The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ideas for blog name? How do you find good names for you website/project?

Idea threads

techro

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 1, 2021
Europe
I'm starting a blog where I'll be posting tutorials/guides about programming/game development. I already made the website on my development server and have a ton of ideas lined up. The only thing missing is the website name. No matter how long I brainstorm, I just can't come up with a short and catchy title that represents my niche.
What is your process of thinking up good names?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bruno Calisso

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 26, 2019
Portugal
I'm starting a blog where I'll be posting tutorials/guides about programming/game development. I already made the website on my development server and have a ton of ideas lined up. The only thing missing is the website name. No matter how long I brainstorm, I just can't come up with a short and catchy title that represents my niche.
Some years ago I made a giant research on naming and came to the conclusion that better than a catchy word is two or three words together that have a real meaning.

Lets say your website/business is about brainstorms, better than Brainstormed, Brainstormr or this usual nonsense you would do better with something like Cultivate Your Brainstorm.

It's even better for SEO, for the people to remember and search it, and easily more achievable since small names are already taken.

Cheers.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Squadhelp.com

CruxisKnight

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jan 7, 2021
My process for coming up with unique google-able names are take a random word in your niche and misspell it.

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
Leandomainsearch. Type in your keyword and it will give you domains containing that keyword that are available. Pick out some prefixes and suffixes that you may not have thought of, and try some different combinations to see what is available.

trylks

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 4, 2020
Europe
Some years ago I made a giant research on naming and came to the conclusion that better than a catchy word is two or three words together that have a real meaning.
This.

MakingGames.com or something similar, if considering to get a URL. If you already have the URL then "The Game Development Blog".

GL;HF

Tom H.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Dec 13, 2019
Jaco, Costa Rica
I own the domain zerototetris.com which is intended for a similar purpose.

I used to own the domain crypto bible.com I wish I still had it, I've gotten offers to sell, but I stopped renewing it a few years ago.

Like @Bruno Calisso said, 2-3 words is better.

A lot of the time my strategy is to look for technical terms that are specific to the niche, like if you were doing fishing you have words like "gills" an and "reel".

Game program is full of cool terms.

ShaderPro, PixelQuest, CollisionDetection, LevelUp<Whatever>

techro

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 1, 2021
Europe
I own the domain zerototetris.com which is intended for a similar purpose.

I used to own the domain crypto bible.com I wish I still had it, I've gotten offers to sell, but I stopped renewing it a few years ago.

Like @Bruno Calisso said, 2-3 words is better.

A lot of the time my strategy is to look for technical terms that are specific to the niche, like if you were doing fishing you have words like "gills" an and "reel".

Game program is full of cool terms.

ShaderPro, PixelQuest, CollisionDetection, LevelUp<Whatever>
Thanks for the tip!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!