The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ideas are shit: Let's Take Action Together

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008
FASTLANERS (myself included). Let's go! Your ticket to entry is a post in this thread. We don't want to hear about your ideas. We don't want to hear about your desires.

Let's just all take a second and set a written GOAL for what we can do TODAY to bust our a$$ and be better people 30 days from now. Try to stay away from setting a list of goals here (blog more + get fit + read more + land on the moon + make a million dollars + blah blah)....

Everyone should just write down ONE thing the are going to do, for certain, for the next 30 days to change their life for the better and to move closer to the Fastlane.

It can be as ambitious as:
  • "I am going to launch a "free trial" Shopify store and load 5 unique products per day, with organic copywriting."
Or as simple as:
  • "I am going to workout 30 minutes a day, 3 times per week".
Even if you don't land your first sale during this time period, or don't look like an Olympic athlete 30 days from now... I can guarantee if you are honest with yourself and stay strict, that you will be MUCH better off than where you started.

Whatever it is, write it down here. Put yourself on blast. This thread can be used in conjunction with whatever other goal/vision boards you have going.

On September 15th, everyone please come back and update us all on what they've learned. This is not a competition.

Mine: "I am going to write 1 content rich blog posts per day for my two eCommerce website, every other day." (I will still have many other tasks associated with my sites, but this is a thing I can't let get away from me!)

Your challenge begins the day you post.

PS. Please ONLY post your goal and your follow up. It would be most beneficial to everyone if this thread isn't littered with discussion or filler posts, but rather just with goals and follow-up.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest3722A

In this phase of the path I'm on, I am currently over-preparing for an auction that takes place in a month. In about a half hour, I am leaving to head to a building department in a city that has some lots I'm interested in. The goal with this visit is to get as much documented and undocumented info as I can.

H Dog

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Sep 8, 2015
I like this. I had a similar thought process myself just last week. Today I ordered all the ingredients for my potential new product. Took me 2 hours to formulate the list and order it from wholesale for the trials... I can feel the compounding effects of action already.

Torty Emmanuel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Feb 10, 2016
Lagos, Nigeria
This is a good challenge. For me, I've got two things to complete before 15th September.
1- Launch my first platform game on Google Play Store.
2- Build a website to solve a problem and validate it by testing on 2,500 potential users and investors.

NVaz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 24, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
I will find a pain/problem to solve, the corresponding solution and validate it.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
FASTLANERS (myself included). Let's go! Your ticket to entry is a post in this thread. We don't want to hear about your ideas. We don't want to hear about your desires.

Let's just all take a second and set a written GOAL for what we can do TODAY to bust our a$$ and be better people 30 days from now. Try to stay away from setting a list of goals here (blog more + get fit + read more + land on the moon + make a million dollars + blah blah)....

Everyone should just write down ONE thing the are going to do, for certain, for the next 30 days to change their life for the better and to move closer to the Fastlane.

It can be as ambitious as:
  • "I am going to launch a "free trial" Shopify store and load 5 unique products per day, with organic copywriting."
Or as simple as:
  • "I am going to workout 30 minutes a day, 3 times per week".
Even if you don't land your first sale during this time period, or don't look like an Olympic athlete 30 days from now... I can guarantee if you are honest with yourself and stay strict, that you will be MUCH better off than where you started.

Whatever it is, write it down here. Put yourself on blast. This thread can be used in conjunction with whatever other goal/vision boards you have going.

On September 15th, everyone please come back and update us all on what they've learned. This is not a competition.

Mine: "I am going to write 1 content rich blog posts per day for my two eCommerce website, every other day." (I will still have many other tasks associated with my sites, but this is a thing I can't let get away from me!)

Your challenge begins the day you post.

PS. Please ONLY post your goal and your follow up. It would be most beneficial to everyone if this thread isn't littered with discussion or filler posts, but rather just with goals and follow-up.

since i was destroyed on the topic " i won the lottery " because of my so called negative thinking wich is just realistic thinking by the way, i promise that i will win the lottery.

i will pray the law of attraction and win the lottery, that's my action.

i am sure to win because people here said so. we will see next month who need to be slapped for their thinking.

me or guys here.

i'm just kidding.

i am studying jeff walker's product launch formula and this is very interesting
.:)

i will use google keywords before next month to decide which way to go.

is that clear enough for you ?

Vitom

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jul 18, 2016
Virginia Beach
30 DAY goal:

• Get out of the military.
  • Obtain the ability to sell from my top choice manufacturer in Japan.
  • Have designs ready to go and be ordered to place on the storefront with beautiful professional pictures.
  • Enjoy living in the story I will be telling in 30 YEARS.

- Vito M.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
since i was destroyed on the topic " i won the lottery " because of my so called negative thinking wich is just realistic thinking by the way, i promise that i will win the lottery.

i will pray the law of attraction and win the lottery, that's my action.

i am sure to win because people here said so. we will see next month who need to be slapped for their thinking.

me or guys here.

i'm just kidding.

i am studying jeff walker's product launch formula and this is very interesting
.:)

i will use google keywords before next month to decide which way to go.

is that clear enough for you ?
Oh damn, you had me going for a bit there.

By September 15th I will be finished with my niche site's information product and launch it to my mailing list which is getting about 50 sign-ups per day. The information should be done by the end of the month, then it's design work and a finalized sales page.

Edit: on average the last 3 days, I've been getting over 50 sign-ups per day. Correction from the previously stated 25.

Last edited:

Salem

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 25, 2014
Spain
By September 14th, I will have finished the entire sales funnel for my blog, including the core offer, sales page, lead magnet , optin page and email sequence.

On Sep 15th, I will send traffic from FB Ads to test it.

Let's do this

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Three businesses signed up to my referral website with fully functioning website and shopping cart.

Done, actually by tonight I should have 5.

Next months goals...

- 10 Businesses. First Sale.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Since this worked well for me last year.

1. Break apart my novel I started before I entered Fast Lane.
Eww...Studied a bit about what M.J. stated. Use the rule of three and how to implement it in the story.
Apparently there is a few different ways to do this from watching different series and taking notes in Screen Writing.

Although, I really don't like wasting my time watching Netflix. It kind of shows me how people go brain dead and I feel lazy, but I guess serves the purpose of studying screen writing and different tricks they use in the stories. I just remind myself to take notes through the whole thing.

2. Read some more top novels with the rule of three.

3. Outline...Outline...Outline my chapters. Although my brain isn't cooperating and rather write from the seat of my pants. Organization...Structured paragraphs...Structured Sentences

4. Some how you incorporate Copy Writing in your Novel. So...also on my list.

5. Refresh my memory on essay writing. Go back to the grammar etc.

6. Gee...I've been learning Dutch this year and have four months before my exam. Write in Dutch more...practice...practice...finish learning it.

7. Changing my writing habits and style.

Find a new platform since Blab went down. I was hoping to used it. I hear Facebook Live Stream and Periscope isn't doing any better. So probably good old You Tube.

8. Get up early and write at least ten thousand words a day or one chapter, to get my novel split up into a series by December. I want to get it done and finished since I've taken many years to research and life experience to writing it correctly.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
My 30 day goal: Have my first video and audio course ready to go.

@G_Alexander great idea for a thread.

I finished this a few days ago, but I couldn't find the thread. Glad to see new posts and that it still has life.

So, I'm super excited that I was actually able to BEAT my goal. I also learned a few things along the way:

• Setting realistic goals. The original course that I wanted to design actually would have been completely over the top had I done that. When I got started, I realized that I needed to pare down the idea to make it easier for students to actually complete.
  • I had wanted to do a course like this a few years ago, but I ran into an obstacle. I ran into this same obstacle this time, but I found a way through it. The lesson here is that had I pushed through a few years ago, I could have been much further along with this project than I am right now.
  • Sometimes, but not always, it's good to follow the good old instincts. I knew that I should have been doing something like this all along, but now that I've actually gotten my first course done, it feels super comfortable.
  • Testing a course is key. I actually had a group of people who want to learn this particular skill fall into my lap (for money, naturally) a couple of weeks ago, so I've actually been able to use it with them get their feedback, which has helped me realize where it was lacking. I'm also planning on giving away some free copies in the next couple of months.
  • When you really set your mind to a goal, you can get much further than you even imagine. I was able to complete the course, a landing page (I already had my website up and functioning for this as of a few years ago), and even completed 10 YouTube videos that will help (ideally) drive traffic back to my website). And I added elements to the course that I hadn't planned on, but it makes it so much better.
I've got a few other things going on as far as income goes, but they don't require oversight right now. I'm looking forward to really taking this project to it's full potential over the next few years.

In the next 30 days, my goal is fairly simple:

Sell 10 copies of the course.

jesset17

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 23, 2016
Boise, ID
30 day goal: Have my first bulk order of product in hand and listed on Amazon ready to sell.

3 month goal: Sell out of my first bulk order of 500 units.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
My partners and I have grown our auto business and we plan to acquire and sell 20 cars this month. Also my other biz partner is setting up an amazon store.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
Import a new product and get 1+ orders per Adwords & Facebook Ads via Shopify store.
Done.
I achieved this goal actually on the last day. o_O
Till yesterday just 1 order via Adwords but today another 6 orders via Facebook Ads. :cigar:

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
In 30 days I will have my store open along with having my product ready for sale in my hands by September 15th

I failed, but I didn't let that keep me down. I thought I could get my product manufactured with a cost I could handle but it seems not to be the case. I was not going to risk destroying my brand by pumping out a cheap shit product that did not work.

^ That product is on hold in the mean time and will resume when I have enough available money to fulfill the MOQ

I DIDN'T STOP THERE

I pivoted and found something else I could "play" in. I got a different product manufactured. Funnily enough it arrived today! As I got home a few minutes ago it was sitting on my door step.

I ordered 50 Units and it seems as if they sent me a little bit over 50 units.

I will have this product for sale, labeled ready to go within 7 days on amazon.

I refuse to sit here and build capital from a slow lane job I hate when I can use my current money to make money for other ideas.

s7Dtj0L.jpg

EDIT: Screw just selling it on AZ, after reading the post above it has motivated me to sell through adwords and FB ads too

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.