The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Idea to make millions

Idea threads

fightingiseasy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 12, 2021
Hey All,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I own a small business called Life is hard Fighting is Easy. I teach private and semi-private sessions in martial arts, self-defense and Yoga along with wellness and life coaching.

I used to be a mechanical engineer working 9-5 but I saw there was a dead end to that life at and hated every minute of it.

I thought I was going for financial freedom when I transitioned to my business full time until I read Demarco’s books. Man, what an eye opener. I’m still trading time for money and am burning out. I also have a family with a newborn just added.

I also fought several times in Muay Thai, MMA Tae Kwon do and Karate. I had the idea to bring together real fighters to create a series of self-defense videos with my Fighting is Easy system I created. And make it available for video and streaming including YouTube and other platforms.

In my mind, this will make millions, what are your thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alferez

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Nov 27, 2018
Hey All,

I own a small business called Life is hard Fighting is Easy. I teach private and semi-private sessions in martial arts, self-defense and Yoga along with wellness and life coaching.

I used to be a mechanical engineer working 9-5 but I saw there was a dead end to that life at and hated every minute of it.

I thought I was going for financial freedom when I transitioned to my business full time until I read Demarco’s books. Man, what an eye opener. I’m still trading time for money and am burning out. I also have a family with a newborn just added.

I also fought several times in Muay Thai, MMA Tae Kwon do and Karate. I had the idea to bring together real fighters to create a series of self-defense videos with my Fighting is Easy system I created. And make it available for video and streaming including YouTube and other platforms.

It seems that you have a good place to start.

Have you studied what's already in the market?

Can you do it X better, easier, more convinient? How are you going to improve the offer to your customers?

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

My thoughts are, Ideas NEVER make millions, but action does.
So how about you go at it and tell us how it goes ? (and ask the forum advice along the way)
you can never be sure if something will work before actually trying it.
Exactly @fightingiseasy — Start a Progress Thread if you'd like accountability and input for what you're doing. The forum's more than cordial in that way, if you can take feedback well!

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
All the information I could possibly want to consume about fighting that comes in the form of online videos is well done, made by experts, completely free, easily searched for and found online, etc.

Why would I ever pay for it?

Content should be for building your brand, not monetizing the content. Make your videos a gateway drug to signing up with you for virtual or in person training. Not many people will pay for videos for what they can easily find for free unless they're suckers. Because I can lookup tons of great videos all about how to do a great double leg takedown, how to properly sink an arm choke, how to slip punches, how to pass guard, etc.

If you are offering virtual lessons, you can't follow the commandments of scale or time unless you have employee instructors, which then becomes difficult because there's a limited number of people who can properly train fighting (especially virtually), and they all can do it themselves or have their own gym.

The best you can do most likely is to just have a great personal brand as a good fighter, and then teach people and have some assistant trainers that work there but you're still the main guy who it's build around.

Or you just make a gym with employees that's themed around fighting like the UFC fitness gym that's a town over from mine. That's the only way I can see a fighting themed business do well when you are dealing with B2C and teaching/coaching/training.

Now if you decided to create a product that is needed in the fighting industry that doesn't exist yet, or is made poorly, or too expensive, etc...then you have a million dollar opportunity. Anything that you wish existed but doesn't yet or could be improved is a good start.

Also, if your 'fighting is easy system' is actually attempting to be a new 'fighting system' that YOU created... then I hope you're kidding. That's some Rex Kwon Do shit.

giphy_s.gif

fightingiseasy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 12, 2021
All the information I could possibly want to consume about fighting that comes in the form of online videos is well done, made by experts, completely free, easily searched for and found online, etc.

Why would I ever pay for it?

Content should be for building your brand, not monetizing the content. Make your videos a gateway drug to signing up with you for virtual or in person training. Not many people will pay for videos for what they can easily find for free unless they're suckers. Because I can lookup tons of great videos all about how to do a great double leg takedown, how to properly sink an arm choke, how to slip punches, how to pass guard, etc.

If you are offering virtual lessons, you can't follow the commandments of scale or time unless you have employee instructors, which then becomes difficult because there's a limited number of people who can properly train fighting (especially virtually), and they all can do it themselves or have their own gym.

The best you can do most likely is to just have a great personal brand as a good fighter, and then teach people and have some assistant trainers that work there but you're still the main guy who it's build around.

Or you just make a gym with employees that's themed around fighting like the UFC fitness gym that's a town over from mine. That's the only way I can see a fighting themed business do well when you are dealing with B2C and teaching/coaching/training.

Now if you decided to create a product that is needed in the fighting industry that doesn't exist yet, or is made poorly, or too expensive, etc...then you have a million dollar opportunity. Anything that you wish existed but doesn't yet or could be improved is a good start.

Also, if your 'fighting is easy system' is actually attempting to be a new 'fighting system' that YOU created... then I hope you're kidding. That's some Rex Kwon Do shit.

View attachment 39306

fightingiseasy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 12, 2021
Well, that is your opinion. Can’t know Rex Kwon do and Master Ken on YouTube. They are pretty funny and popular Lol.
I thought the idea of this forum was to untie time from money and create an unscripted life. Now, don’t get me wrong, I am going to build a gym but I’ve seen the expenses and time you have to put in. I have a vision of putting my system that I’ve used to hundreds of clients learn martial arts and self defense onto a video platform for millions to benefit from. If you think that free YouTube videos will help you learn martial arts or self defense, I feel you are headed down the wrong path.
The things you’ve mentioned (which I am already doing) just bind time to money and limit my income to just hundreds of people who may or may not join my programs.

fightingiseasy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 12, 2021
Exactly @fightingiseasy — Start a Progress Thread if you'd like accountability and input for what you're doing. The forum's more than cordial in that way, if you can take feedback well!
Yes, right now I am putting together a budget and looking into business loans and grants. I have a video and marketing team. Plus a possible location to shoot the videos.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Well, that is your opinion. Can’t know Rex Kwon do and Master Ken on YouTube. They are pretty funny and popular Lol.
I thought the idea of this forum was to untie time from money and create an unscripted life. Now, don’t get me wrong, I am going to build a gym but I’ve seen the expenses and time you have to put in. I have a vision of putting my system that I’ve used to hundreds of clients learn martial arts and self defense onto a video platform for millions to benefit from. If you think that free YouTube videos will help you learn martial arts or self defense, I feel you are headed down the wrong path.
The things you’ve mentioned (which I am already doing) just bind time to money and limit my income to just hundreds of people who may or may not join my programs.
Yeah I’m saying your videos aren’t going to go very well if you try to monetize them. I can say that with certainty. It would be super fastlane, but nobody will give a shit. The only people that would pay for instructional videos are suckers. And no I don’t train by watching YouTube videos I train at a small MMA gym instructed by professional fighters

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Find a way to "skew value" as MJ puts it.
Don't just be another martial arts instruction video series.

What exactly is unique about your product, how is it better than every other similar product? Do your videos come with a celebrity narrator/presenter, do you have large captions for people with poor hearing, do the videos come with a super awesome & unique gym bag full of useful (and branded) kits & clothing for training, are your videos recommended by the official Associations / Organizations of MMA/Maui Thai etc.

Who are you making the product for (women, men, children, teens, people over 40+, people that speak French, people that are blind, people that are missing 1 limb; arm/leg etc. )

How can you defend others from copying your idea and creating a similar product - how can you become a "monopoly"?

Last edited:

fightingiseasy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 12, 2021
Yeah I’m saying your videos aren’t going to go very well if you try to monetize them. I can say that with certainty. It would be super fastlane, but nobody will give a shit. The only people that would pay for instructional videos are suckers. And no I don’t train by watching YouTube videos I train at a small MMA gym instructed by professional fighters
Don’t worry man. People will buy. And it will do well just to prove you wrong. Don’t know why you are throwing so much energy my way with 0 constructive criticism. I’ve devoted my life to martial arts so I would never try to sucker anyone into anything.
I was just going by what you said about all this content on YouTube. Good luck with your mma.

fightingiseasy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 12, 2021
Find a way to "skew value" as MJ puts it.
Don't just be another martial arts instruction video series.

What exactly is unique about your product, how is it better than every other similar product? Do your videos come with a celebrity narrator/presenter, do you have large captions for people with poor hearing, do the videos come with a super awesome & unique gym bag full of useful (and branded) kits & clothing for training, are your videos recommended by the official Associations / Organizations of MMA/Maui Thai etc.

Who are you making the product for (women, men, children, teens, people over 40+, people that speak French, people that are blind, people are missing 1 limb; arm/leg etc. )

How can you defend others from copying your idea and creating a similar product - how can you become a "monopoly"?
Thank you. This is very helpful.

fightingiseasy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 12, 2021
Oh and you can say that with certainty because why? Did you try videos and they didn’t take off?

fridge

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 4, 2020
USA
Jason Scully created the grapplers guide which has probably brought in 6 figures+ of revenue. It just depends on how good you are and who you're trying to market to. I personally bought the grapplers guide lifetime access for $97 and it's about $300 right now, and has been worth every penny. Granted, it's mainly niche (brazilian jiu jitsu) and anyone serious about the course is going to be serious about jiu jitsu. I don't know if there is going to be a market for general self defense, to be honest. Primarily because martial arts is one of those things that requires at least some previous/current training in order to capitalize off of instructional material beyond a class room. What I mean by this is, a brand new person could watch every video on the grapplers guide and even practice the moves themselves and with a partner, and I'd still smash them, reason being is they don't have the previous martial arts experience and knowledge of how to actually apply moves, practice them effectively, etc.

fightingiseasy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 12, 2021
Jason Scully created the grapplers guide which has probably brought in 6 figures+ of revenue. It just depends on how good you are and who you're trying to market to. I personally bought the grapplers guide lifetime access for $97 and it's about $300 right now, and has been worth every penny. Granted, it's mainly niche (brazilian jiu jitsu) and anyone serious about the course is going to be serious about jiu jitsu. I don't know if there is going to be a market for general self defense, to be honest. Primarily because martial arts is one of those things that requires at least some previous/current training in order to capitalize off of instructional material beyond a class room. What I mean by this is, a brand new person could watch every video on the grapplers guide and even practice the moves themselves and with a partner, and I'd still smash them, reason being is they don't have the previous martial arts experience and knowledge of how to actually apply moves, practice them effectively, etc.

fightingiseasy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 12, 2021
good to know. I know the Gracies, Rener and Rener, have done well with their online learning academy for Jiu jitsu. But they are the Gracies and marketing geniuses.
I do pretty well in training one on ones for people with little to no experience in Muay Thai, mma and self defense so I am curious how well my training methods convert to video. I think interactivity and someone else made a comment about skew and providing unique value.
We will see. I’ll try the AAA METHOD and if it doesn’t work I’ll keep adjusting until it does or try other types of videos like weightloss, straight Muay Thai etc.

ArHS

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jul 23, 2021
I've been training in martial arts for most of my life now as well and here are my humble opinions. You have to address a few issues related to CENTS when it comes to your execution model:

• Control: Are your videos/instructionals going to be hosted on a common platform, i.e. the way BJJ Fanatics has control over most instructionals & the way YouTube dominates pretty much everything for self defence. I think you have an issue here as (no offence) most of the information you will probably have is already out there. If it is hosted on your own website then you can address this, though I'd then see some execution problems.
  • Entry: Another issue here - all of the techniques/strategies are mostly out there, perhaps you have a different way of combining them, but how can you make that clear? Most people will say that their "strategy" is different in a marketing campaign, it doesn't mean that it is.
  • Need: This is another issue - what value does your strategy have above others? Most martial arts instructionals have significant brand value behind them, i.e. John Danaher or Gordon Ryan where they have built up a significant brand image / intrinsic value with their performance in BJJ competition. I am not sure whether you have done the same, if so then you can leverage your brand identity, but if you have none, you have to create a Productocracy with your content - it must sell itself and pass consumer to consumer.
  • Time: The instructional model suits this very well, its the same as a book with royalties so no real issues here.
  • Scale: This is also what worries me... Most people benefit from BJJ instructionals as BJJ is a very technical sport - by far the most technique based combat sport in that understand the systems of how moves fit together is more important than underlying athleticism. This is very different to stand-up striking arts, there are only 8 (or 9) tools in stand-up and most people know how to use them. What is your customer base? How are you going to reach everyone?

They are just some quick thoughts, I am not trying to put you down, I am just questioning your idea in a way to test it, much the same way you might test a technique when sparring to know if it is feasible in real life or not. In all honestly I believe you face a very difficult first few years when it comes to marketing this without a significant brand identity - the product has to sell itself or attach itself onto a major brand identity (i.e. find someone big in the combat sports world who endorses you).

I am interested to understand what your instructionals would actually contain that is different to the literal tidal wave of information that exists in YouTube for "free".

Kind regards.

fightingiseasy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 12, 2021
I've been training in martial arts for most of my life now as well and here are my humble opinions. You have to address a few issues related to CENTS when it comes to your execution model:

• Control: Are your videos/instructionals going to be hosted on a common platform, i.e. the way BJJ Fanatics has control over most instructionals & the way YouTube dominates pretty much everything for self defence. I think you have an issue here as (no offence) most of the information you will probably have is already out there. If it is hosted on your own website then you can address this, though I'd then see some execution problems.
  • Entry: Another issue here - all of the techniques/strategies are mostly out there, perhaps you have a different way of combining them, but how can you make that clear? Most people will say that their "strategy" is different in a marketing campaign, it doesn't mean that it is.
  • Need: This is another issue - what value does your strategy have above others? Most martial arts instructionals have significant brand value behind them, i.e. John Danaher or Gordon Ryan where they have built up a significant brand image / intrinsic value with their performance in BJJ competition. I am not sure whether you have done the same, if so then you can leverage your brand identity, but if you have none, you have to create a Productocracy with your content - it must sell itself and pass consumer to consumer.
  • Time: The instructional model suits this very well, its the same as a book with royalties so no real issues here.
  • Scale: This is also what worries me... Most people benefit from BJJ instructionals as BJJ is a very technical sport - by far the most technique based combat sport in that understand the systems of how moves fit together is more important than underlying athleticism. This is very different to stand-up striking arts, there are only 8 (or 9) tools in stand-up and most people know how to use them. What is your customer base? How are you going to reach everyone?

They are just some quick thoughts, I am not trying to put you down, I am just questioning your idea in a way to test it, much the same way you might test a technique when sparring to know if it is feasible in real life or not. In all honestly I believe you face a very difficult first few years when it comes to marketing this without a significant brand identity - the product has to sell itself or attach itself onto a major brand identity (i.e. find someone big in the combat sports world who endorses you).

I am interested to understand what your instructionals would actually contain that is different to the literal tidal wave of information that exists in YouTube for "free".

Kind regards.
Awesome. Thanks! I’ve been thinking about some of these issues nonstop. My value, from what my students that do private training with me have told me) is the way I teach and how I break techniques down into a simple method of learning them ( ie Fighting is easy)
I think my biggest issue in marketing will be translating that into how
I can add value to people’s lives. And the not being known throughout the world, like the gracies or John Donaher.
Thanks again!

ArHS

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jul 23, 2021
Awesome. Thanks! I’ve been thinking about some of these issues nonstop. My value, from what my students that do private training with me have told me) is the way I teach and how I break techniques down into a simple method of learning them ( ie Fighting is easy)
I think my biggest issue in marketing will be translating that into how
I can add value to people’s lives. And the not being known throughout the world, like the gracies or John Donaher.
Thanks again!
No problem - am interested as well as I do think most people overcomplicate these things and make them waaay more complex than they need to be! If you can build brand identity with platforms like YouTube or Instagram (like Scully I guess) you could definitely leverage that to build a set of core subscribers for your content. Especially if you can bring in famous/semi-famous fighters at some point to record/collab with as well.

DavidL41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jul 30, 2021
Hey All,

I think if you had strong sales, and are projected to make a million in profit in the upcoming years then that would be very promising. The idea in my mind is that your business capabilities, and business performance should be at a level that can create a very compelling, high value offer(that has the sales to validate that). If you can do that, and effectively market and promote your product to people that are compelled to buy(and do buy) that would be how you get the strong sales, and with luck projected million + dollar profit.

So, my opinion is that you figure out where is a promising market(maybe the concept is to hire people to teach your class as an actual real self defense class, or a compelling value proposition like that). Can you devise a business model that is capable enough to output a compelling high value proposition, marketing, sales, profit and so on.

Imo, just like in fighting, the more capable, better performer, and strategist (than their competition) will obtain high odds of success. In the market place you should have something as compelling or better, and as valuable or better than your direct competitors. And, be optimal enough(effective, efficient, and consistent) in capturing value. That is my general strategy of why a business can excel to far above average results.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
1.) Find somebody who's already doing what you want to be doing (at the level you want to be doing it at).

2.) Study them intensely. What worked, what didn't work. Take notes on how you could do it better/differently/more valuably so that someone would want to buy your thing.

3.) Start with an extremely low budget, put videos out to see if you can generate some interest. Run some basic ads for a couple of dollars a day. See what kind of traction you can get. Come back with results.

P.S. as someone who had a business in the field (a fairly successful one), I was never able to make online or video trainings work besides it being used as supplemental to my in-person classes.

Now that may have changed since Covid. Maybe more and more people are willing to learn from home.

P.P.S. Don't fall in love with your product, fall in love with your customer. You might find that people don't want video trainings, they want something else. You might find they are looking for safety keychains or situational awareness. Realtors here in the States are a prime target for safety training. They are often alone with strangers in an empty house and have been known at time to get taken advantage of.

dandy2902

New Contributor
May 12, 2021
Hey All,

If you have a clear and strategic plan for your business, then Yes!

DavidL41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jul 30, 2021
P.P.S. Don't fall in love with your product, fall in love with your customer.
That is a good point. In a sense the strategy, organization/business model, and value proposition are all aimed to create the highest customer satisfaction. It's all for the customer. Companies that persistently optimize for that have higher odds to profit, and grow.

Would you say the way to grow and profit is in being able to A. effectively create exceptional value proposition (resulting in high customer satisfaction) AND B. effectively market and promote ?

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
That is a good point. In a sense the strategy, organization/business model, and value proposition are all aimed to create the highest customer satisfaction. It's all for the customer. Companies that persistently optimize for that have higher odds to profit, and grow.

Would you say the way to grow and profit is in being able to A. effectively create exceptional value proposition (resulting in high customer satisfaction) AND B. effectively market and promote ?

That there done be a lotta big words.

Peter Drucker said it best, business is only 2 things: marketing and innovation.

But yes, you're right. My idea of innovation is how do you improve the lives of your customers and clients ... And then how do you effectively communicate that.

DavidL41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jul 30, 2021
That there done be a lotta big words.

Peter Drucker said it best, business is only 2 things: marketing and innovation.

But yes, you're right. My idea of innovation is how do you improve the lives of your customers and clients ... And then how do you effectively communicate that.
To take it one step further, a company provides intended customers all of the following: A. product/service, B. a positive emotional experience, C. aspiration/inspiration. Meaning, Starbucks for example is serving coffee and food that their customers want, a positive emotional experience(atmosphere, ordering, brand), and customers feel they have access to a slice of luxury that is aspirational/inspirational to them.

At the end of the day, a business creates a value proposition that can also includes a positive emotional experience, and aspirations/inspiration. Customers have emotional, and aspirational needs that a company should provide them.

----------

Having said all that is a businesses top priority to sell and promote a great product/service and attached to that is happiness(positive emotional experience, aspiration/inspiration, maybe even purpose)?

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Having said all that is a businesses top priority to sell and promote a great product/service and attached to that is happiness(positive emotional experience, aspiration/inspiration, maybe even purpose)?

Complexity is the enemy of execution.

The definition of a business is a system that consistently adds value in a timely and effective manner.

Coffee is the product. They deliver the product in a timely and effective manner.

The innovation (making it better) came in with the atmosphere, ambiance, nicer chairs. Other places innovated coffee by having it served by hot chicks in bikinis. Other places served it faster than anyone else. Other places found better beans. Whatever the innovation -- their "unique selling proposition" -- really it just comes down to getting someone from "ain't got it" to "got it" in a timely and effective manner.

I think what you're talking about is important but really advanced.

How do you create an emotional response to a product or service?

Well... that depends on the innovation. Sometimes it is a hot chick in a bikini -- that makes me happy. Other times it's when I have a problem and I haven't been able to solve it, it becomes a huge relief. Sometimes it's as simple as a meaningful conversation.

But at the end of the day if the value is delivered in a TIMELY and effective manner... the result is accomplished and everybody is happy.

If something breaks down in your system, then the result is not delivered in a timely manner and people associate negative feelings to you, your products, your brand, etc.

We've all had companies that we love their product but you question whether you should order it again because you don't know how/when it will show up.

Yes, you want to create an emotional response.... but probably not in the way you're thinking. That usually happens automatically when you solve someone's problem. If the product or service solves someone's problem (in a timely and effective manner), my emotions change.

But trying to create an emotion first is like putting the cart before the horse.

DavidL41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jul 30, 2021
Complexity is the enemy of execution.

The definition of a business is a system that consistently adds value in a timely and effective manner.

Coffee is the product. They deliver the product in a timely and effective manner.

The innovation (making it better) came in with the atmosphere, ambiance, nicer chairs. Other places innovated coffee by having it served by hot chicks in bikinis. Other places served it faster than anyone else. Other places found better beans. Whatever the innovation -- their "unique selling proposition" -- really it just comes down to getting someone from "ain't got it" to "got it" in a timely and effective manner.

I think what you're talking about is important but really advanced.

How do you create an emotional response to a product or service?

Well... that depends on the innovation. Sometimes it is a hot chick in a bikini -- that makes me happy. Other times it's when I have a problem and I haven't been able to solve it, it becomes a huge relief. Sometimes it's as simple as a meaningful conversation.

But at the end of the day if the value is delivered in a TIMELY and effective manner... the result is accomplished and everybody is happy.

If something breaks down in your system, then the result is not delivered in a timely manner and people associate negative feelings to you, your products, your brand, etc.

We've all had companies that we love their product but you question whether you should order it again because you don't know how/when it will show up.

Yes, you want to create an emotional response.... but probably not in the way you're thinking. That usually happens automatically when you solve someone's problem. If the product or service solves someone's problem (in a timely and effective manner), my emotions change.

But trying to create an emotion first is like putting the cart before the horse.
I think I have not conveyed my concept fully. The concept to me is to do the market research, find an opportunity where a 'value proposition innovation' can be made. People buy the value proposition that is tailored just for them for max value and customer satisfaction.

In simpler terms, Starbucks looked at a customer segment, and realized in Europe there is an already validated high end european coffee lounge scene. He made some tweaks to see if it would work in America. He innovated the value proposition in order to serve a premium experience with higher end coffee to women, and upper middle class mostly.

In essence, he created a new superior value proposition tailored to his target audience. He kept a supreme focus on continually improving the value proposition for his target audience.

In conclusion, my overall concept is:

superior strategy + superior organization/business model
= superior value proposition for target audience = superior results ( customer satisfaction + profit + growth)

A business wants to create a superior value proposition (value, brand, product, and experience). It needs an optimal strategy and organization/business model to be able to design and create that superior value proposition.

The concept at hand is to achieve an above average or superior value proposition for the target audience. Keep improving the value proposition to improve results(ideally leading to heavy growth and then scale). Would you say that is an accurate enough way to look at overall strategy?

Last edited:

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I think I have not conveyed my concept fully. The concept to me is to do the market research, find an opportunity where a 'value proposition innovation' can be made. People buy the value proposition that is tailored just for them for max value and customer satisfaction.

In simpler terms, Starbucks looked at a customer segment, and realized in Europe there is an already validated high end european coffee lounge scene. He made some tweaks to see if it would work in America. He innovated the value proposition in order to serve a premium experience with higher end coffee to women, and upper middle class mostly.

In essence, he created a new superior value proposition tailored to his target audience. He kept a supreme focus on continually improving the value proposition for his target audience.

In conclusion, my overall concept is:

superior strategy + superior organization/business model
= superior value proposition for target audience = superior results ( customer satisfaction + profit + growth)

A business wants to create a superior value proposition (value, brand, product, and experience). It needs an optimal strategy and organization/business model to be able to design and create that superior value proposition.

The concept at hand is to achieve an above average or superior value proposition for the target audience. Keep improving the value proposition to improve results(ideally leading to heavy growth and then scale). Would you say that is an accurate enough way to look at overall strategy?

Sure! Sounds good... so what are you going to do with it?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.