The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Ideas for blog name? How do you find good names for you website/project?

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

techro

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
May 1, 2021
Europe
I'm starting a blog where I'll be posting tutorials/guides about programming/game development. I already made the website on my development server and have a ton of ideas lined up. The only thing missing is the website name. No matter how long I brainstorm, I just can't come up with a short and catchy title that represents my niche.
What is your process of thinking up good names?

Bruno Calisso

Contributor
Mar 26, 2019
Portugal
I'm starting a blog where I'll be posting tutorials/guides about programming/game development. I already made the website on my development server and have a ton of ideas lined up. The only thing missing is the website name. No matter how long I brainstorm, I just can't come up with a short and catchy title that represents my niche.
Some years ago I made a giant research on naming and came to the conclusion that better than a catchy word is two or three words together that have a real meaning.

Lets say your website/business is about brainstorms, better than Brainstormed, Brainstormr or this usual nonsense you would do better with something like Cultivate Your Brainstorm.

It's even better for SEO, for the people to remember and search it, and easily more achievable since small names are already taken.

Cheers.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 26, 2012
Squadhelp.com

CruxisKnight

Contributor
Jan 7, 2021
My process for coming up with unique google-able names are take a random word in your niche and misspell it.

jdm667

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
Leandomainsearch. Type in your keyword and it will give you domains containing that keyword that are available. Pick out some prefixes and suffixes that you may not have thought of, and try some different combinations to see what is available.

trylks

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 4, 2020
Europe
Some years ago I made a giant research on naming and came to the conclusion that better than a catchy word is two or three words together that have a real meaning.
This.

MakingGames.com or something similar, if considering to get a URL. If you already have the URL then "The Game Development Blog".

GL;HF

Tom H.

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2019
Jaco, Costa Rica
I own the domain zerototetris.com which is intended for a similar purpose.

I used to own the domain crypto bible.com I wish I still had it, I've gotten offers to sell, but I stopped renewing it a few years ago.

Like @Bruno Calisso said, 2-3 words is better.

A lot of the time my strategy is to look for technical terms that are specific to the niche, like if you were doing fishing you have words like "gills" an and "reel".

Game program is full of cool terms.

ShaderPro, PixelQuest, CollisionDetection, LevelUp<Whatever>

techro

New Contributor
May 1, 2021
Europe
I own the domain zerototetris.com which is intended for a similar purpose.

I used to own the domain crypto bible.com I wish I still had it, I've gotten offers to sell, but I stopped renewing it a few years ago.

Like @Bruno Calisso said, 2-3 words is better.

A lot of the time my strategy is to look for technical terms that are specific to the niche, like if you were doing fishing you have words like "gills" an and "reel".

Game program is full of cool terms.

ShaderPro, PixelQuest, CollisionDetection, LevelUp<Whatever>
Thanks for the tip!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Hey everyone, I have a big announcement to make about how we are going to be working with...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any update? Hey bud! When I can squeeze out the time to work, it's been going pretty well...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom