says? He/she is human correct? Oh-oh, this person is so gonna end up killing all the 100 participants and then boom, he/she will keep the entire money.
Imma be the psychopath, thanks:/

Last edited:

Bella

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Dec 19, 2020
Instead of "making money", it would have been more interesting to solve a problem.

Eg:

- You have two months to solve hunger
- You have two months to solve malaria
- You have two months to make a covid vaccine
- You have two months to make an electric plane
- You have two months to find a way to recycle nuclear waste

Etc
Quite frankly, I agree. Creating value or brain storming for ways to solve problems sounds real cool. Then again, maybe the owner of that write-up was just curious? Putting that scenerio out there to see what sort of replies it generates...
We never can tell until we look through the other person's point of view. Correct me if I am wrong.

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
Why is it always about getting rich fast.

Guys lean back and enjoy life. All of our lives will come to an end eventually. The above "scenario" is for most of us just real life with different speed settings.

Bella

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Dec 19, 2020

Guys lean back and enjoy life. All of our lives will come to an end eventually. The above "scenario" is for most of us just real life with different speed settings.
Lean back and enjoy life? Pray tell, how does one do that when deep in debt, one paycheck away from financial ruin (that too with relatives dependent on this person), having to stay strong even though giving up sounds like an appealing option, wanting to travel the world (but oh you barely have enough to your name!), and knowing fully well that there is money out there in the world?
I reside in a country where poverty is an almsot daily reminder of the one state I do not want to be in.
Now you say lean back and enjoy life? Smell the roses even? Sure. Easy as pie.
(Pardon the sarcasm but I am honestly not a huge fan of the line "lean back & enjoy life").
There is so much one human can take you know. We all have our breaking point.
Then again, what do I know.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
With no existing skills or professional network, it seems the best way would be sales. But then again, you'd have to learn sales, which can take longer than 2 months. Sounds like a defeatist's question.

D

Deleted50669

It's not about getting rich fast, it's about executing ASAP. "Lean back and enjoy life" is some textbook slowlane dogma. There's no room for that here. Life is too short to waste it being unsuccessful / unproductive. That comes after the success event, if ever.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Well this sounds like one of those give me ideas on how to make money using the current state that I'm in. Since I have no skills, no money and can't borrow money, let's see what others would do.

Frankly, this makes no sense and you aren't going to get any answer because if nobody can use any skills then what? We all just sit around and do nothing?

I would go get a job at xxxxx, but wait, I can't use my skills.
Ok, I would go flip cars, but wait, I can't use my sales skills or my skills on Offerup

So I guess I'm going to beg on the street corner, because quite honestly, if I have $100 at the end of 2 months, I'm probably in the top 1% of contestants and have a 99% chance of surviving... oh but wait, I can't use my begging skills.

G

Guest84834

Well this sounds like one of those give me ideas on how to make money using the current state that I'm in. Since I have no skills, no money and can't borrow money, let's see what others would do.

Frankly, this makes no sense and you aren't going to get any answer because if nobody can use any skills then what? We all just sit around and do nothing?

I would go get a job at xxxxx, but wait, I can't use my skills.
Ok, I would go flip cars, but wait, I can't use my sales skills or my skills on Offerup

So I guess I'm going to beg on the street corner, because quite honestly, if I have $100 at the end of 2 months, I'm probably in the top 1% of contestants and have a 99% chance of surviving... oh but wait, I can't use my begging skills.
Oops I never meant the rules to be like this. The only skills you can use is the one you learn within the time period of 2 months.

EDIT:
I changed the rules to:
You can borrow money but need to repay within 2 months.
You can use skills that you got from experience,
that is,
you can use copywriting skills if you learned it in a problem-by-problem basis.

Last edited by a moderator:

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015
Imagine this scenario,

Rules:

9. You can borrow money but you need to repay before 2 months.

10. The psychopath feeds you a pill that makes you only speak the truth.

Time ticks and ticks...

EDIT: Some people got it wrong. The skills can be used if you can learn it within 2 months.
I wanted to see how closer I could get towards my goals if I shortened the time.

So a psychopath arrives on your doorstep and tells you that he's going to murder you if you don't win his game?

Obviously the thing to do is to invite him in for a cup of tea, stab in the neck when he takes his first sip, dismember him in your bathtub and dispose of the body parts in neat little bags you can drop in public garbage cans.

Scratch that, stabbing would make a mess, and that takes extra time to clean. Put rat poison in the tea, and perhaps bludgeon him for good measure with that useless-for-anything-but-bludgeoning oversized granite book end that your cousin found at the flea market and decided would get him off the hook for your birthday present. Then instead of dismembering the body, pour some vodka on it, blast some party music and when night falls, stagger out the front door carrying him under his arms, being careful to make him seem at least a little lively like he's super drunk. Make sure you make lots of loud comments about his being a liquor fiend and how to be honest you think he's got a problem - for the benefit of any neighbors. Throw him in the front seat of your car, and then just dump him in an alley somewhere. Make sure he's dead though so he doesn't come back with murderous intentions.

There you go. You win on the first day. Now you can spend the next two months trying to make a million dollars instantly, fail but survive, learn from your mistake and then adopt a more patient approach.

G

Guest84834

So a psychopath arrives on your doorstep and tells you that he's going to murder you if you don't win his game?

Obviously the thing to do is to invite him in for a cup of tea, stab in the neck when he takes his first sip, dismember him in your bathtub and dispose of the body parts in neat little bags you can drop in public garbage cans.

Scratch that, stabbing would make a mess, and that takes extra time to clean. Put rat poison in the tea, and perhaps bludgeon him for good measure with that useless-for-anything-but-bludgeoning oversized granite book end that your cousin found at the flea market and decided would get him off the hook for your birthday present. Then instead of dismembering the body, pour some vodka on it, blast some party music and when night falls, stagger out the front door carrying him under his arms, being careful to make him seem at least a little lively like he's super drunk. Make sure you make lots of loud comments about his being a liquor fiend and how to be honest you think he's got a problem - for the benefit of any neighbors. Throw him in the front seat of your car, and then just dump him in an alley somewhere. Make sure he's dead though so he doesn't come back with murderous intentions.

There you go. You win on the first day. Now you can spend the next two months trying to make a million dollars instantly, fail but survive, learn from your mistake and then adopt a more patient approach.
Can we have a LOVE+ HAHA reaction?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
If I had no skills then I’d try the following:

Join Facebook groups of business owners.

Be a supportive and engaged member of the community.

Create a simple post asking “Anyone interested in getting a Facebook page cover created for $xx?”.

Create a Canva or Snappa account (do they have free accounts?).

Create the Facebook page covers.

Get testimonials.

Take it from there.

EDITS:

1) I’d start by just posting that question to my personal profile and to anyone who already knows me.

2) I didn’t really read the rules. I’d rather feed simple questions to the super computer between my ears and let it solve them. (Be careful of what questions you ask it... it will work in the background to solve them.)

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I would try break the "buried alive record".

It is set by another Irish man:

The plan:

- Approach major betting agency > Paddy powers is Irish based and loves this kinda thing.

- Make a deal > 1 million euros cash if I break this record, they get to advertise it as much as they want

- Find a box and hook up some cameras, social media, and other promotional gear

- Find a crew to work the "surface" > security, air and food etc

- Start challenge

- Earn a million (maybe)

---

I think the timing is perfect and the betting agency would be game. They win a lot either way.

I t wouldn't be quite possible to do it in your two month span but I give this plan a 20-40% chance at netting me a million.

Guaranteed it would get global viral press. If you ran a funny twitter account while doing this it would for sure get major traction.

I actually thought this over (for fun) before and was considering going ahead with it.

62 days + is along time underground though and my biggest fear would be someone messing with the air intake.

As far as stupid but actually possible ways to make a million with zero skills though I think this wins.

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015
I would try break the "buried alive record".

It is set by another Irish man:

The plan:

- Approach major betting agency > Paddy powers is Irish based and loves this kinda thing.

- Make a deal > 1 million euros cash if I break this record, they get to advertise it as much as they want

- Find a box and hook up some cameras, social media, and other promotional gear

- Find a crew to work the "surface" > security, air and food etc

- Start challenge

- Earn a million (maybe)

---

I think the timing is perfect and the betting agency would be game. They win a lot either way.

I don't quite do it in your two month span but I give this plan a 20-40% chance at netting me a million.

Why haven't I done it yet? I hate small spaces ha.

Lol dude don't give him ideas that get this thread renamed "Don't get rich because you died trying".

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Lol dude don't give him ideas that get this thread renamed "Don't get rich because you died trying".

Stupid games win stupid prizes ha.

If someone wants a million dollars fast here it is.

But ya the last guy who tried to bet the record died - I think it all caved in.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Stupid games win stupid prizes ha.

If someone wants a million dollars fast here it is.

But ya the last guy who tried to bet the record died - I think it all caved in.

Maybe I'm a wimpy nerd, but I would choose something that doesn't offer the chance of dying, lol!!

Can't enjoy your millions if you're dead.

That was a very interesting backstory.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Maybe I'm a wimpy nerd, but I would choose something that doesn't offer the chance of dying, lol!!

Can't enjoy your millions if you're dead.

That was a very interesting backstory.

Ha same.

I just always find these threads ridiculous so I wanted to give an "actual possible but super risky" plan haha.

I legit think this would work as far as sponsorship/press goes.

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
Lean back and enjoy life? Pray tell, how does one do that when deep in debt, one paycheck away from financial ruin (that too with relatives dependent on this person), having to stay strong even though giving up sounds like an appealing option, wanting to travel the world (but oh you barely have enough to your name!), and knowing fully well that there is money out there in the world?
I reside in a country where poverty is an almsot daily reminder of the one state I do not want to be in.
Now you say lean back and enjoy life? Smell the roses even? Sure. Easy as pie.
(Pardon the sarcasm but I am honestly not a huge fan of the line "lean back & enjoy life").
There is so much one human can take you know. We all have our breaking point.
Then again, what do I know.

It's not about getting rich fast, it's about executing ASAP. "Lean back and enjoy life" is some textbook slowlane dogma. There's no room for that here. Life is too short to waste it being unsuccessful / unproductive. That comes after the success event, if ever.
Truth is, the likelyhood of you succeeding ASAP is extremely low and you are more likely to significantly damage your mental health to the point of severe depression and burn out (which btw you will never recover from regardless of your success). Rather, I believe you have been reading too much crap about how sacrificial entrepreneurship should be. Classical mistake is to think your life will change significantly after you have become rich. Other than the financial situation, you will more or less be the same person with the same likes and dislikes.

To correct your misunderstanding of my comment; you are supposed to enjoy the process of entrepreneurship and enjoy the experiences it gives you. There is no need to get rich asap. You can also lean back, enjoy the moment and succeed in entrepreneurship.

Its a marathon and not a sprint and this little difference is why so many of you burn out in this game and never make it.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas

Please SEARCH before posting.