The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Ideas for blog name? How do you find good names for you website/project?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

techro

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
May 1, 2021
Europe
I'm starting a blog where I'll be posting tutorials/guides about programming/game development. I already made the website on my development server and have a ton of ideas lined up. The only thing missing is the website name. No matter how long I brainstorm, I just can't come up with a short and catchy title that represents my niche.
What is your process of thinking up good names?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Bruno Calisso

Contributor
Mar 26, 2019
Portugal
I'm starting a blog where I'll be posting tutorials/guides about programming/game development. I already made the website on my development server and have a ton of ideas lined up. The only thing missing is the website name. No matter how long I brainstorm, I just can't come up with a short and catchy title that represents my niche.
Some years ago I made a giant research on naming and came to the conclusion that better than a catchy word is two or three words together that have a real meaning.

Lets say your website/business is about brainstorms, better than Brainstormed, Brainstormr or this usual nonsense you would do better with something like Cultivate Your Brainstorm.

It's even better for SEO, for the people to remember and search it, and easily more achievable since small names are already taken.

Cheers.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 26, 2012
Squadhelp.com

CruxisKnight

Contributor
Jan 7, 2021
My process for coming up with unique google-able names are take a random word in your niche and misspell it.

jdm667

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
Leandomainsearch. Type in your keyword and it will give you domains containing that keyword that are available. Pick out some prefixes and suffixes that you may not have thought of, and try some different combinations to see what is available.

trylks

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 4, 2020
Europe
Some years ago I made a giant research on naming and came to the conclusion that better than a catchy word is two or three words together that have a real meaning.
This.

MakingGames.com or something similar, if considering to get a URL. If you already have the URL then "The Game Development Blog".

GL;HF

Tom H.

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2019
Jaco, Costa Rica
I own the domain zerototetris.com which is intended for a similar purpose.

I used to own the domain crypto bible.com I wish I still had it, I've gotten offers to sell, but I stopped renewing it a few years ago.

Like @Bruno Calisso said, 2-3 words is better.

A lot of the time my strategy is to look for technical terms that are specific to the niche, like if you were doing fishing you have words like "gills" an and "reel".

Game program is full of cool terms.

ShaderPro, PixelQuest, CollisionDetection, LevelUp<Whatever>

techro

New Contributor
May 1, 2021
Europe
I own the domain zerototetris.com which is intended for a similar purpose.

I used to own the domain crypto bible.com I wish I still had it, I've gotten offers to sell, but I stopped renewing it a few years ago.

Like @Bruno Calisso said, 2-3 words is better.

A lot of the time my strategy is to look for technical terms that are specific to the niche, like if you were doing fishing you have words like "gills" an and "reel".

Game program is full of cool terms.

ShaderPro, PixelQuest, CollisionDetection, LevelUp<Whatever>
Thanks for the tip!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
I attended the live session, really loved it! It gives some useful and practical tips on how to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Three things: 1. Discord Chat is open. Click here for free access. 2. New YouTube Channel...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Its for students who have joined. Did you sign up? Hey Rob, been watching your infoproduct and...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom