- Joined
- Aug 26, 2014
- Messages
- 305
- Location
- Texas. (Mars during summer)
Rep Bank
$1,015
$1,015
User Power: 143%
Hi guys, I haven't been on this forum for a while, but that doesn't mean that I haven't been active. I have been... quite a lot. I am tired like s-it, but still moving. Without going into details, I have been active mainly in the government field, networking, making connections and more than everything else, working and learning as much as possible, joining boards etc.
I would like to know your perspective on this... wether you're a fastlaner with a billion dollar business, or a high-school dropout, what would you bring to the table if a government official called to his office in order to understand how to help you and business in general?
One thing I am interested is to see what would you ask/tell depending on the different levels of government. What would you ask to your municipal government? How about state? How about Federal? (if you live outside of the US, please adapt the questions to your government).
Now, why am I asking? Because I believe that business if fundamental to good government. The more I am involved the more I notice that there are two point of views: business oriented vs. welfare oriented.
Trust me: in (US) government, and with closed doors, there is no middle ground. There is no "well, let's help businesses so that we can help poor people" or viceversa. It's like ingrained philosophy. I am not here to explain the how's and why's (I truly don't know the answers), but the more I see government budgets, public finance, and citizen behaviors the more I believe that good, sound businesses is pivotal to have a better government.
Thanks!
PS: of course, the answer "government stay out of it!" is standard, so please avoid it! lol
I would like to know your perspective on this... wether you're a fastlaner with a billion dollar business, or a high-school dropout, what would you bring to the table if a government official called to his office in order to understand how to help you and business in general?
One thing I am interested is to see what would you ask/tell depending on the different levels of government. What would you ask to your municipal government? How about state? How about Federal? (if you live outside of the US, please adapt the questions to your government).
Now, why am I asking? Because I believe that business if fundamental to good government. The more I am involved the more I notice that there are two point of views: business oriented vs. welfare oriented.
Trust me: in (US) government, and with closed doors, there is no middle ground. There is no "well, let's help businesses so that we can help poor people" or viceversa. It's like ingrained philosophy. I am not here to explain the how's and why's (I truly don't know the answers), but the more I see government budgets, public finance, and citizen behaviors the more I believe that good, sound businesses is pivotal to have a better government.
Thanks!
PS: of course, the answer "government stay out of it!" is standard, so please avoid it! lol
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
