The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If there is an award for action faking..

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
A Tiny island down the ocean (Ceylon)
that grand award goes to me.

By this October, I would be here for two years and I can't express my gratitude to this place and especially for @MjDemacro in words .

During my stay here I've grown as a person and learnt many amazing lessons of REAL LIFE thanks to this forum and Mr.DeMarco's books but in regards to making it to fastlane, I've not achieved that much.

I've just realized that everything happens in your mind.Your mind could either be your biggest ally or your worst enemy in existence.But to make that shift, some needs more time because most of us are too caught up in what's going outside of ourselves and we forget that what's inside ourselves is what matters.So for me it definitely took more than it should be.

Stepped into this place as a Sidewalker and as a victim of life.Before I found this place, I dabbled around all sort of internet marketing gigs ranging from being an affiliate in clickbank to blogging till my computer keyboard couldn't take it anymore, oh how can I forget me trying to grab $5 from innocent fiverr clients!

But all of 'em happened for a good reason.Within three years into the trade of chasing money I knew that I was doing something very wrong.So what do you think my next step was?I stopped all those stupid money chasing things and started the quest of finding how to really make money and I ignore all those "Get-rich quick" programs.

After few months my quest was completed.How? I found TMF book like some god-sent gift to me.Read it incessantly and again my event driven mind thought I hit the jackpot. Sidewalking mindset was still had a bigger upper hand on me and my mind. Instead of really starting something that add value to people, I started to learn various things, hoping that those things will someday going to help me to create one of the best product that has never ever been invented before.And this is where my action faking and mind numbing mental whacking got its initiation.I had enrolled in courses from edx and coursera, completed few but many are still uncompleted.The courses my scripted mind enrolled varied from marketing to selling to computer science.Heck I even enrolled in AI and IOT courses in edx thinking that someday I am gonna build something related to those things.For that fleeting moment it really feels great and you think to yourself "I am on my way to success".But what in fact going on is that you are just trying to ignore the real work and started to do things that gives you few hours of dopamine hit.

My action faking didn't stop there. I indeed found a problem and I went on to solve it but still my mind didn't let me to immerse myself in the process.Looking for the easy way out, my mind wandered around for the next best thing which is an another easy problem to solve and here I am still as an aspiring entrepreneur after almost a year and half.But within another year my aspiring status will be no more because now I am truly going to start a process of solving a problem I have found.

Anyway it's absolutely great that I learnt this hard way. Now I know how to action fake so whenever I started to do it again I could stop myself from doing it.Actually I am so freaking tired of action faking and circle jerking.I had enough of action faking.However I couldn't be more happy that I did it. Hadn't it for that I wouldn't learn it. I add this as another lesson into my "Life-Lesson"

So for the people who are starting out, for the love yourself,please don't do any kind of action faking.Don't do any mental whacking.Go right into the process of solving problem for peole and the ones you have .Do remember that PROCESS is what matters.Without it you can never achieve anything.Take it from this guy who did more than enough action faking that anyone could ever do

To condense what I learned from my stay at this extraordinary and rare place,

• PROCESS is everything.
  • Don't do any mental whacking.
  • Goals are good only if they facilitate a process.
  • You aren't going any where if you are looking for that one something that helps you to hit the jackpot.

And also I learnt that entrepreneurship is a sport and it is not for everyone.It's a ajourney of learning & problem solving and those lessons turns into wisdom that can't be found in books.Even if you find you aren't going to take it seriously.

So thank you for reading and please never do any action faking.It's better to go through the long hard process than just jumping from one thing to another.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Danny Sullivan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 2, 2018
Germany
Sometimes it's hard to distinguish one from the other. But there's a trick that works (at least for me).

Take a piece of paper, write "Am i productive right now? Or just busy?" on it and pin it on a wall within sight. If you're not in this room all day, you can set up alarms every 1-2 hours while working - "Productive or busy?"

It sounds weird, but it works. If you get caught by this in the middle of something - and realize... damn it... i'm honestly not really doing anything productive, i'm just skipping time. It sharpens your focus. I like it a lot.

Maybe this can help you too. Best of luck!

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
Sometimes it's hard to distinguish one from the other. But there's a trick that works (at least for me).

Take a piece of paper, write "Am i productive right now? Or just busy?" on it and pin it on a wall within sight. If you're not in this room all day, you can set up alarms every 1-2 hours while working - "Productive or busy?"

It sounds weird, but it works. If you get caught by this in the middle of something - and realize... damn it... i'm honestly not really doing anything productive, i'm just skipping time. It sharpens your focus. I like it a lot.

Maybe this can help you too. Best of luck!

Hey thanks for the tip which I definitely gonna apply starting from now

This weekend I am gonna take a rest from my action faking routine and just going to relax out so that I could start over the right process.I got too caught up in the waves of action faking that I truly mistaken it for taking action.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
This weekend I am gonna take a rest from my action faking routine and just going to relax out so that I could start over the right process.

From somebody who has been in your shoes, this is the wrong attitude. It sounds like you’re saying “I’ll change and start taking action but...not until Monday”

As MJ says so eloquently in Unscripted “do freaking something” this weekend. You said you identified a problem that needs solving, PERFECT! Take that and start now, not after your relaxing weekend. Dive into it and make progress, no matter how small the progress may be it will snowball into more and more.

The action fake is a tough habit to break. Great advice from @Danny Sullivan above.

I am by no means the most productive person on earth, but this is what helped me. As the saying goes, “the best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, the second best time is ____”

Finish that sentence off and get to it.

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
From somebody who has been in your shoes, this is the wrong attitude. It sounds like you’re saying “I’ll change and start taking action but...not until Monday”

As MJ says so eloquently in Unscripted “do freaking something” this weekend. You said you identified a problem that needs solving, PERFECT! Take that and start now, not after your relaxing weekend. Dive into it and make progress, no matter how small the progress may be it will snowball into more and more.

The action fake is a tough habit to break. Great advice from @Danny Sullivan above.

I am by no means the most productive person on earth, but this is what helped me. As the saying goes, “the best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, the second best time is ____”

Finish that sentence off and get to it.

Yeah you are right.I must start now.Further I must look on to where did I go wrong.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
It’s amazing what you can get done once you begin. The first step for me has always been the hardest but then I get more done in a week than I did the previous 6 months before.

Danny Sullivan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 2, 2018
Germany
Instead of looking back on what you did wrong in all this time - just learn as you go forward. There's no reason to cry over spilled milk. Failure is the stepping stone to success.

And i would argue that it is important to have a goal / direction. You might end up building yourself a whole lot of processes and beeing so caught up, that you have no exit point and keep pushing for the sake of pushing.

And i'm not talking about material things like "I want to have Ferrari in 3 years, or 10 million $ in 5 years" or anything like that. I'm talking about desired experiences in your life (which i learned about from Frank Kern).

If you got some spare time, i'd recommend you sit down and answer the following questions that Frank asked in a core influencer speech:

When you think about the perfect day, it’s important not think about stuff (things). We’re going for experiences.

In this perfect day... the more detailed you get about this, the more clear you become and the more profound your outcome will be! Imagine - whatever you write down here now - this will be the day you have to live for the rest of your life.

Where would you live?

What would your house look like?

What time would you wake up?

What would you do in the morning?

What would you have for breakfast?

What does the mundane stuff look like?

What would you spend the first half of your day doing?

What would you have for lunch?

Who would you eat with?

What would your friends be like?

What would you do for personal fulfillment?

What life purpose would you strive towards?

What would your business be?

What time would you start work?

What would you actually do at work?

What are your clients like?

What's your relationship like?

What would you do for family time?

What would you have for dinner?

Where would you eat?

Who would you eat with?

What would you talk about?

What would you do at night?

Who would you do it with?

Where?

What would your thoughts be as you went to sleep?

These questions are all based on desired experiences ... not goals or things. Remember that our experiences help shape our identity.

And suddenly you might become more aware when making decisions. You can write this down into a notebook and look it up whenever you're facing difficult decisions or hardtimes. Will whatever i'm doing now help pushing me forward towards my direction?

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Instead of looking back on what you did wrong in all this time - just learn as you go forward. There's no reason to cry over spilled milk. Failure is the stepping stone to success.

And i would argue that it is important to have a goal / direction. You might end up building yourself a whole lot of processes and beeing so caught up, that you have no exit point and keep pushing for the sake of pushing.

And i'm not talking about material things like "I want to have Ferrari in 3 years, or 10 million $ in 5 years" or anything like that. I'm talking about desired experiences in your life (which i learned about from Frank Kern).

If you got some spare time, i'd recommend you sit down and answer the following questions that Frank asked in a core influencer speech:

When you think about the perfect day, it’s important not think about stuff (things). We’re going for experiences.

In this perfect day... the more detailed you get about this, the more clear you become and the more profound your outcome will be! Imagine - whatever you write down here now - this will be the day you have to live for the rest of your life.

Where would you live?

What would your house look like?

What time would you wake up?

What would you do in the morning?

What would you have for breakfast?

What does the mundane stuff look like?

What would you spend the first half of your day doing?

What would you have for lunch?

Who would you eat with?

What would your friends be like?

What would you do for personal fulfillment?

What life purpose would you strive towards?

What would your business be?

What time would you start work?

What would you actually do at work?

What are your clients like?

What's your relationship like?

What would you do for family time?

What would you have for dinner?

Where would you eat?

Who would you eat with?

What would you talk about?

What would you do at night?

Who would you do it with?

Where?

What would your thoughts be as you went to sleep?

These questions are all based on desired experiences ... not goals or things. Remember that our experiences help shape our identity.

And suddenly you might become more aware when making decisions. You can write this down into a notebook and look it up whenever you're facing difficult decisions or hardtimes. Will whatever i'm doing now help pushing me forward towards my direction?

Thank you, Awesome share.

NeatStranger

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Dec 28, 2018
Phoenix Arizona
that grand award goes to me.

By this October, I would be here for two years and I can't express my gratitude to this place and especially for @MjDemacro in words .

During my stay here I've grown as a person and learnt many amazing lessons of REAL LIFE thanks to this forum and Mr.DeMarco's books but in regards to making it to fastlane, I've not achieved that much.

I've just realized that everything happens in your mind.Your mind could either be your biggest ally or your worst enemy in existence.But to make that shift, some needs more time because most of us are too caught up in what's going outside of ourselves and we forget that what's inside ourselves is what matters.So for me it definitely took more than it should be.

Stepped into this place as a Sidewalker and as a victim of life.Before I found this place, I dabbled around all sort of internet marketing gigs ranging from being an affiliate in clickbank to blogging till my computer keyboard couldn't take it anymore, oh how can I forget me trying to grab $5 from innocent fiverr clients!

But all of 'em happened for a good reason.Within three years into the trade of chasing money I knew that I was doing something very wrong.So what do you think my next step was?I stopped all those stupid money chasing things and started the quest of finding how to really make money and I ignore all those "Get-rich quick" programs.

After few months my quest was completed.How? I found TMF book like some god-sent gift to me.Read it incessantly and again my event driven mind thought I hit the jackpot. Sidewalking mindset was still had a bigger upper hand on me and my mind. Instead of really starting something that add value to people, I started to learn various things, hoping that those things will someday going to help me to create one of the best product that has never ever been invented before.And this is where my action faking and mind numbing mental whacking got its initiation.I had enrolled in courses from edx and coursera, completed few but many are still uncompleted.The courses my scripted mind enrolled varied from marketing to selling to computer science.Heck I even enrolled in AI and IOT courses in edx thinking that someday I am gonna build something related to those things.For that fleeting moment it really feels great and you think to yourself "I am on my way to success".But what in fact going on is that you are just trying to ignore the real work and started to do things that gives you few hours of dopamine hit.

My action faking didn't stop there. I indeed found a problem and I went on to solve it but still my mind didn't let me to immerse myself in the process.Looking for the easy way out, my mind wandered around for the next best thing which is an another easy problem to solve and here I am still as an aspiring entrepreneur after almost a year and half.But within another year my aspiring status will be no more because now I am truly going to start a process of solving a problem I have found.

Anyway it's absolutely great that I learnt this hard way. Now I know how to action fake so whenever I started to do it again I could stop myself from doing it.Actually I am so freaking tired of action faking and circle jerking.I had enough of action faking.However I couldn't be more happy that I did it. Hadn't it for that I wouldn't learn it. I add this as another lesson into my "Life-Lesson"

So for the people who are starting out, for the love yourself,please don't do any kind of action faking.Don't do any mental whacking.Go right into the process of solving problem for peole and the ones you have .Do remember that PROCESS is what matters.Without it you can never achieve anything.Take it from this guy who did more than enough action faking that anyone could ever do

To condense what I learned from my stay at this extraordinary and rare place,

• PROCESS is everything.
  • Don't do any mental whacking.
  • Goals are good only if they facilitate a process.
  • You aren't going any where if you are looking for that one something that helps you to hit the jackpot.

And also I learnt that entrepreneurship is a sport and it is not for everyone.It's a ajourney of learning & problem solving and those lessons turns into wisdom that can't be found in books.Even if you find you aren't going to take it seriously.

So thank you for reading and please never do any action faking.It's better to go through the long hard process than just jumping from one thing to another.
Thank you for this post. I really needed this today.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.